Thread: Hate to love it, love to hate it

Valareos

Default Hate to love it, love to hate it

First, Great job on the simplification of the video options.

however

we need to be able to set the graphic and texture details for buildings and characters seperatly!

THe longest part of loading in a city and the main source of my lag is the cities. I used to do ok by having really good looking toons and crappy buildings. THis I dont mind.

Now, if I want good looking toons, I am forced to have good looking buidligns, which slows my machine to an unplayable crawl.

All I ask is that we have back the ability to set the building graphics level and toon graphics level seperatly!

Can I get a hell yea?

The most recent live update mentions CharTextureLOD and CharTextureLODdist. For some reason or another, they're not adjustable via the prefs window - or they forgot to add that capability to the live update.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

They are options you can adjust in your pref files.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ophelea

This is what I get from tech:

we're working on changing the textures right now, but will not add the option to edit the character texture LOD options directly. Moving the sliders to high quality will make the character texture LOD more aggressive.
    Hope that helps. And no, no ETA.

Thread Information