Thread: Some questions from a returning player

mappam

Default Some questions from a returning player

I have been playing Horizons today and found lots of changes - I have done searches and not had any luck with a few things.

If someone could please direct me to links or guides I would be most appreciative!

Not in any order:

# Is there DYE or a way to COLOR crafted items? (I have created some Cloth items and would love to Dye them a different color).

# How do you FISH? I have searched for a fishing pole and can't find one - I also can't figure out how you Train for this skill?

# Is there a Food or Drink or Potion that you can use to HEAL yourself?

# I know that you need Cooking to become a Confectioner - but how do you get Cooking Skill?

# How do you "butcher" an animal for the meat? (I milked a cow and can get hide(s) but can't figure out how to get any meat)?

Thank you so much in advance for any and all info/links

Armor dyes or dye kits. Dye kits are drag & drop, dye trchs you need to use during creation. See an alchemist

Fishing pole & fishing skill

Vestia's Soothing Remedy

Take Gatherer to 10, then become a confectioner.

Harvest knife & foraging skill.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

mappam

Thanks Otter -

I am still not too clear on:

FISHING - there is an actual trainer for Fishing? and it isn't a skill Within another school?

Dye is manufactured by players and NOT drops? Can you find this on the PawnShop/Consigner?

Sorry I am finding all this so muddled I would love to find a Skill "Tree" (where someone has branched the different needs for the skills) = on that note = Cook is under Confectioner or Confectioner is Under Cook? Cook has its own trainer?

I remember a map (from beta) someone had done - showing the different NPCs in the towns, monster areas and forage/gather points (this was color coded if I remember) Is That Still Around Somewhere?

Thanks again! I really appreciate the information

Fishing skill is gained by confectioner and gatherer, however gatherer can't do much but just fish and get no exp.

Dye is made by players only

go to http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/ for a lot of information

Any map from beta is useless.

Cooking is a skill under confectioner. There are no trainers for individual skills, but classes. To train a skill you need to join a class that gets the skill and level that class. If you use the actual skill to level is irrelevant.

If you look in the customizations forum you can find a fairly up-to-date map created by players.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

mappam

Thank you Tramsan and AAO so much

I am finding SOME information on this game - but as you said AAO - most of it is Very OutDated! I can't believe there are no "area" maps.

Too bad that this game isn't more popular. It has alot of potential and the the crafting ability(s) are very unique.

I had a great time yesterday - relearning some things and just remembering others. BUT I am finding it SOOO frustrating = lack of useful information.

I am NOT sure if it is just me that finds it all so Confussing or it is the Lack of good maps/guides/builds/information etc??? The main site needs HELP It needs much more About How To Play this game! Races are listed - but nothing about the different crafting schools, adventure (professions), maps etc. AND NO link section so you might be able to find this on another site.

I Like the new "training" island - the hints about which direction to travel and little tid-bits (like - go west over the cliff as you will not die from falling) But I would love to see a PawnBroker somewhere so you can also learn this function. AND when you first enter this area you are directed to the middle NPC - and he basically asks you if you are ready to leave - huh?? Shouldn't you be directed to the Craft or Adventure NPC FIRST??

They are working on some more lore and content for the main page. Not sure what server you play on but look for New player in game or maybe market if you can get no answers in New player. On Order I and a lot of others hang out in New player and answer any and all questions we can.

mappam

Thanks Deth - I am on Chaos - when looking for a server I decided on this from the info offered. I am located in the USA - not really RP player and didn't have the option of the European Server (Unity I believe?)

I am "based" in New Trisome (sp?) and tried to ask questions ingame yesterday and NOBODY answered even one of my questions. I finally gave up trying to Chat.

Maybe I should create another character on Order - and see if this is a more helpful server?

I just created a thread in 'Suggestions' (before I read your reply) on Updating Information - I am glad to see "they" are working on this - it is BADLY NEEDED!

I am on the Free 7 Day Trial - and if I can't figure out the game in a week - I probably will Not continue - And I AM A GAMER (I have played most of the MMORPH games 'out there'). So for someone that is new to this type of gaming it will be overwelming!
    Last edited by mappam; May 17th, 2006 at 01:46 PM.

May have been an off day. I have never heard nothing but good things about Choas for the most part. I know Order seems a little slower earlyer in the week so maybe Chaos may be the same.

Most likely you weren't asking in the right channels. Trying to chat with people nearby you is generally pointless - either you get someone who knows just as little as you, or you're trying to talk to an old veteran who never check spatial chat at all. Try joining the New Player Assistance channel - should be plenty people there to answer questions.

Yep, I play late eastern Australian time when there's hardly any one on, and all questions get promptly answered in the New Player Assistance channel.

For a low key game, it has a very friendly and helpful community. Probably because it's a low key game...

mappam

Thanks - That WAS the problem - I was using the regular Chat - not the New Player - Whew - I finally saw lots of Chatting going on

Yardo

Maybee an idea, let all new players automaticly join the New Player chat? Then they see that there are chat chanels to begin with, see that there is actualy chating going on and are in the right place to ask questions. Would help a lot I think. Might not be possible though, client limitations probably.

Its an idea we've talked about doing (having new players join automatically to the NPA channel), but the problem then becomes that they don't know how to talk on that channel vs the say channel.

I thought joining this channel and how to talk on it was part of the Spirit Island tutorial, but that might be one of the things I missed in my "suggestions for improvement" email to Amon. I'll let him know that how to join NPA and speak on it should be a new "blue box" somewhere during tutorial island.

Remember, though, that NPA is a Chaos specific phenomena. On Order and Unity the official New Player channel is used instead.

(Bloody contrary Chaos blokes... )

Thread Information