Thread: Arrrrggggh, what the heck is going on?

Threaded View

Noxuathl

Angry Arrrrggggh, what the heck is going on?

My previously flawless desktop installation of Horizons has gone barmy!

I hate to say it but I think it happened when I tried the latest helian interface. I had happily been using the one that came with an installer and the map pack 3.2 that came with an installer but after the one that you just copy into resources_override I had problems with the game just hanging after login.

No problem I thought, just remove it. Wrong.

It can't still be that causing problems because I have since :

uninstalled and reinstalled Horizons ( a few times ),
    reinstalled and then copied over all of the files from my laptop installation (which still works just fine),
    completely formatted my games hard drive after discovering it was fairly fragmented and the defrag was taking entirely too long,
    reinstalled XP.

Yes I know it sounds crazy but I was still having problems of either the loadup messages stopping or me just seeing a black screen after the login.

Now tonight for some reason after yet another reinstall and a long wait after logging in I was finally able to play for a few minutes and then bam, kicked out with Error ID: 91. I log back in and the same thing happens.

I'm at my wit's end and so far technical support have been unable to help despite me sending logs and dxdiag files.

Could anybody shed any light please?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Amadan; April 18th, 2006 at 05:50 AM.

Thread Information