Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update - March 24, 2006

Default Blight Update - March 24, 2006

The following additions, changes and fixes were applied to Blight on Friday, March 24, 2006:[*]Stoneworking Mastery quests are now available from Saphias the Stoneworker, a follower of Lunus, who resides near Dralk.[*]There are two new arrivals on New Trismus that are greeting newcomers to the island. Rumor has it one of them has a particular problem they could use some help with.[*]Relstaroth will now remind Lairshapers on the ?Lairshaping Mastery (Part 6)? quest to bring their Journeyman emblem with them to complete the final step.[*]?Gravus' Quest: Blacksmith Part III? on Spirit Isle will now properly track Cedar Shortbows instead of Cedar Boards. Gravus will also give you a Refurbished Cedar Board Plane.[*]Demon Flurry will again overwrite Energize 2.[*]Quest ?Town Marshall: Breeder Boasting? is now completeable by returning to Saenethra.[*]Corrected the skill requirement to scribe Expert Fabric Construction Tapetries formula.[*]Ceremonial Tower Shield will now boost Blight Resistance by +300.[*]A destination pad has been added to the community of Forest Guard.[*]The Travel Gate on Scorpion Island now links to destination pads, also on Scorpion Island.[*]Blacksmith Trainers throughout Istaria will now give out Refurbished tools instead of Training tools.[*]Corrected a broken chat link in ?Avariatus' Quest: Learn about the Lunus Faction? so it may be completed.[*]Wild Grulets will now drop Wild Grulet Tusks instead of Wild Gruok Tusks.[*]Wraiths of all tiers will now drop more applicable loot.[*]Steward Pratt McGrubben in New Trismus will now offer to attune bipeds to Spirit Isle.[*]A tinkering bench has been added to Mahagra.[*]Group bonus increased from 10% to 15% per additional member.[*]Self-centered area of effect attacks will have proper feedback when you currently have a heal over time effect on.[*]Corrected round shields so that arm guards will no longer bleed through.[/list]
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update - March 24, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Stoneworking Mastery quests are now available from Saphias the Stoneworker, a follower of Lunus, who resides near Dralk.
    WOOT!! Thank you Amon and Please thank anyone else that worked on this.

and not to kill the mood but might we hope smelting is not far behind?

Stoneworking mastery...that is good news!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

My eyes lit up like a shining star in the heavens when I saw that.... then i went reading and saw no smelting.... I hope that isn't too far away!
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

[*]Stoneworking Mastery quests are now available from Saphias the Stoneworker, a follower of Lunus, who resides near Dralk.[/list]
    That's great news. Only Smelting Remain. But out of curiosity, why Dralk and not Chiconis?
    I would have thought the quarry and Stoneworking masters would have sticked together.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

smelting will be in the next one. Dralk because the trainer is a lunus.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

smelting will be in the next one. Dralk because the trainer is a lunus.
    OK then. Its just quarrying/spellcrafting are in chiconis, would just make sense that stoneworking be in chiconis.

Smelting would then be dralk.

Helian and lunus are fairly meaningless terms these days.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

imported_Virtul

[*]Group bonus increased from 10% to 15% per additional member.[/list]
    thank you!
    hope to see more teamplay improvements in the future =)

"Helian and lunus are fairly meaningless terms these days."

Not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote:smelting will be in the next one. Dralk because the trainer is a lunus.

OK then. Its just quarrying/spellcrafting are in chiconis, would just make sense that stoneworking be in chiconis.

Smelting would then be dralk.

Helian and lunus are fairly meaningless terms these days.
    That's exactly why I asked...
    Lunus are yet again getting all the trainer. Even when it make no sense.
    Chiconis got quarrying, spellcrafting and Essence. Which are the required skills to make spells.

Dralk got mining, scalecrafing, gemworking, which are used for scales. And they got crystalshaping and lairshaping with the new school. And they're going to get stoneworking.

If Lunus and Helian *really* have a meaning, I believe stoneworking should have been put in Chiconis and given by an Helian trainer, while the smelting should have been given by a Lunus trainer in Dralk.

