Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Confectioner School

Default Re: Confectioner School

- Death Points -
    Probably the most prevalent change will be the change to the Death Point system. Death Points will now increase per tier, based on Adventure Rating. At Tier 1, each Death Point will last 8 hours, the same as it does now, and will increase by 4 hours for each Tier up to 28 hours per Death Point at Tier 6. Additionally, the Death Penalty that is received upon accumulation of Death Points will begin at the same intensity as it does now and scale the same way, but will be capped at 75 percent rather than 25 percent. So, what can the player do to remove the Death Points? Players will be able to eat various foods to reduce the timer required to remove a Death Point.
    so what you are saying is that if i decide to go solo hunting for serious levelling i can die a few times and then not be able to play for a week because all teh sudden i'm slammed down to tier 1? thanks, but no, i would almost certainly stop playing entirely if this went into effect. at least under the current system i can craft while death points/penalties wear off, if this goes into effect it would reduce the game to a glorified chat program for me. i can't afford ambrosia as it is, and with such huge dispell time, food would be useless, so a few bad hours of hunting would kill the game for three days for me.

bad -bad- -bad- idea

Death Point is not the same as Death Penalty. One lasts for 28 hours, the other reduces your stats.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Well, as seems to be an ongoing trend, make crafting easier, increase the penalties for adventuring.

It will be interesting to see how this works out. Should be fun

I think the main reason for the Confectioner revamp is because there are so many missing formulas that were never created for the class, and not so much for adventuring benifits of the food.

The beginner food formulas has a complet set of everything that can be made. There are 8 different styles of dishes you can make. But once you get into the jman and expert formulas, you can only make about half the items that where avalible in the beginner set. There is no formula to make a dish with say, the T3-T5 cooking jars, or the T3-T5 cooking spits.

I think the main reason for that was because there are only so many dishes you could make with the food resorses that had been available, hence why there's such an influx of new food items. So now, the gaps can be filled.

But as for planning your meal, try to get at least 5 to 10 each of the different dishes, including each flavor of the same dish. Remember, you can only use one dish every 10 minutes, but if you have more then one flavor (beef, chicken, fish, veg...) you can use each flavor one right after the other. Some dishes reduce DP time better then others, so take that into consideration.

But as for planning your meal, try to get at least 5 to 10 each of the different dishes, including each flavor of the same dish. Remember, you can only use one dish every 10 minutes, but if you have more then one flavor (beef, chicken, fish, veg...) you can use each flavor one right after the other. Some dishes reduce DP time better then others, so take that into consideration.
    You will find that the meals aren't as uniform as they were before. And it will not work like this. It will require a bit more work and planning. Plus, you must sit to eat. And eating in a tavern gives you a 200% bonus to the DP time reduction. Oh and you cannot spam eat appetizers, you must eat an appetizer, side, main and dessert to gain full effect.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Sounds like we'll all be a bunch of fat istarians

At least let us stand, that burns a few extra calories than sitting on our rears eating full meals every 10 minutes

Few questions:

1. The DP changes look like they will be added to blight tonight or tomorrow, but it does not appear as though journeyman/expert formulas for confectioner will be added at this time (or I missed it on the blight notes). How will players above T2 remove death points? Will eating Tier 1/2 foods remove death points at the rate you mentioned above?

2. Removal of old confectioner forms. What about the confectioner foods required for the shining blades quest? Will these be changed to current formulas in the revised school? This question would apply to any quests that require food.

3. Preparation skill. Will confectioners gain this skill? It was mentioned that gatherers will gain the skill @ 10 points per level, what about confectioners that have little to no gathering levels?

More formulas will be added before the entire revamp goes to live.

The old formulas are not being removed. Certain ones will be updated.

Yes, Confectioners will be getting the preparing skill, though they will get no XP for anything using the skill.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you Amon

Hate to be a Nay sayer but i am disappointed on how this was implemented

Congrats to Vi they have successfully made the war in harro go completely off the raider to throws that don't have ambrosia not that it matters caus you nerfed the hell out of it in the first place .

Faf is way over powered to begin with it is imposibal for dragons to fight him with out dieing 2 or 3 times

From personal expirince
    a bad faf fight caused me 25 death points
    a good faf fight caused me 3

Death points to the lv 100 are to harsh
    yes Confectioner needed to be tweaked alot it was a worthless school
    IMO you guys went from 1 end of the scale to the other

key word is to find the "HAPPY MEADIOM" because the tankers and the brawlers(Raises claw ) will not like or enjoy having a 48 hour point. 24 for t5 ok i can live with that.

also vi think of throws warriors that mass farm components for scales and armor ect you have almost destabilized the economy of the comp hunter

also
    Arop rift run ! will be effected by the combat readiness of other ancients that are willing to endure the increased severity of the points

My activity in istaria
    Hunt hunt some more mass kill get killed take on something that i have no business taking on learning from the fight retool fight some more log

activity after that
    fight if dead log for 2 days that means a total of 4-10 hours a month for 9.95 a month i think you need to rethink the nerf on the point timer
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Hate to be a Nay sayer but i am disappointed on how this was implemented

Congrats to Vi they have successfully made the war in harro go completely off the raider to throws that don't have ambrosia not that it matters caus you nerfed the hell out of it in the first place .

