Thread: Barriers....hi devs....

Winters Solstice

Default Barriers....hi devs....

Hello Devs,
    Fair warning here, I am a bit teed off, so this thread may come off as a bit... rude.

In my quest of the ARoP, I encountered the portion of the quest where I am supposed to charge some crystals. Namely... 4 Ruby Focus Stones. To do this, I have to fly or rather, port to some island that requires a special portal that was built about 2 years ago. No problem. I go to Dralk, locate the portal, and immediately fly to the first island.
    To my dismay, I get to the island, get what I need, and proceed to *FLY* off the island. I get almost to the 2nd island, and BOOM. I hit this barrier.
    This barrier entraps me.. a *FLYING* Dragon upon the island. I have no choice but to recall. I port back to Elnath after reaching Dralk for a 2nd time. In hope of reaching the 2nd island. Once again, Im met with this barrier from hell in the middle of the sky. Mocking me. At this point, Im fustrated. I port back again, spend money to port to Aug, find the portal to Alged, get the 2nd crystal, and once again, try to fly off the island.
    Oops, no can do, I am yet again forced to recall back. I am now porting to Elnath for a 3rd time. And can almost expect to have to port the the final island. Total ports, 5. Total time wasted because of a barrier... roughly almost 2 hours (given how long it takes to zone with massive memory leaks this game has... yeah).

Solution. Remove the barriers. These barriers make no sense whatsoever. We dragons can fly, and should be able to fly to the islands that are 10 meters apart from each other. The only thing that was accomplished in putting up the barriers... fustration, aggrivation, a bogged down computer do to zoning/portal lag, restarting of the computer several times because of the major lag issue and most of all, a very irritated dragon trying to complete a quest.

BTW, my comp is pretty much brand new. I dont lag at all when playing EQ2, WoW, CoH, CoV, etc.

So in closing. What is the point of the barriers other than what I mentioned above.. and most of all, a dragon with the gift of flight. Please concider removing the barriers.

Thank you.

Winters Solstice

Relogged, barriers are still there.

Im assuming its either meant to be there or a glitch.

Winters Solstice

Done, deleting the cache worked. Thank you. I appologize for the outburst.

Guess Im just fustrated overall from the ARoP =(

Thank you again.

The barriers on plots are gone, but they still are around for world zones it seems, if you reach an area that was protected in the past, your permission to enter/cross it might not load for some reason. I have hit a wall numerous times running very fast out of morning light past the old set of unlockable plots. Usually after a few seconds it clears, but if its not clearing try a relog, if nothing clears again then submit a ticket with the coordinates it is happening. There should only be a few unreachable areas via air, thats not one of them.

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Winters Solstice
    Done, deleting the cache worked. Thank you. I appologize for the outburst.

Guess Im just fustrated overall from the ARoP =(

Thank you again.
    I'll show this thread to support as an FYI, regardless.

Thread Information