Even though it's good news we're finally getting those long awaited quests, I see a dual message in the way they are given to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    Even though it's good news we're finally getting those long awaited quests, I see a dual message in the way they are given to us.
    You could see a dual message in a grilled cheese sandwich. Good grief, you got what you asked for and you still find something to whine about?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

He's a dragon, LO...do you really expect any less?
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Actually, he's right... Lore wise (and discussed in the guild I belong to) Chiconis would be the logical choice for a Stoneworking Helian dragon (but it's a lunus dragon, so go figure)

I would have suspected that Smelting (hot lava, volcano, etc) would be Lunus...

I look at my checklist cheatsheet to tell me what quests I have done:

Chiconis: 8 quest dragons
    Dralk: 11 quest dragons (now 12 with Stoneworking quest)
    Tazoon: 1

It would have been nice (lore wise, balance wise) to have had the stoneworking quest in Chiconis.

Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

They both have structures made of stone so I see little difference between them in that regards. But, if we get down to it, Dralk is the original home city of the dragons, Chiconis the exile city. So I would expect more dragons to reside in dralk than chiconis. Also, with the gate of embers and lairshaper there, more dragons would tend to congregate in dralk than chiconis.

Ultimately the decision was made becauseSaphias is a Lunus. And Lunusreside in Dralk. Saphias isn't likely to have a change of heart with regards to the faction it follows. A naka is still anaka and needs to be dominated.

They both have structures made of stone so I see little difference between them in that regards. But, if we get down to it, Dralk is the original home city of the dragons, Chiconis the exile city. So I would expect more dragons to reside in dralk than chiconis. Also, with the gate of embers and lairshaper there, more dragons would tend to congregate in dralk than chiconis.

Ultimately the decision was made becauseSaphias is a Lunus. And Lunusreside in Dralk. Saphias isn't likely to have a change of heart with regards to the faction it follows. A naka is still anaka and needs to be dominated.
    Hmmm. Anyone, let me know if I'm wrong on my knowledge of the lores...

Draak is the original home city.

Dralk was the refuge city when Draak felts under the WA assault.. And way after the Ancients left the surface of Istaria.
    Chiconis is the SISTER city after the Lunus and Helian fought over their phylosophie difference on how to handle the Naka...

If I'm not wrong the ancient left way before Dralk was founded. So there was no reason to put the amber gate near Dralk. And by keeping putting intentionnaly stuff in dralk, you're make it sure you can use the excuse of 'there's more stuff in Dralk'.

And is it only me who can sense some biaise toward Lunus on that last reply? Both in location and phylosophie? For Helian and balance sake, I do hope the smelting trainer ends up in Chiconis.

I'm starting to wonder why AE put 2 factions for Dragons, when only one keeps getting everything, update after update, and the other only get snide replies.

Draak is a lost colony.

Dralk is the original dragon homeland, founded by Drulkar himself (according to legend).

Chiconis is the city built by the followers of Helian after the Great Schism.

Draak is a lost colony.

Dralk is the original dragon homeland, founded by Drulkar himself (according to legend).

Chiconis is the city built by the followers of Helian after the Great Schism.
    Then I stand corrected regarding the cities.

I always thought Draak was the first 'colony' when the Dragon first stepped in Istaria.
    Then moved to Dralk.

But the points still remain that Helian and Chiconis still need some balance. While it's understandable that a Lunus trainer has no place in Chiconis, I don't see the point to give a Lunus trainer a key skill to Helian. Simply pick another NPC as a trainer and move it to Chiconis. Chiconis is the land of stone and water. Dralk is the land of fire and metal.

And if you want to make Chiconis a place were people goes, then you should put more stuff into it, not moving stuff to Dralk. Otherwise, it only make it worse as content keep being added to Dralk.

Why is Saphias a lunus? because some dev labeled him such. Hardly a convincing argument.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

It's the devs lore, devs game. Saphias is a Lunus because the lore says so. It would be a bit strange to simply change his faction now, anyways. Helien Vs Lunus, from what I've read, is a pretty hot debate, they arn't very fond of eachother. Having a change like that could cause many problems.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

I understand why Dralk gets every thing. I still do not have to like it being a Helian. But hopefuly that means once they can, years from now [:O], Once they start adding completely new stuff it goes to Chiconis as we all know how hide bound the Lunus are and they will not want to develop anything new.

Thread Information