Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotional CD screenshot

Default Promotional CD screenshot

Here's what the cargo disk you get in the Fileplanet promotion looks like. It's a 5000 bulk Tarbash, speed 10, NO level requirement (!!!), and it's attuned.

Still pretty nifty. We're supposed to be able to get them ourselves when the promotion is over.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Promotional CD screenshot

Wow, and how will we get them?

David said in IRC yesterday that they would release them to us after the promotion is over. They are working on ways to trick out cargo disks and apparently when the client update is complete we will be able to see disks that are being dragged.

I've had a fileplanet membership for like 2 years, I just got the exclusive promotional key...

So is it visible to others now?

What is with fileplanet and these promotions ?

They ran the same sort of things with some other MMO's [:#]

Anyhow It may be time to get a second account LOL....

Oh btw have your spyware blocker running while visiting fileplanet. They are a known source of spyware (Avenue A).

Oohh.... a fish hood ornament for our cargo disk... how nifty!

>^.^<

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    you sure it's a fish?
    Looks like some golden carp/catfish thing... Super Double Happiness Lucky Fish! I want one on my helmet! Maybe I can pry it off of the cargo disk if noone's looking and it's parked unattended...

:: wears around a 55 lb bling cargo disk hood ornament ::
    -HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    you sure it's a fish?
    for me it looks like a sea snake or dragon like creature ^^

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

It's a fish.

Really neat to see the fan blades turning under the platform, too. [:D]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by HratLi
    Looks like some golden carp/catfish thing... Super Double Happiness Lucky Fish! -HratLi
    LOL *tears* funny funny funny

That is awesome, hubby would simply kill me if I asked for another account, so I won't, but I will be patient. However, one thing I have to ask, is that if all cargo disks will be visibile to others? If that is the case, will they be able to be stolen from , from others? Or, conversely, will all disks be then attunable to disallow the use of any kind of exploit or bug for others to access our disk? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    That is awesome, hubby would simply kill me if I asked for another account, so I won't, but I will be patient. However, one thing I have to ask, is that if all cargo disks will be visibile to others? If that is the case, will they be able to be stolen from , from others? Or, conversely, will all disks be then attunable to disallow the use of any kind of exploit or bug for others to access our disk? Thanks!
    I assume it will be just like now wher eyou can set them to Sale contents, See but not Sale Contents but instead of clicking on the toon they can not click in the disk maybe.

I'd just think it'd be a graphic too, not a container you can actually open.

It was possible to see other peoples disks during beta. That's all you could do was see them though so I'm thinking they are just going to reinstate this feature.

Yes, I never heard why it was changed, but I did like to see the disks bobbing along behind the owner.

Glad they'll be visible again. You don't suppose dye kits could be used on them? Maybe? Someday??
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Amon said dye kits can't be added, as if you try to dye it, it'll just go into the disk not onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    Yes, I never heard why it was changed, but I did like to see the disks bobbing along behind the owner.

Glad they'll be visible again. You don't suppose dye kits could be used on them? Maybe? Someday??
    I seem to remember it did something bad to performance when a bunch of people were crafting in the same location all with disks.

A lot of things have been fixed since then, and besides, the plan is for them to be seen only when in tow. The parked ones won't be shown.

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Even though it's eye candy... it's obvious that watching a ped or dragon running like "the six million dollar man" kinda tells you a disk is being towed (or they are just overincumbered)

If they are going to put forth the assets to make the disks "look" snazzy, what's the purpose other than just "you" being able to see it.

Most MMORPG's when you get something "special" due to a promo, you want to "brag" and show it off to others. Bringing back the beta view of the disks would be cool, even if it's just eye candy
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Is the promo disk recallable and/or usable through portal?

Speaking of Cargo disk, does anyone know what happened to the other planned or rumored cargo disk?
    Like the flying one or the construction one (high bulk, 2 stacks)?
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Thread Information