Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limits

Default Limits

I know this may seems a bit harsh......but here we go.

I love the number of classes and combinations in game, I really think there should be limits though. Like.....5 adventure classes per toon. Until now toons could be anything. Why even have classes at that point? Crafting is a bit different in this reguard as many people could be a jack of all trades, but your adventure class should be more refined.

Group level limits. I think you should group with anyone you please, but if you're in a group and you're the lowest toon and the highest level toon is 11 level higher then you then you get NO experience. Conversely, first to damage the mob get's the experience for the mob. You'd better do more then 50% of the damage to kill it though or no experience for you or the other person.

That's my two copper....flame on, won't change my opinion any, but flame on.

L
    Nobility is not in your blood but in your actions.
    Woushi - Blight
    Dael Trykk - Blight

Sooo.... If the first to damage the mob got xp and you needed to get over 50% to get xp after I'm wondering how the heck pure healers are supposed to make it. Heh or some magic users paired with the uber damage givers. I'm not big on the way this experience scheme sounds.

I like you're idea about having 5 adventure classes since that is more then enough to have a great, well balanced charactor without being overpowered and it would make roles somewhat more important in groups. Well it might anyway....unless everyone decided to take the same classes (a mixture of cleric classes, spellcaster classes, and warrior classes) to still maximize their charactor as much as they could.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Cool Wonders just how many classes you have actually played for this suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaked
    Group level limits. I think you should group with anyone you please, but if you're in a group and you're the lowest toon and the highest level toon is 11 level higher then you then you get NO experience. Conversely, first to damage the mob get's the experience for the mob. You'd better do more then 50% of the damage to kill it though or no experience for you or the other person.

That's my two copper....flame on, won't change my opinion any, but flame on.

L
    Not here to flame, but do wonder just what sort of classes you have done to come up with such an idea, obviously you have never played a healer, whose sole purpose in a group is to keep your wonderful team mates alive. Healers as fighters are TERRIBLE, however we contribute significantly in the group as a whole, for you to say that we should not get experience because we have not done "50% of the damage" but we have done 100% of keeping you alive so you can get the experience is RIDICULOUS.

My two cents, dont care if I havent changed your opinion because I honestly feel you must not hunt in a group much or not have participated with a class that does debuffing, healing and isnt the tank!!

The 5 class restriction worries me also, what is one supposed to do once they have done the 5 classes? For a person who has played this game and been a subscriber for a long time the great thing is I can change classes to whatever is lacking in my group....so if we dont have a healer I go healer, need a debuffer I go shaman, the idea is fun not have to retire our toons because we are restricted.

After 5th school your benfits go near 0 anyway (just a massiv time sink to have something to do) and leveling goes slower and slower. A hard limit of 5 schools just would scare away main parts of population.

Ooooops, let me clarify my experience idea. When you're in a group, provided you meet the 11 level limit, you'd get experience not matter the damage you do. What I stated was for the solo player who may try to use an alternate higher level toon or friend to "power level" them by killing off the mob once he/she has agro.

obviously you have never played a healer
    Actually Darkelf, if you look at my signature I play a pally. And I have played a healer in a few other games. I just failed to make myself clear. sorry

And you're probly right Eni, about scaring away some folks, this was just and idea to feel the community out.
    Woushi - Blight
    Dael Trykk - Blight

[QUOTE=

Actually Darkelf, if you look at my signature I play a pally. And I have played a healer in a few other games. I just failed to make myself clear. sorry

[/QUOTE]

What you have played in other games is irrelevant. Your Paladin on Blight has only recently joined and Paladins like clerics are more combat based than straight healers and debuffers (spiritist).

Your comments about players who use their other high level toons is maybe in your opinion but each person is entitled to play the game how they want if they have leveled their first toon.

As a crafter I am sure you have accepted the help of others by having received raw materials to make completed items who are more than 11 levels above you, what then is the difference between crafting and adventuring, it is still help received.

The reason I ask all this is because are you saying that because I am only in my level 70's (overall rating higher) that I should not be allowed to hunt with someone who is level 100??

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaked
    Ooooops, let me clarify my experience idea. When you're in a group, provided you meet the 11 level limit, you'd get experience not matter the damage you do. What I stated was for the solo player who may try to use an alternate higher level toon or friend to "power level" them by killing off the mob once he/she has agro.