Faf is way over powered to begin with it is imposibal for dragons to fight him with out dieing 2 or 3 times

From personal expirince
    a bad faf fight caused me 25 death points
    a good faf fight caused me 3

Death points to the lv 100 are to harsh
    yes Confectioner needed to be tweaked alot it was a worthless school
    IMO you guys went from 1 end of the scale to the other

key word is to find the "HAPPY MEADIOM" because the tankers and the brawlers(Raises claw ) will not like or enjoy having a 48 hour point. 24 for t5 ok i can live with that.

also vi think of throws warriors that mass farm components for scales and armor ect you have almost destabilized the economy of the comp hunter

also
    Arop rift run ! will be effected by the combat readiness of other ancients that are willing to endure the increased severity of the points

My activity in istaria
    Hunt hunt some more mass kill get killed take on something that i have no business taking on learning from the fight retool fight some more log

activity after that
    fight if dead log for 2 days that means a total of 4-10 hours a month for 9.95 a month i think you need to rethink the nerf on the point timer
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

the sayin "you cant please everybody" comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    There is no 48 hour death point. The highest it goes to is 28 hours. If I'm not mistaken a level 100 dragon will accrue the 24 hour T5 death points. In general, two full meals consumed 10 minutes apart in a tavern will remove one death point, which will get you back to the front far faster then waiting on passive removal.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

This was obviously done so confectioners will feel needed. Well, they'll be needed all right. Whether this turns into a massive game killing FUBAR will depend on how easy it is to get the various foods, how much they cost and how much extra inventory space people will need to store the variety of foods they'll need just to stay functional. Since, as far as I know, these foods will not be available from NPCs it all depends on the player economy. You know, the economy everyone has agreed doesn't exist. That economy.

HOPEFULLY confectioners will happily make not only enough to satisfy the needs of themselves and their friends, but also put large quantities up for sale SOMEWHERE the rest of us can find. Personally, I don't see why they would bother. So they get some more money. What are they going to do with it? Why bother taking the time to mass produce the stuff?

I don't think anyone really knows if this is all going to come together -- not even Vi. I happen to think it's a pretty big gamble. The most they can gain from this is to make one minor school useful. The most they can loose is to kill the game.

P.S. Why oh why do they have to be called confectioners? I thought a confectioner was one who specialized in cakes, icing and such. Looks to me like they should be called cooks or chefs.
    Last edited by Goriax; February 15th, 2008 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax View Post
    HOPEFULLY confectioners will happily make not only enough to satisfy the needs of themselves and their friends, but also put large quantities up for sale SOMEWHERE the rest of us can find.
    Errr... you mean like in Taverns? Like the one in downtown Bristugo right beside the portal that is always stacked top to bottom with food?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

If you're looking for a tavern crawl through Order shard, may I suggest Heather's at South Gate, Tavern del Ed in Old Oaks, Dratharmalis' at Heather, or any of the fine eateries that have since prospered from the addition of the tavern effect? I know of far too many to easily list.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I've decided to open up my (Shunasazzie's) medium tavern to the world instead of just to my guild. If anyone wants to use it, it's on the castle plot in Izzon Crest on the Order shard.

I do actually, in fact, tend to make mass quantities of foods. More then my guild will ever eat. Mostly, it just gets returned to my vault and after a few months I begrudgingly sell it off to a pawn broker. So I might as well offer it to anyone who wants it.

But I'm quite sure that all the confectioners out there well be making mass quantities as well, (gotta play with our new toys) at least for the first few months anyways. So there shouldn't be a need to worry about the lack of food being around. As for me, I tend to craft far more then I hunt anyways so it's a pretty good bet that I'll always be making food. The confectioner class is what prompted me to make a biped alt in the first place

Now that I've had a chance to look at some of the new formulas for confectioner class, I'm wondering if we are doing away with all the clay cooking containers?

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    If you're looking for a tavern crawl through Order shard, may I suggest Heather's at South Gate, Tavern del Ed in Old Oaks, Dratharmalis' at Heather, or any of the fine eateries that have since prospered from the addition of the tavern effect? I know of far too many to easily list.
    Sure, everything will be well stocked initially when it's all new.

I'm wondering how well they'll be stocked in a year.

They are well stocked now, and it has been how long since the current foods were new?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information