Thread: Hello Horizons Community

Rumbarr

Default Hello Horizons Community

Well after some searching for a game with crafting and a good community,I decided to give Horizons a shot. Curently downloading now and looking forward to playing. Any quick tips to getting started? I usually play mages in mmo's, how are they for crafting and hunting around? anyways thxs for any suggestions you can offer

Welcome to Horzions (this thread may be moved to Hello section soon)! Do the started quests, would be the first piece of advice I'd give. They introduce you nicely to mage class. Crafting is separate classes, so mage doesn't directly have a large impact on your craft ability. It will have an impact on your ability to protect yourself when on guarded resource fields though.

Also, join the New Player Help channel or somesuch - can't remember the name. Horizons player are generally willing to answer questions without any of the 'lol noob' things you see in places like WoW.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Just going to echo what was said before as someone who just got started.

Join the new player channel, don't be afraid to ask technical and newbie questions because people are helpful. A fight in this community is people complaining that vets are "too" helpful.

Do the tutorial quests, see what you want to do. If you want you don't really need to level any adventuring class.

and if you really want to make money as a crafter, I'd look into Confectioner as it will probably be the most profitable class after its revamp.

Once you start to get the hang of things, there is an excellent website for cold, hard facts about game elements: horizons.gamersinfo.net

The best advice I can give is to be social. New Player is an excellent resource for learning how to play the game, and Marketplace is also good (in it's own special way) for learning about more advanced topics and generally being up to date on the latest event/nerf/invasion.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

You can craft with every adventurer class you chose -- its just a question of how you manage to survive in regions that are dangerous (but have nice resources).

And you can survive as a mage (I've done it so far), but it is important that you have a good array of spells. And if you chose to become a scholar you can craft such spells yourself.

Welcome to Istaria! Have a fine time crafting and adventuring.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information