Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark World Online

rosacious belle

Quote Originally Posted by Jhell
    count me in for the beta, also.

and, thanks for the info.

from bloodmage to vampire.....sounds like a potential match.

muhahahahahaha!

yup, me too Jhell, right there with ya!

what infos do we get about this game? any screenshot?

anything else then this faq which feels like the old hz system?

the newsletter button is broken! please fix it

There should be a few Q&As and interviews coming along on other sites from E3, I think. They'll probably be announced here, but keep an eye out.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

David

Having grew up playing D&D and AD&D I rather enjoyed the breaks we took to play the White Wolf game Vampire the Masquerade and then the exspansions that came out the Werewolf the apocalypse there were others we added in as well Mage,Mummy and so on. I take this Darkworld as the same thing inconcept. I will enjoy Horizons and try this Darkworld like I did the White wolf series. Although Horizons will be my true calling I look forward to trying the new one as well. I do know alot of folks who still play the Pen and paper version of the White wolf series ill give them a shout and let them know the heads up.

Good Luck on the new campaign
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    Worked fine for me.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

I was thinking of this concern aswell, where Horizons would be pretty much abandoned inplace for this silly Dark World Online. I figured that they had lots of staff though, otherwise, it would be downright stupid to try to handle two games at once.

But now others are showing the same concern, and I'll add in mine. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to have another game in developlement when Horizons itself isn't really even finished. Not to mention things do indeed take ages to be fixed.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Carsia Wolfsong

I'd have to agree in my consern for this game of HZ considering that fact that there isn't an end game yet.. This game of HZ is still uncomplete and having to make another MMORPG game in the same process of working on the bugs of HZ I'd have to agree into the people's support in HZ rather then Dark World. It sounds like a really good idea and I like the idea of becoming a vampire and all, but having to creat this game out of its origonal state of HZ could have added werewolves or vampires as playable charecters in its first charts in making this game, But in process of makeing Dark World and having a new game up to date line production.. I beleave that HZ still needs alot of work on in that process. But... Thats me.

I think they're taking a huge gamble. If Darkworld does good, company lives. If Darkworld doesnt do so good....
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Hummm I think it a cool idea. And something I personally would love to play.

It's none of my business what TG does or how they use there resources. I am not there financial analyst, nor am I there Lead of business opportunitites.

I think it's great to have other avenues. So what if it opens up an new player base besides us. Maybe that will keep HZ small and personal and also allow TG to get the income from a decent player base, to expand development, add necessary workers, or maybe the extra tools? I know many have told me they don't want HZ to grow into another huge player base like other games on the market

Sorry I am surrounded by negativity at work so I try my best to always look at things in a positive way. And no thats not a shot at anyone or anything said here, its just how I try to look at everything in life no matter how down or opposed to my needs that they maybe.

Its kinda like how you word things. Yesterday a child got hit by a car at school. When my son told me about what had happened, I asked "Is she ok, can we help in anyway?". I could of said "Is she dead?, oh well to bad"

I think you get where I'm coming from.....

But hey let's get back to this game. Can someone explain this "End game" thing? Everytime I hear it, it I am thinking ok I kill such and such and the game is over and I throw the cartridge on the bottom of some shelf where the rest of the Nintendo games are. I personally don't look at HZ as a game that just ends. I play and look at it like my everyday life. Somewhere I go to do battle and hangout with friends and make due with what is there on that given day, and to be free and decide form myself what I feel like doing.

It's not something I just up and drop in the trash and move on. Well not for me it isnt.

Jayne

Oh and I just saw Viz comment and thats right! It is a gamble, but life is full of gambles. If they didn't gamble in the first place we wouldn't have HZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vizharan
    I think they're taking a huge gamble. If Darkworld does good, company lives. If Darkworld doesnt do so good....
    Consider the phrase, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket". Tulga is a company that exists to make money. DWO is aimed at a market demographic that most likely will not play HZ, thus expanding their customer base somewhat. A profit and loss statement cares not one whit which game generated a given subscription; all that matters is that enough subscriptions exist and are generating income.

Absent a very large wad of investment cash, DWO is going to need HZ to support it until it goes live and gets enough subs to be profitable. To do so, HZ must prosper. In order for HZ to prosper, Tulga must continue to add to and improve it. People will also look at HZ as an example of TG's handiwork; if they say 'Ewww!' instead of 'Woah', that's going to make it harder for DWO to generate buzz.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

My hope right now is that DWO inspires funding, funding which will allow the hiring of new employees who can work on the new client faster, the new server faster which will benefit hz much more.
    As long as we don't lose devs to DWO you can bet most will be happy (pretty sure Manga's secret project was this). I still wonder how they will manage to add as much content as the expansion promises with only a couple devs doing it now. And of course that content needs a lot of new tech.

I agree with AAO that it would be great to see some funding for client development. My real concern is that TG gets the royal crap sued out of them by White Wolf if it's even remotely like their World of Darkness.

I'm trying not to draw conclusions given that there isn't really any information yet but it smells a lot like WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaunoss
    I'm trying not to draw conclusions given that there isn't really any information yet but it smells a lot like WoD.
    White Wolf did not invent vampires, werewolves, or monster hunters. There's a huge pile of prior art - heck, you could point to 'Dracula vs. the Wolfman' as prior art.

White Wolf tried suing Sony over Underworld; that got settled out of court and White Wolf stopped talking about the movie. To me, that says that Sony wanted the matter to just go away and WW's lawyers advised their clients to take the money and be happy. If WW had won, you can be sure they would have been publicising it in order to scare off anyone else who might want to try to use their IP.

So, methinks a lawsuit - one that has merit, anyway - is not very likely.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    More Information Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Imayo
    Worked fine for me.
    ok the link only works with IE

so there is no other info out there, only this 1 side page?

WW only have copyright for some names, Toreador in combination with vampire

they stole/used the most names from the mythology, so maybe not all could be copyrighted ^^

I dont think a company will buy the rights to use their names for the clans and the disziplines (would be real expensive i think)

i fear this game will be the same like hz, they will attract a lot of vampire fans/goth/ and the same with werwolves, like they have done with all real live dragon ^^ and fans. but maybe they will meet their expectations with release and not 2 years after

if we are lucky then we will get the vampires too (like the first HZ version from 2001)

Please, don't lump goths and vampire nuts together. If you want to discuss it send me a PM, otherwise just take my word for it.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    So, methinks a lawsuit - one that has merit, anyway - is not very likely.
    And frivolous lawsuits have never been use as a scare/pressure tactic before, no sireee! *cough*SCO*cough*

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Just another comment that I was thinking

I realise DWO is in production and thats great wish the TG guys all the best. However Thinking on it Instead of launching a whole new world wouldnt it have been a fun idea to follow the COH/COV and create a whole new experiance for players by allowing them to play Withered Aegis. Just an Idea but with such a strong community that we have in Horizons might have actually made for some interesting game play.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

True Kumu

We wouldnt want that to many problems associated with PVP however Adding in a Shard for it might make sense
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Thread Information