Thread: New Trismus Quests

Default New Trismus Quests

Can you allow those who already leveled those classes to participate, or at least make the teched item tradable so we can start a newbie and get the tech?

I've been level 100 cleric for almost 2 years now I think. to introduce a new quest item that I cannot attain because of having leveled that class previously is kind of crappy.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

I concur.

"I Concur" is TM and copyright 2006, Helcat Worldwide Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
    Got Cowbell?

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    Can you allow those who already leveled those classes to participate, or at least make the teched item tradable so we can start a newbie and get the tech?

I've been level 100 cleric for almost 2 years now I think. to introduce a new quest item that I cannot attain because of having leveled that class previously is kind of crappy.
    Although I see your point of view, there will always be items introduced and removed from the game in such a manner that not everyone will have the opportunity to experience them.

The new quest item isn't useful for a high level player as it isn't scaled. It's only useful to a Tier 1 player. As such, to have you complete the quest (for no experience and to trade it only) would defeat the purpose of creating rewarding content for low level players. Anyone who can actually use the item, can complete the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    The new quest item isn't useful for a high level player as it isn't scaled. It's only useful to a Tier 1 player.
    Ah! butThat is where you are mistaken apply it to a Tier V weapon. It is very useful. adds about 21-40 damage per strike, depending on mob.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Ah! butThat is where you are mistaken apply it to a Tier V weapon. It is very useful. adds about 21-40 damage per strike, depending on mob.
    Yeah, I actually thought it was considerably overpowered for my noob warrior .

The stories I have heard attribute this tech with 100+ extra damage (per strike) against certain tier V mobs. As it is a separate damage add, I suppose your Power stat is also relevant to the final damage it does - but this is just a guess.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I'm not sure about cleric noob tech, but I tried the noob warrior Flaming Weapon after-creation tech with an alt - it's basically the same as the flame disciple class defining abil, Fists of Flame. As such, I'm pretty sure its damage is based on current weapon skill and strength. (Oh, and it won't go on handwraps or staves either - so most everyone can take advantage of the tech except disciples.) I now have a maple cudgel with the tech on to try as healer, and with only ~1k one hand crush current it does damage in the 30's with every hit; I am confident that with higher weapon skill, this could exceed 60 damage a hit on most tier V mobs, as my Fists of Flame do with ~1600 unarmed skill. Hits in excess of 90 damage are possible, if only on mobs with no or really low defense such as wisps or mobs with Banished armor.
    Some of the classes that can take advantage of this tech get better weapon skill, so could conceivably get 100+ a hit, at least on a low defense / Banished mob.
    Also, while the tech itself is not tradeable, items teched with it are tradeable.
    End result? I spent 2+ years making the best of a handicapped class (flame disc), only to have its primary ability given to the other classes (that have better armor, HP, specials, and shield use) as a noob quest reward? It's no wonder I haven't felt like logging in since I found this.
    - Gremblthrg
    lvl 100 flame disciple, fitter, monk
    one of the last of a dying class

I have been thinking about this and I am willing to modify the quests to be done by higher level players. I am, however, going to adjust the techniques so that they aren't nearly as desired by anyone over Tier 2.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information