Thread: Hello - Great Game, reasons why I like it better than most mmorpg's out there.

Default Hello - Great Game, reasons why I like it better than most mmorpg's out there.

Hello everyone, I just started Horizons a few days ago and already I love it. I have played many other online games including the infamous EQ (Gasp), Star Wars Galaxies (Horrible game w/ nothing to do, nice eye candy though), Ultima Online (Since when did my computer turn into a Nintendo) and Anarchy Online (Much Like Horizons in the way that it's a small company that's little appreciated yet has a great game and community)

Of all the games, so far, Horizons and Anarchy Online are my favorites, Anarchy Online does have a few things as far as billing that I wish Horizons had such as the ability to pay with an online check, mailing in a money order and various other pay by cash options that are great for those of us whose credit cards suck. If you want to try something different, give Anarchy Online a try, it's only 5 bucks at Best Buy, It's a great futuristic mmorpg. But as much as I love it, I've got to have my good old fashion fantasy, with dragons and elves, here's what I like about Horizons so far.

Horizons is the only game with the exception of Anarchy that will let me solo my player and it does a better job than AO of letting me solo. I love it. I don't have alot of time to group and am usually busy while I'm playing which makes grouping hard to do, plus I like to take my time when I first start a game and look at everything and do some adventuring not to mention my very frequent smoking breaks therefore a game where I can solo well is a definite plus.

Also, Not only can I solo but I can spend a few hours and feel like I've accomplished something. How many of you'll have played EQ for a full 12 hours and not only didn't get anywhere but actually lost experience and was further behind than when you started? EQ felt more like work than a game, not to mention that if you can't buy an expansion pack for it every other month then you will be left behind and wont be able to group in certain ereas, which for a predominately grouping game makes little since. No group = No xp = No plat = This Sucks. Unless you were a 65 Enchanter like my toon was then you could sit around casting Kei all day for plat. How boring is that? I hated it. I cancelled my account, 65 Chanter and all, And NO I didn't sell it, I don't care how much someone would pay. I refuse to have done all that work for someone else to reap thebenefits from.

Horizons has a crap load of quests. I've seen complaint after complaint on message boards about the lack of quests on Horizons and I just don't get it. Have these people ever played any other mmorpg's before? How many quests are in EQ? Let's see, a newbie armor quest, My adventurers stone quest, my eqic weapon quest, hmmm, I did 3 quests in 65 levels????? I'm sure I did a few more than that, I seem to recall a quest where I delivered something for a gold piece or two and yes I know EQ has alot of more random quests but are they fun or worth the time? No they're not, you either get some really crappy outdated equipment that you won't use because you have much better already or you get a few gold pieces. Horizons quests to me are not only fun but also very rewarding. You get a ton of xp from the simplest of quests, remember doing that hard quest in EQ and getting so little XP that your bar didn't even move up any? Besides the great XP, you get tokens to buy formulaes that u can use or you can do quests to buff your abilities up. I've got so many good quests to do right now because my dragon just hit lv. 10 that it's not even funny and I can't wait to do them. Already my carrying capacity has doubled and soon I'll have even more good abilities and items. You can't beat that. Oh, I know there's still some problems in Horizons such as lack of high lv. dragon quests and such but there's always problems in any mmorpg. I mean, look at Everquest once again. They've been promising to fix things since beta that still aren't fixed and they've been out forever and have put out like 7 expansions. How ridiculous is that?

I know I'm new but I see alot of potential in Horizons, the fact that you can play a dragon and also I like the fact that outside of every city there aren't a ton of wolves and snakes and other rodents to kill for newbie xp. While it's convenient to go right out of a city and start killing stuff, how realistic is it? I like the fact that like in real settlements there aren't wild snakes and fippy darkpaw's outside every town. I'm sure the townsfolk and guards actually do something all day. It's nice to have to go adventuring out in the wilds to find game to kill, just like in real life. And it's nice to be able to solo them.

Things I would like to see happen with Horizons: I would love for them to make the dragons lairs, I would also like for them to get a little more backing and support to truly make this world what it could be, number 1. I would also love to see an expansion pack come out eventually. Please don't pump them out like EQ, just one a year and I'd be happy, maybe two a year but no more. More developers and more in game support. One of the things that really turned me onto Anarchy Online is that every new person who joins the game is greeted inside the game by an employee and tech person, they're told hello and also they ask you if you have any questions or need anything. How nice is that? Remember, they're a small company like Artifact is, I'm sure they're a little bit better off but they're still small. It's just those little things that make such a nice difference.

