Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark World Online

Default Dark World Online

Please use this thread to discuss Dark World Online. We are building Tulga Games to support Horizons and our newest MMO in a new genre and with a different emphasis.

David Bowman
    CEO
    Tulga Games, LLC

Well once this gets to beta will you be going as other componies and offering beta priority to those of us from here that might be intrested in the game and following it?

We will be offering a percentage of the Beta slots to existing Tulga Games customers. No doubts.
    David Bowman

Any website or information available for this game?
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Thank you that the easy question is out of the way.

How will this impact Horizons? Has new funding been gained for this game so that no impact will be had on Horizons? Can we still exspect at least close to the level of development and support to continue with Horizons.

I think I know what they answer to this will be but will ask it any way. Why was not more investments sought for Horizons to help get the new client out? Or is the plan to develop a new client under Dark World and port Horizons over to it?

Might we get a hint on what is planed for this game? is this to be the PVP Horizons that has been hinted about when ever PVP was spoke of? Will it be in the Horizons world or another shard of the Horizons universe that also contacts the Realm of Blight? I assume it is going to use some of the things you learned from horizons, so will it have Multiclassing and such?

And as I can get no answer any where else and I might still have your attention Any chance of getting the hole in the Chionis Community/Mine Lair fixed? Dralk was fixed of 2 holes in a week. The Chiconis lair has been "fixed" on blight for a month+ now. (but if the hold up is because the elders plan to add more then just a storage chamber or a end cap so it is like Dralk a hint would shut me up on this) Hey a guy has got to try and what out for his baby doesn't he? (I did 90% of the work or so and want to see it done.)

This game sounds little more than a likeness to Guild Wars or some other "horror" thing. It's not very original in my opinion. I say stick with Horizons. What other MMORPG allows you to be a dragon? None to my knowledge. Unless you count that upcaming game with permadeath.

Oh, and since good ol' David failed to mention the link ( although it should be quite oblivious ) --http://www.dark-world-online.com/
    Last edited by Ophelea; June 9th, 2006 at 11:28 PM. Reason: URL changed for the website

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Bout bloody time somebody made a World Of Darkness MMO

Can't wait till the Beta Comes out, where do we sign up?

Deth: If you read the FAQ you will see that DWO will take place in a modern society, so no integration with HZ is possible that way.

Like cypher says, think WOD. Just don't tell anyone.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Yes I saw that after I posted mine. Not intrested in the least right in that world. I have another game compony I am following for such a game almost the exact same game from the sounds of it. Should be intresting to see who hits first with it.

I'm not interested but I know there's a chunk of gamers out there waiting for werewolves and vampires to be in an MMO - just make sure you do it right...because they have a certain "idea" as to how it should go...

The only thing I think, and have a concern about, is that TG is a small company and things are taking quite a huge chunk of time to get fixed, changed, and updated in Horizons. What happens when the same team is trying to do that AND build a new mmo and keep it up??

Or are you hiring more staff and we just don't know about it..

Otherwise I just don't see how those of us who are subscribers to Horizons will be better for the added workload on the dev team...its a lose situation for us.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

That is my main concern too.. things take forever to get fixed and added already, losing any people to help this new project would be disturbing, and that expansion won't be done any time soon if thats the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    The only thing I think, and have a concern about, is that TG is a small company and things are taking quite a huge chunk of time to get fixed, changed, and updated in Horizons. What happens when the same team is trying to do that AND build a new mmo and keep it up??

Or are you hiring more staff and we just don't know about it..
    This is my question, too. I'm assuming they've gotten a recent influx of investors?
    Last edited by Khosadan; May 8th, 2006 at 09:30 PM.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Taramir

Is it possible theyve been working on it for a year already and because of that Horizons has been kind of slow in receiving updates and fixes? Maybe things wont slow down at all.

But Kumu, we are the mushrooms... we live in the dark, we are fed ^&*(, and expected to flourish nonetheless until a giant pig comes along and roots us up, and we and it are served up liked a holiday hog.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Honestly... some of you sound like a bunch of old ladies
    sometimes... LMAO.

David... wishing you guys all the best on DWO. Count me in
    when beta rolls around. Sounds cool.
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    This to me somewhat explains the agonizingly slow updates to bugs and missing content and changes needed.

I think with this announcement, David needs to assuage many fears. Both founded and unfounded.
    If they can't even give 100% to Horizons development, why split already deficient resources towards another game? I'm hoping staff increases will be announced, or something... but I agree with your feelings about this.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

You can add my voice to the list of concerned. Things are looking up for Horizons but if it is neglected (Unity quality tech support and updates, no offense to Unity players) that could change very fast. Are you guys gonna hire more people to deal with the additional workload?

As for the concept itself I'm not really all that interested either. I have enough things to do in HZ plus I'm always jazzed when I think about the fact that I can play a dragon. I have no reason to leave HZ right now.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

maybe a nice game

but i dont care about this game at all

a new subscriber will look at the games the same company has done before (and i dont think he will be happy if he sees the experience done with hz)

i hope that Tulga works with all efforts to get HZ a good game with a stable player base

but i dont think that a backyard company is able to manage 2 games (1 not even in beta)

count me in for the beta, also.

and, thanks for the info.

from bloodmage to vampire.....sounds like a potential match.

muhahahahahaha!
    Jhell Bregan
    Bloodmage Extraordinaire
    Faith of the Fallen

Thread Information