Thread: Blight note excerpt on Dragon flight

Default Blight note excerpt on Dragon flight

If a dragon in flight suddenly loses the ability to fly, they will fall to the ground instead of being stuck in the air.

Does this now mean, if something roots you while flying by, you immediately come crashing to the ground?

How does a dragon lose flight (unless you crash off the server)?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I should think that one of the main things this will fix is the issue of a dragon dying while in flight (usually due to a DoT). When that happens, presently no one can reach him to resurrect him.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

This also addresses cargo disks, since now you can equip a cargo disk while flying (and come crashing down to the ground).

Roots are indeed another case. Beware when flying over rooting monsters (or players, if you're participating in an arena).

that would be a quick way of decending though on potential prey... hittin that equip button... and then unequip as soon as ya hit the ground... or is it instantanious??
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

It's not instantaneous. It's the same as if you somehow placed a biped at that height - you fall.

But yes, that's a faster way of descending than flying downward.

Very good, this takes care of the nasty problem of being rooted midair and unable to heal yourself (because spells and abilities cannot be used in flight).

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information