Well, I'll quit rambling now. Hello everyone in Horizons. I look forward to meeting you all and having a good time. Hopefully I'm here to stay, unless I have more credit card problems. I might have to get a prepaid credit card. I love this game and I really like the community. I do wish there was more websites on horizons though. I looked up how to begin with a dragon and found nothing. Eventually I found what I was looking for here. Thanks for whover puts game play info up here. We appreciate the work you'll do. The point of any game is to have fun and I'm currently having a blast. I hope it lasts a long long time. If not, I always have Anarchy to switch to if I get a bit bored. And remember, no matter what game is your favorite, in each and every one of them the gnomes all taste the same. Yummy.

P.S. Don't confuse a Dwarf with a Gnome and try to punt it. Dwarves are mean little #$@# and they hit back hard.

P.S.S. Artifact Entertainment wanted me to tell everyone that there's a new rule involving bringing back the worship of dragons and that any time a biped sees a dragon they must give them 5 silver pieces. I know, I'm sorry, I don't make the rules, I'm just passing them on. So next time you see me, don't forget the 5 silver pieces. [:D]

Craw:Dragon Lv. 11 Adv. / 10 Craft Chaos Shard ( I think [:S] )

Default Re: Hello - Great Game, reasons why I like it better than most mmorpg's out there.

Hello and welcome on board!

I agree with most you say.

Passing the time, your game will lose a bit of "freshness", but still I think Horizons is fun at least up to level 100 in 2 - 3 classes. Quite a while if you are not the powerleveller type.

Anyway the best opinion about Horizons usually comes when not playing it.

After a while that you feel relieved of the bugs etc, you start to feel what "lacks" from other games. I cannot describe the exact "thing that lacks", yet it's something that makes me stay even if I am basically done with levelling and in not much time I'll be done with all I can do.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Soulfyre

Default Re: Hello - Great Game, reasons why I like it better than most mmorpg's out there.

Hello there and welcome to Istaria!

Yay! Another former disgruntled enchanter! Down with KEI! And then they only made it worse. Mine was cancelled months ago, but he's still sitting there with all his belongings. I would neversell him off to anyone.. he's mine forever. [:P]

I agree with most of your thoughts. Though I'd love to see a few more quests with lore like the Rite of Passage has in it. I regret not writing all that down. And hair.. hair for the male elves please! Someone fire their beautician.. Ack!

I also want a pumpkin.. *sniffs and glowers at the biped houses, plotting to steal a jack-o-lantern and wear it on his horns*

PS. Don't mistake dwarves for gnomes.. gnomes actually bathe. That first bite is a doozy... [:|]

PSS. Seeing as I am a dragon I will.. umm.. steal 5 silver from my mate! I deserve some worship for once!

Rilramar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfyre
    Hello there and welcome to Istaria!

PSS. Seeing as I am a dragon I will.. umm.. steal 5 silver from my mate! I deserve some worship for once!
    [:|] !!!!!
    Steal!!! steal?? How can you steal what is already yours, my love?
    Besides you know I worship your very scales. and will follow you anywhere..umm except if you eat those hot and spicy wings again [+o(][:S][8-)][:P]

Annnyway..welcome to Istaris. Love the enthusiasm and just keep haveing fun and pokeing a scaly nose all ovre this world..well till something pokes it back of course

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Quote Originally Posted by medweasel
    P.S. Don't confuse a Dwarf with a Gnome and try to punt it. Dwarves are mean little #$@# and they hit back hard.

Craw:Dragon Lv. 11 Adv. / 10 Craft Chaos Shard ( I think [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img] )
    Finnaly a dragon that understands me[6]

Welcome to Hz[;)]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Soulfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Rilramar
    Steal!!! steal?? How can you steal what is already yours, my love?
    Besides you know I worship your very scales. and will follow you anywhere..umm except if you eat those hot and spicy wings again
    Geez.. you eat a few dryad mages and have one bad bout of flammable rainbow colored gas and they never forget...

When they said "Rainbow Bridge"I thought they meant buffet!

latin

Welcome to Istaria medweasel [:)]

Thread Information