Thread: permanent abilitys -> passiv

Default permanent abilitys -> passiv

I suggest to make all abilitys that are like 5 seconds recycle, 1-2h duration, self only and activated all the time passiv.
    Abilitys like
    Savety
    Melee Ward
    Energize
    Elemental Ward
    Primal Roar
    Determination

This would save Timers on server and hotkeys for players.
    Some abilitys like Skin Like.. , Lifegiver, Aceleration, Vivacity alraedy got passiv long time ago. But this change left out a few schools with nearly identical abilitys (mage for example)

Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Default Re: permanent abilitys -> passiv

That sounds like a great suggestion

Same was with minor str/minor dex/minor healt ..
    Donnt think it would change a lot if both would be active at same time. You normaly fight with only one kind (magic or melee) at same time anyways.
    Sure. On stuff like elar lightning arrows/ice arrows/flame arrows it realy cant be done. But with the 2 dragon abilitys i donnt see a real problem.

For biped abilitys it would even remove some minor "exploits". As it is now you can use your melee ward V as mage. then change to an other scholl and have 2h fun with version V. Aame works with most other abilitys too. If it would be passiv you would automaticly turn back into the lower masterd version.

Unity

Oneissue is that making an ability passive prevents it from being dispelled.

Another is that several of those listed conflict either with each other or with other buffs not listed. Making the above passive allows them to stack and add more power to the player.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Mages saftey is over written by true grit for example and elemental ward is already set as a passive abilty last time i looked anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Doombreak
    Mages saftey is over written by true grit for example and elemental ward is already set as a passive abilty last time i looked anyway
    If elemental ward is passiv, why is melee ward not?
    Mages safety is same as "skin like" from Druid. But skin like is passiv. Safety not. Why?

Unity

Elemental ward is learned by elemental archer only the first one can b master in later lvls. I guess the facts about being passive or not is lore around the class a mage wants additonal armor he catss his saftey spell and melee ward whereas skills in battle for druid they have learned to make themselves more resislient to forms of attack (vigor, skin like etc)

Eni, i really like your suggestion. I can think of dozens of things that could be done passively, that they missed way back over a year ago.

if it's something that gets cast again the second it goes down, it deserves a passive role. there is nothing situational about safety, or melee ward, or skin like x, or a myriad of other abilites so I think it stands to reason that they should be on at all times.

@ PJ, yes they won't be dispellable anymore, but IMO these things should not be dispelled at all, since they are core abilites/buffs inherent to the class. Gifts, enhances, potions, situational buffs, things that buff you outside the domain of what you learn..etc,... should be fair game for dispells.

as to the stacking issue... they can be made passive and class only too. just because its passive does not make it automatically accessable to another class. and really, characters have everything they need to be insanely powerful now. it's not like a few more passive abilites will change it much heh.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Yeah, I say make some of these passive, OR give us more hotkey bars than 10.

[H]

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Or a /loadhotkeyui option to load alternate hotkey setups.
    In fact it is very easy to switch sets of different Hotkey-setups ...

Look up my post, subpoint 3.

Thread Information