Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the random system needs to be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaunoss
    A one button for divvying up the loot random like would only be a good way to not have everyone have to /random for an item. Simple convenience nothing more.
    I think that would be good. I'd go one step further and ask for a checkbox the group creator can set which enables random distribution of all loot among all members. As soon as one person makes any attempt to loot, all loot is randomly apportioned. This loot condition would show up when you enter the group and staying in the group would constitute consent to random division. If you don't agree, don't join a /random group. To keep it from being macroed, it would have to be triggered by either a double-click or hitting "Take All", but not the /loot text command.

However, I'd still much rather see the time go into performance improvements and better gameplay.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

think that would be good. I'd go one step further and ask for a checkbox the group creator can set which enables random distribution of all loot among all members. As soon as one person makes any attempt to loot, all loot is randomly apportioned. This loot condition would show up when you enter the group and staying in the group would constitute consent to random division. If you don't agree, don't join a /random group. To keep it from being macroed, it would have to be triggered by either a double-click or hitting "Take All", but not the /loot text command.
    This would solve all the problems I see in the current loot system. But to make it work, TG would also need to find a way of stopping someone from leaving the group after the boss is dead, and then looting everything for himself.

However, I'd still much rather see the time go into performance improvements and better gameplay.
    Still off-topic. :P But I agree - atm this isn't a terribly urgent thing.

This looks like the EXACT same need before greed issue that EQ1 always had. Some people thought that characters ACTUALLY PRESENT should be the first to benefit from any boss mob drops. Those characters. Not their friends. Not their alts. Not their customers. Those characters.

If you couldn't use it or already had it you should not roll for it. Those believed in need before greed (or NBG for short). Others felt they should feel free to acquire items for their low levels alts or friends who otherwise couldn't get it or just to sell. I guess they would be greed before need. Anyway, they sure didn't believe in NBG.

In my EQ server NBG usually won out, but I would often hear of other servers where it didn't. If you were, say, a monk, and the pipe dropped (very rare drop needed for your epic) that was just too bad. You had to take you chances with some mage who was planning to sell it to the highest bidder. It was common for someone to obtain something he couldn't use and turn around and offer it to sell it for a truly obscene amount of money to the guy who lost the roll but could use it.

The best solution would probably be to agree on the looting arrangements beforehand and refuse to help any group of greedy lamers who refused go along with NBG.

Default Re: the random system needs to be replaced

The issue of folks cheating at use of /random has come up again. If you know the phrase to type after /em, you can always appear to random a high roll.

Can devs please change the random text so that it does not put out the character name first, thus eliminating the emote cheat?

In the meantime, I recommend groups using the /random find an honest, neutral party to random after everyone else has rolled, and let the closest match to that roll win instead of always going for the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_wyrm View Post
    if it is the only draggy item the drops i think only dragons should have the right to loot it.
    even dragon may not be in need in exactly THIS drop, becourse he has alredy alots of. and? that dragon mostly lucky, and he wins, and will no use it, but will trade, as biped can do it.
    so I didn't see reason separete it.
    especialy with part-item. not every biped need every biped-item-piece, but he will roll, if hope trade it on something usefull for his class.
    and we come almost to system we have, but working worse.

ah, and another interesting question, what should do group of dragons, looted biped item? "imposiple" you say? "absolutely real" I reply

It doesn't matter what drops anymore because you can now cheat and win, any drop everytime, if you are the last one to roll for it. The random roll has to have a complete redo so as to make certain that it is fair.

Will not go into details but I am sure most know what I am talking about, especially the cheaters.

I sent an email to Amon about the cheat. Hope the Devs take this seriously and actually do something so all is fair again in the rolling for epic drops.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    The issue of folks cheating at use of /random has come up again. If you know the phrase to type after /em, you can always appear to random a high roll.

Can devs please change the random text so that it does not put out the character name first, thus eliminating the emote cheat?

In the meantime, I recommend groups using the /random find an honest, neutral party to random after everyone else has rolled, and let the closest match to that roll win instead of always going for the highest.
    great as always! realy need do it

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Nice suggestion, but this isn't a guarantee that you can find the neutral party in a such small community.