And you're probly right Eni, about scaring away some folks, this was just and idea to feel the community out.
    Your reply simply confuses the matter. In one you say you must do 50% of the damage, in the next instant you say you get experience no matter what the damage?

The 11 level limit is not clear also .... multi classed toons can have a high rating but a lower class rating, they are still able to hunt high mobs in groups with a difference of 40 levels and be effective, many in my guild are in that situation, 11 level restriction would totally kill the community group hunts that many find so enjoyable and possibly cause more exodus from the already suffering community.

What is the real agenda behind the whole thing no one forces anyone to multiclass, peopel like to experement i have lots of different schjools and i simply refuse to forget them at the moment with the way xp is based and the rating structure there is an inherent limit due to xp you reciveved, they have already Nerfed multiclassing alread when they instiduted the xp/ar change now you want to limit what a player can do Hopefully that is not gonna happen, with you logic there will be nothing challanging nothing new to try once you hit 100 as they have a cap in no new abilities nothing else to try in otherwords a sure fire way of indusing total bordom by limiting others options. what attracts many people to the game is that they can make choices limiting the scop limits play ;limiting play incresases bordom bordem is a game killer
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Well Darkelf, my first statement:

You'd better do more then 50% of the damage to kill it though or no experience for you or the other person.
    Lacked some crucial clarity:

When you're in a group, provided you meet the 11 level limit, you'd get experience not matter the damage you do.
    So a more apropriate all encompassing statement based on my idea would be:

You'd better do more then 50% of the damage to kill it though or no experience for you or the other person. When you're in a group, provided you meet the 11 level limit, you'd get experience not matter the damage you do.
    But I get the idea. Not many are keen on this idea and Girlwithabow has a good point:

As a crafter I am sure you have accepted the help of others by having received raw materials to make completed items who are more than 11 levels above you, what then is the difference between crafting and adventuring, it is still help received.
    Indeed I did accept copper/tin ore in the beginning from a much higher level toon (108 rating). So I see your point.

So I guess at this point...why have classes at all??? Why not have a general trainer that you can learn the skills you want and base your adventure rating on the number of skills you have? As aposed to the number of classes like it is now.

Seems simpler to me. That way you could have a toon with the exact(or all if you so choose) skills you want.....which is the case now, just muddle with "class" groupings.

Just as an FYI/reminder, I'm curious about how the comunity feels. I'm not trying to argue.
    Woushi - Blight
    Dael Trykk - Blight

I don't get your point, you just want to change it because you want to change it, because you think 5 is enough?

I think everybody should have purple hair if they should have hair at all. Just curious :P

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

HAHAHA Good one Sigi.

Actually, my point is, if you can be every class in game, why have classes all? But since we do have classes in game, why not limit it so that you actually have classes of characters.
    Woushi - Blight
    Dael Trykk - Blight

i dont like the classes-mix too

but you cant change it if you dont change the complete game ^^

to much old players got bored and they multiclassed. Because there has been no limit, its not very uncommon to see lvl 170-200 rating players.

only new players cant understand why the old players master not only 3-4 schools

What's really needed is more class definition. Most notably more non-masterable, unique class defining abilities.

(Go go Gadget TANGENT!)
    Last edited by tramsan; May 19th, 2006 at 09:15 PM.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Anima

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    What's really needed is more class definition. Most notably more non-masterable, unique class defining abilities.

(Go go Gadget TANGENT!)
    <Waves!>

Sounds like a new thread to me! <flutters off to the suggestion boards>

ZombieKing

Sounds like this idea spawned from WoW ( World of Warcraft )
    Dont like it , I wont play it ,dont bring it here.
    We are Horizons not WoW !
    Last edited by ZombieKing; May 22nd, 2006 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    WoW had nothing to do with the idea of limits being imposed.

My signature was not spawned by WoW. It was spawned by Horizons.
    Kumu are you also Sunbaked? and therefore know why this thread was spawned??

ZombieKing

Multiclassing is here
    Live with it
    Dont like it
    Tough

As for your sig
    i dont know what your on about !

Not meaning to be rude merely curious

Thread Information