Thread: Staying Power in Combat

Hybrid View

LOL, Evasive is the name of the game Kwinn, oh and damage too

Yes I have mentioned being copied several times.

Jayne

My build:

Mage 100 lvls 2 words flame and power
    Wizard, Conjurer and Sorcerer 100 lvls each Maximum Energy, Ice and Mind before adding TP
    Monk 100 lvls Max Dex, 1k base evasion
    Healer 100 lvls Best possible t5 teched heals, buffs and also for shield use and the nice Focus numbers
    Warrior 100 lvls Hit points primarily, also good for general melee weapons skills
    Battlemage 100 lvls My main school
    Shaman 96 lvls Blight Ward V, Expulse, Ruin, Decay, Steal Dex to name but a few
    Spiritist 88 Nicely teched t4 imporoved spirit bolt, some life taps, Spirit Resistance V
    Druid 85 lvls, Forest Mist, Nature Ward and Resist V
    Berserker 44 lvls Battle Hardened I
    Spearman 44 lvls Block Bonus +20
    CLeric 30 lvls dunno why, it's there, too lazy to dump it

Of course, there are many abilities that I didn't mention among them are Stunner, Dynamic Pulse and Spellbind. I also keep Binding Crystals 4 and 5 hotkeyed, Numbing Haze 5, Daunting Mist 5, Debase 5. Furthermore, I have Ice Snare 5 tech on Stinging Cold, Freeze and Improved Ice Bolt. All of my spells except the bolts are range teched. I can touch em from 45 to 55 meters.

Solo hunting or in a group, my style never varies. Pull, stun, root, mezz, or slow then back off and kill. If I get adds, no problem I have stuns, mezzes, roots and slows aplenty, everybody can have some. I like stuns and mezzes as first option. Mezz one, keep other stunned with energy bolt. If it gets really weird, I'll root 2 with binding crystals, draw the rest away, slow em with Daunting Mist and hit em bombs ffrom max range.

Damage vs evasion...my most powerful attack is Multicast Fiery Strike V for about 2100 damage on average every five minutes. After that, my evasion, block, dodge and parry; wards and resistances and armor stop the bulk of any incoming attacks and/or damage.

I guess you could say I get in a 'zone' when I get to huntin. Auto-pilot stuns, mezzes, roots, Dot's on this guy, energy bolt on that guy, some more DoTs on something else. Finish off one, move to the next. Doesn't matter what type mob, mixed damage types are no real problem, and it generally doesn't matter how many...within reason of course.

Can anyone do what I do? Maybe...I've been playing over 2 years and I do have some small measure of skill as a player.

The bottom line is this...I am not a purist. I beleive in survival. My build is geared toward survival. When the crap hits the air circulating device, 9 times out of 10 Kwinn is still standing when the crisis is over.

Grouping, yes I group sometimes, yes I get heals from group members sometimes, yes I get a few buffs. Often I get no heals, don't need em or have my own needs covered and I get by on my raises instead of asking for Enhances.

Am I arrogant? Yep, Card Carrying Arrogant SOB. The world aint beatin a path to my door to clang my bell so I havent the slightest problem with clanging it myself. And that's one o dem Nature of the Beast type things. Know what I mean?
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    CLeric 30 lvls dunno why, it's there, too lazy to dump it
    dispirt foe? unless healer gets it as well, its not a waste.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    dispirt foe? unless healer gets it as well, its not a waste.
    Nope, healer does not get that ability. That is an cleric only ability.
    GhostRdr - Formerly GM of the guild previously known as The Dark Council

Accomplishments
    Adv. - 100 Reaver, Healer, Shaman, Conjurer, Spiritist, Guardian, Sorcerer, Wizard, Mage

Craft - 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Weaponsmith, Fitter, Spellcrafter

Moved on from the realm of Istaria since August 2006

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRdr
    Nope, healer does not get that ability. That is an cleric only ability.

Yup, Disspirit foe. Great ability very handy against high speed healers and archer types...Diviners and Striders. Non- lethal but, it sure sets the target up for all kinds of lethal goodies.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Thread Information