Thread: Dakron or Fafnir Loot bugged again?

Default Dakron or Fafnir Loot bugged again?

Might we get word from a Dev if Dakron hides is set up like Fafnir hides now? In that the basic kwellens now drop hides like the hounds being as Dakron him self only drops one hide for all instead of each person having a chance at thier own hide? Or are both bugged in they are droping 1 hide for all?

I believe that it has always been that kwellens and hounds can drop hides, its just rare. I have seen Fafnir drop two hides at most but I think its possible for him to drop more. Only one loot window and I think Draknor works the same way as Fafnir now. But this is based on my experience and if a Dev can verify please do.

Jayne

If things are going to be so rare, it would be nice to know if people are wasting their time killing them. From what I've seen kwellens don't drop hides, nobody I know of has gotten one, and they are just avoided now. Hounds seem to drop 1 in 3 or so hours of hunting, just hope you don't hunt in a group.
    And daknor has indeed changed loot style now, but intentional or not would be nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    I believe that it has always been that kwellens and hounds can drop hides, its just rare. I have seen Fafnir drop two hides at most but I think its possible for him to drop more. Only one loot window and I think Draknor works the same way as Fafnir now. But this is based on my experience and if a Dev can verify please do.

Jayne
    Orginaly Kwellens did not drop Hides and Dakron would drop hides for each person not just 1 as it is now. If it is true that you have seen normal Kwellens droping hides now would be good to know for the few people still looking for the last hides.

Daknor and his Kwellen work in a manner similar to Fafnir now. This is not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Hounds seem to drop 1 in 3 or so hours of hunting, just hope you don't hunt in a group.
    whoa.. you are VERY lucky then... I received a hide from one of the Hounds on Day One of the event, and have yet to see one drop from them since then... after killing dozens upon dozens upon dozens...
    Last edited by Helcat; April 12th, 2006 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added quote from AAO's post
    Got Cowbell?

Its a rare drop. No different then getting a set item from a undead mob. I have been involved with killing 80+ hounds and gotten zero, and on other occasions gotten 2 hides in 14 kills. Its Random. Yes the Kwellen do drop them, but the fact is the kwellen are more difficult to kill solo then the hounds. I seldom see anyone killing kwellen to get hides due to the risk for most people.

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    whoa.. you are VERY lucky then... I received a hide from one of the Hounds on Day One of the event, and have yet to see one drop from them since then... after killing dozens upon dozens upon dozens...

I got 2 from Blight Hounds, the garden variety type hounds. Have yet to win a /random off Fafnir Kwellans I usually dont hunt alone anymore and my bestest huntin buddy Carinde is MIA Daknor aint worth thye effort IMO
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

whats the use of this hides?

Turn in for a Shield and currently a Chest scale, both with the same stats but the scale will change soon. Basicly +300 Armour +300 Blight ward(i think it's ward) +20 Block 89% evation and I have heard 2 random buffs can proc off incoming attacks.

I don't think I'm lucky so much as good :P
    I have 15 hides now... 3 or 4 of some pieces, and 2 of every piece but that ******** rotted shred. When I hunt hounds, I take the whole spawn, and end up waiting through most of it for more to come
    And yes, nobody really hunts them.
    I got 2 more last night, which made 2 3rd pieces... for something I can't use, but we'll need to complete this to continue the quest series.. reward/effort seem really messed up here.

oh then the quest reward is not related in killing fafnir? i could hunt all other deadhounds with a small chance to get the needed parts too?

nice

Thread Information