Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Update (06.14.2006)

Default Live Update (06.14.2006)

The following changes, fixes and additions were made to the Live shards on Wednesday, June 14, 2006:

Pref File Overhaul:
    The Pref file system has been overhauled with this update. This means that your pref files will be reset in order to take advantage of some house-cleaning, new features, and optimizations. This is a one-time only change.
    • Restructured the pref files for ease of use - this will RESET current prefs.
    • Added two new prefs for character texture LOD: charTextureLOD and charTextureLODdist to support character texture LOD. Adjust the texture detail slider in the option window to see varying levels of detail.
    • When resetting your prefs to the defaults, your key bindings will no longer be reset. Your key bindings can now be reset directly from the “Key Bindings” screen on the Options window.
    • Chat logs can be enabled or disabled through the Options window (Options tab) without requiring full debug logging enabled.
    Sound and Music Fixes/Changes:
    • Update to sound system to support newer sound cards and fix sound play issues, such as looping combat sounds, or no music playing.
    • Duplicate sounds / music will no longer overlap.
    • Direct sound will now be used for all audio instead of wave output.
    Other Fixes/Changes:
    • Improved memory performance when teleporting.
    • If a player search would have returned more than 50 results, a message will be displayed stating that the results were truncated.
    • Particle effects associated with spells will now scale based on the character's skill level.
    • Dragging multiple items from a storage structure into the player's inventory will work when the inventories are in list view rather than grid view.
    • Support for drag and drop technique kits on spells that are already scribed.
    • Right-click "Take..." will work properly on quest generated loot.
    • Fixed issue with quest links not being correctly underlined.
    • Fixed the issue where the Notepad window would save an extra space after each line, each time you saved.
    • Your character's head will now turn when you have “free look” mode enabled.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 14th, 2006 at 06:05 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    The following changes, fixes and additions were made to the Live shards on Wednesday, June 13, 2006:

Your character's head will now turn when you have “free look� mode enabled.

Nice - Wonders if you do an Exorcist movement and turn your head completly around.

Is that supposed to be Tuesday, June 13, 2006 or Wednesday, June 14,2006?
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

• Support for drag and drop technique kits on spells that are already scribed.
    Interesting ... Does anything use this yet? Or is this here for future enhancements? Or is it part of the new mage quests?

... and can drag and drop techniques for other equipment be far behind?
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

You can already drag and drop techniques onto equipment (i.e. dyes). But yes, being able to apply it to spells that are alread scribed was for one of the rewards from the new mage quests on New Trismus.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Support for drag and drop technique kits on spells that are already scribed.
    I really hope this becomes the Runes that were promised way back in the beginning, when the Loot Revamp is done.

Some nice fixes.

Can't wait to try out the client.

The following changes, fixes and additions were made to the Live shards on Wednesday, June 14, 2006:
    • Added two new prefs for character texture LOD: charTextureLOD and charTextureLODdist to support character texture LOD. Adjust the texture detail slider in the option window to see varying levels of detail.
    I didn't see either of these in the "video" tab of options. I only noticed the Graphics Detail and Texture Detail bars (with Performance/Quality). Where are these prefs located?
    • Your character's head will now turn when you have “free lookâ€? mode enabled.
    I didn't notice my characters head moving, either. Maybe I'm missing something.

-Also- the "chat tab notification volume" always reverts back to the left side of the bar, which I assume is minimum, after I close the options window. I'd prefer it to be on maximum.

my guess is /setpref charTextureLOD true/false

and I've never seen the heading moving thing, as many times as its been working on blight :P

Default I cant

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Attr@ctor
    I didn't see either of these in the "video" tab of options. I only noticed the Graphics Detail and Texture Detail bars (with Performance/Quality). Where are these prefs located?

I didn't notice my characters head moving, either. Maybe I'm missing something.

-Also- the "chat tab notification volume" always reverts back to the left side of the bar, which I assume is minimum, after I close the options window. I'd prefer it to be on maximum.
    Quite figure out how to move my head either, heh

Yes, I have it set for free movement

Only time I have ever seen my head move is while using the emote /point

Not really sure that I like the head turning with the camera, though. I always view any combat or digging I do from the left side or front so that I can see better. But even in combat, my dragon is looking over his right wing like the most fascinating thing in the world is over there until he swipes at the mob. It would have been much better had the character looked at whatever you currently had targeted. Maybe do a random look here or there if idle. Would be even better if the other players could see your character's head turning this way and that.

Yep.... I would love a "free head look" not just "where the camera is pointing" look. and depending on the angle you have your camera view, you can't even see your head pointing up or down because you are busy staring at your rear!

Also, I thought about making a macro on my keyboard that would recenter the view, angle up upward, and then press the ~ key a few times to simulate "Nodding".... then I found out it's client only that you see the head moving...

then I frowned and stopped playing with the idea.... what a joke... the only thing this will serve will be people using Fraps to video tape and show cool poses for your character looking "away" to the left or right or nodding

When will it be on both sides.... client and server to other client?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I had no problem seeing my head turn while using free look. What I did have a problem with was seeing OTHER characters turn their heads. Me and a guildmate stood around in Brist free looking and me and my guildmate could see our own heads turning but could not see eachothers. Another funny thing is he could see his head also look up and down when he panned up or down and I could not get my character to do the same.

Anyone not seeing it, I don't think it can be video card or settings related as he was on a crap computer and had his settings on the lowest they could go while I was on a far better computer with my settings up higher and we could both see our own heads turning.

I'm guessing not being able to see other peoples heads turning was intended which is a bit of a shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    I had no problem seeing my head turn while using free look.
    Maybe this is where my problem is. What is "free look" exactly? I do have Free Movement checked in the options. When viewing in 3rd person I see no head movement panning up/down or swiveling around left/right. I do get the head "bob" when in 1st person (which I have turned off normally). I'm sure I'm not missing much, but I'm sorta nit-picky when it comes to these things lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    Free Look is something you can set in keybindings. I have mind set to my middle mouse button. It allows you to move the carmera all around your character with your mouse without having to use the clumsy manual keyboard controls.

This is not the same as Free Movement which is set in the options tab.
    Ah! Now we're getting somewhere. That is pretty nifty. Thanks for the clue-in.

dunno what happened here...but my video options tab is lookin pretty sparse now...there are no LOD settings whatsoever in there. even setting to highest quality and performance the terrain does a LOD at a distance. i prefered all of those turned off. theres no fog start slider anymore...nothing. all i have is the performance slider, detail slider, shadows off or blob, clutter, the 2 brightness, saturation, cloth simulation, and decals i believe is it. wheres all the other LOD options? the animation LOD? ...things are missing for me here. messed around with backup pref files i had and still wont get it back.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

This is how the options panel is designed, not enough people were setting the options up properly, so now its simplified. You can use the setpref to change some LODs.
    The graphics work well, but the ambient sounds are all bugged to hell.

My ambient sounds were working fine, no looping or anything. I would prefer having the old level of control for my graphics settings, however.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information