Thread: tech kits

Default tech kits

I would love to see tech kits - analog to armor and weapon/tool dyekits.

That way you can buy cargo gear or armor, weapons and tools and when you go along ad techs to it.
    As a crafter you could sell plain stuff also for higher tiers.
    Tech-kits could be made by Tinkerers perhaps and would make nice drops.

It should still be able to make teched stuff.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

The advantage of prestige crafting schools is you gain more skill, more skill is only needed to tech things, so this would destroy that.

Vasden

Perhaps craftsmen could re-work the techs on items, or simply add/upgrade them at a later time?

- Vasdenjas -

Well if you changed it so that creating a tech kit required similar skill to a highly teched piece of equipment for that tier.. it'd be ok. Then make the kits require the skill of tailoring, or armorcraft for example. That would mean you'd need kits for armor, jewelery, etc all separate though. Would be a major pain.

It would be like dyes work now, you can ad it at first creation - if you know what you want and you have the dye or you could ad the tech later, when you have the money or finally collected the materials or made up your mind about the tech. Off course creating a tech kit would be harder as the tech is higher.

It's about being able to tech something after creation not about how to avoid high skilled crafters.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Being able to tech an item before or after creation, provided that the skill requirements are the same or higher to apply the tech, seems like a solid idea to me. Perhaps applying the tech later would require more essence, or slightly higher skill, or a tech application kit.

I have to agree with others that allowing the unskilled the opportunity and ability to tech their own equipment with tech kits would be a disaster for craftsfolk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheopis
    I have to agree with others that allowing the unskilled the opportunity and ability to tech their own equipment with tech kits would be a disaster for craftsfolk.
    Then I suppose you'll be taking an issue with such techs offered on the NT newbie warrior and mage quests (one on each)?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

You are correct, I do not like them, though the only one I knew about was the lvl 5 warrior one.

The only thing which makes them acceptable, IMHO, is the fact that they are quest items, can only be gotten once, are no-trade, and are one use expendable. They are basically an introduction to techs for the new player.

Anima

<waves!>

I LOVE this idea, it fits in well with needing expendible items at high end.
    Also gives adventurers and crafters things to HOARD! Especially if high end item decay is put into play.

OOooo....techless ironsilk cargo gear on the consigner for a reasonable price. Ya! Time to start a new suit for when my current one cant take any more repair kits! <dance!>

<waves!>

Thread Information