Thread: Thinking about Coming back

dafriar

Default Thinking about Coming back

Heya Istarians... been a long time since I walked this world... was curious if the Network related Lag Issues ever got resolved. The only reason I left Horizons in the first place was due to the intolerable (Obviously) lag when attempting to move items, engage in combat, or run around in a group.

So my question to you folks, did the serverside lag get resolved? Can you effectively fight and not die due to your client never getting the combat start data?

I think I'll try out the Free Trial and see, I hope so cause the Live Events and class system of Horizons was simply hands down the best.

~Varthus

Yes try the trial. Of note they have had some problem with it lately but I think they are all fixed. Of the combat lag,

I think I remember what you mean and that has been fixed for a long time now. There may be a time or 2 combat starts out a little laggy but I think that is just internet lag and nothing to do with server or client and happens very very rarely.

If you have any questions once in game joing the New player channel and ask away, some old timers hang out ther and answer questions as needed.

Ohh yes i remember exactly what you are talking about as i left at about the same time for that(and many other) reasons. but They fixed that and most other things. i've been back for a couple of weeks now and i'm loving it like nothing i've ever played. give it a trial and welcome back
    Rother Galant-Order
    If a dragon was hiding under a rock would you be the one to tell him he's not fooling anyone?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Also keep in mind that if you played in live before you left, your characters and account(s) are still there, so you could also reactivate your account(s) and the only thing you'd be missing was any land you owned back then. If it was pre-merge, you may also have a plot token with which you could acquire a plot without having to work up a bunch of coin.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Kotar

thats one of the main reason i left was cuz of lag and the other was there just wasnt enough things for me to do to keep me active. seeing as i have the attention span of a 10 year old and have to keep doing multiple things. maybe ill try it out and see if it got any better. i still remember when there was about 6 or more servers and i didnt know where to do or what to do first. the good old days. lol

Ah, the good old days ... when you could join a random group of any level, with players located anywhere in the world, and you'd still get a huge experience bonus. =)

Flynte

Mordaris

Default I've been out a while, too..

I played up until about six months after initial launch (This was when Artifact owned it, and Tulga wasn't even a gleam in someone's eye yet).

Is there any chance my old characters are still around, and how do I get my information to reactivate my account, if I decide to? I can't even remember what email address I used.

Yes they are still there do you remember your account name you signed up with? You can not sign in with that now. Otherwise if you look around the help board for the Customer support rep That names begins with R and ends with TG, Sorry I am bad with names, and PM him with all your info you do remember he should be able to help you.

Reyem TG is the name Deth was trying to remember, and he's correct. Reyem should be able to help. Send him a PM with your situation and as much information about the account as you do remember.

I just returned this week.. I had the same issues you had way back when, and left for (what sounds like) many of the same issues. The game is more playable now than back then... there are some issues but compared to when we were first here, it's a LOT better...

I suggest you do what I have done and try the free trial, to determine for yourself if you could be happy here... I hope you are able to get your account information... you will find all your characters still exist, although they may have been moved to different servers, due to the fact that they combined many servers in our absence...

Good luck to you
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

spajdr_fatleg

so after more then year im trying to think to come back, wonder if i will find anyone that i know, since horizons was released lol )

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

It's entirely possible, spajdr. I've noticed in the past week about a dozen names that I haven't seen in over a year come back. And each and every one I've talked with is excited to see what the changes are.

Some have even had to create new characters because they wanted to relearn the game from scratch.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Dinidain DeCantlos

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    <snip>...I've noticed in the past week about a dozen names that I haven't seen in over a year come back...<snip>

***raises hand***

Yup here's one right here

Been back for about 2 weeks now and I'm very glad I did...didn't realize how much I missed this game.

Grinning Dragon

I fled just after Horizon's toasted my HD. (just before the merge from Spirit to Order).
    Tazoon (and some other areas) used to swap page files so much it was painful (and expensive)
    Did these issues get fixed properly?

Just being a cargo carrier (or minor harvester) for the rebuilding of many of the towns/cities was also a major let-down). Has this been improved for the Dragon folk? Can we actually use our crafting skills to do artisan work and not Dig and Carry?

By Hel's blue... er, nevermind... :slygrin:
    By the gods, I miss flying... and I bet those unscaled bipeds have raided my Hoard...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Dragon
    (...)
    Just being a cargo carrier (or minor harvester) for the rebuilding of many of the towns/cities was also a major let-down). Has this been improved for the Dragon folk? Can we actually use our crafting skills to do artisan work and not Dig and Carry?
    (...)
    How about constructing your very own lair, would that tickle your fancy, flying one? Artisan enough for you?
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Sultra

I also left after beta for the same reasons and I am absolutely loving playing now Hope you give it a try

Thread Information