The issue need to be treated at DEV level.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

in small perhaps even easer, than in big.
    anyway, me, and every honest "randomer" I think agree do it, until devs do something, to prevent "em"-cheet

If you hunt in a group can't it be made so that the loot goes randomly to a groupmember? As a group option?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

OOOOOOOOOOOh yeah. This is still going on and jsut happened today..

I reluctantly, (and might I say finally, its been a month or so), went on a raid to kill SoG with some non-guildies today...

We killed sog no probem. At the end we rolled to see who got the claw that dropped and what do ya know...

I wont say the toons name, however, 'this toon' instantly rolled a 100. I called 'this toon' out on the perfect roll and what does this toon do? Dropped out of the group, and recalled immediately!! hahahahaha!

Another Funny thing is the guildmate defended this toons 'perfect roll' saying it was "a real roll"
    (back of my head I'm thinking.. then why didn't he just re-roll.. instead of dropping the group and recalling?!)

Well lucky for me I already have the claw, so I'm this doesnt' effect me.. But for the others that rolled for real and wanted that claw got stuffed because of this bs.

This isnt' the most important thing in the world, however, it really cements the reason why groups don't go out epic hunting.. Cause this occurs...
    Last edited by Finkledbody; May 19th, 2012 at 01:40 AM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Huh. I thought that got fixed a long time ago... guess not.

An internal ticket was created on the /random spoofing issue today, so we're looking into possible fixes -- preferably ones that aren't (trivially) circumvented.

Also, let's avoid a witch hunt. If you feel uncomfortable with your group members, then don't group with them; or take it easy (and keep it to yourself) if you later suspect them of cheating -- there's always another day. In either case, calling someone out, whether you're right or wrong, is going to create unnecessary drama and upset everyone involved.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    If you hunt in a group can't it be made so that the loot goes randomly to a groupmember? As a group option?
    it is bad. what if one eventualy crash and returenes after mob death? didn't he work anougth with others, and didn't deserve his reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    it is bad. what if one eventualy crash and returenes after mob death? didn't he work anougth with others, and didn't deserve his reward?
    How do you determine how much is enough? 25% 50% 75%? Where so you draw that line? And who really has time to record everyone's time in the heat of battle in the event of a CTD?

Being the CTD king and daily almost hourly CTDs while playing I would never ask to be included in any reward draw if I was not there for the COMPLETE battle.

As Steelclaw said ..." there's always another day"

I can't edit after a few moments, but the above does not include getting back into the battle before it is killed. In that case you are entitled to share in the booty.

Instead of trying to implement a whole new system; Why can't the random roll just come up as a different color? Red, green, yellow, purple, etc... These colors are not used currently in chat and would correct the emote trick. (Keep the emote's their current color.)

Or when the person /randoms... There name comes up in green, with the following words and coming up blue?
    Example.
    [Finkledbody ] Random Number For the Finkledbody (1-100): 75

Would this be doable? It would seem to me this would be a quick and easy adjustment.. but what do I know?! hehe
    Last edited by Finkledbody; May 19th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
    I can't edit after a few moments, but the above does not include getting back into the battle before it is killed. In that case you are entitled to share in the booty.
    ofcorse hard to derminate "how mutch enougth" and only discussion betuin groupmember determinate it, but "auto loot" do not allow do it, even if groupmembers agry, that "crashed" do enougth.
    as last time Tim returnes only after finishing, but without him, all may be different, so..

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    Instead of trying to implement a whole new system; Why can't the random roll just come up as a different color? Red, green, yellow, purple, etc... These colors are not used currently in chat and would correct the emote trick. (Keep the emote's their current color.)

Or when the person /randoms... There name comes up in green, with the following words and coming up blue?
    Example.
    [Finkledbody ] Random Number For the Finkledbody (1-100): 75

Would this be doable? It would seem to me this would be a quick and easy adjustment.. but what do I know?! hehe
    color is great. jast suggestion "what to do, while there's no color"

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    ofcorse hard to derminate "how mutch enougth" and only discussion betuin groupmember determinate it, but "auto loot" do not allow do it, even if groupmembers agry, that "crashed" do enougth.
    as last time Tim returnes only after finishing, but without him, all may be different, so..
    Anyone who crashes and does not get back in in time to complete the kill then tough luck.

What is to say that the person crashes, takes a bio break, pours a cup of coffee...goes out for a smoke, and casually gets back in game to enjoy the rewards of the kill?

Thread Information