Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June Stratics House of Commons chat

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    It must have come in near the end... Sorry about that. I know at one point (halfway through i think) there were no pending questions for us to answer.
    Sorry Amon and David I didn't convey that I wasn't serious about you missing that question. I realize that people went speachless about half way through the chat because that's when Ophelea started kicking me in the pants IRC style to ask some of the questions I'd asked when I visited the office. It's amazing because I have a million questions that I want to ask when you are not in chat and they always slip my mind when I have the chance.

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    1. She probably didn't eat lunch

2. Yes

3. I liked V for Vendetta.

1. He's right

2. Only he can answer.

3. I liked it so much I took Amon to see it for my second time.

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaunoss
    Sorry Amon and David I didn't convey that I wasn't serious about you missing that question. I realize that people went speachless about half way through the chat because that's when Ophelea started kicking me in the pants IRC style to ask some of the questions I'd asked when I visited the office. It's amazing because I have a million questions that I want to ask when you are not in chat and they always slip my mind when I have the chance.
    Those were your pants?

I was trying to poke your arm!

that's what being physical over a text medium will do!
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I had high hopes about the new client but, upon hearing their stuck with using the old out dated dx 8 still I'm pretty disappointed. With today graphic cards it’s like having a digital HD TV only to watch analog programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenclaw1
    I had high hopes about the new client but, upon hearing their stuck with using the old out dated dx 8 still I'm pretty disappointed. With today graphic cards it’s like having a digital HD TV only to watch analog programs.
    Just to clarify, Greenclaw1, the new client will not be restricted to DirectX8. In fact, once the engine they are using for the client supports DirectX10 (which will only be available in the upcoming Windows Vista), it will support that, as well.

And if you have an HDTV at all, you'll know quite well that there is still a rather limited about of HD programming available. It really bugs me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenclaw1
    Yes the DX8 client is the updated current client. The new client will be DX10+ compatable.

David: I want to clarify that there are two activities in parallel going on. A vastly improved existing client and a totally new client. The improved client will be used for The Settlements expansion.

*Segorian* David, will the new client be restricted to DX 8 as well?

David: It will not.

Jasagron-TG: The new client is being developed using the Ogre rendering engine which keeps up to date with currently available hardware. So, once Ogre supports DX10 so will the new client. As well DX9 support will last throughout the new clients lifetime as XP is not going away for quite some time.
    (because it won't let me post a reply with only a quote...)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Anima

<Waves!>

MMm... requisition system (reverse consignment)

Soo... like a crafting calculator built into an NPC, you pick out your goods, deposit the coin you're willing to pay for said item(s). A crafter picks up a crafting ticket from the NPC and has a half an hour or so to fill out the order.
    When a crafting ticket is picked up on your items, the "Job" is reserved.
    Crafter returns with the order and completes the order similar to completing a quest. NPC alerts purchaiser of the completed order and waits a few days before dumping the order to the owner's vault.

Like construction jobs but with a way to "reserve" it.

Oooo, I'd like to see the NPCs broken down into Beginner, journeyman and expert. And further into resources, tool, armor, weapon and general.

Beginner, journeyman, expert Imperial resource requisition officer.
    Hmm... thats a possible Fifteen separate NPCs, might be a good excuse to start utilizing Tazoon's market place once the frame rate gets adjusted so that town is usable to most.

Any details on this subject so I can stop throwing out ignorant suggestions?

<waves!>

I'm not sure about the ticket reservation system. I understand why you suggest it, and we'll have to discuss how to find a balance between more than one person trying to fill an order (and all but the first ending up with an item without a buyer) versus one person preventing others from fulfilling an order.

Also, the delivery/pickup method is not yet decided.

As of now there's no plan to restrict the NPCs, just like most consigners will allow you to consign anything (Aidan and tavernkeepers being exceptions).

Anima

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    I'm not sure about the ticket reservation system. I understand why you suggest it, and we'll have to discuss how to find a balance between more than one person trying to fill an order (and all but the first ending up with an item without a buyer) versus one person preventing others from fulfilling an order.

Also, the delivery/pickup method is not yet decided.

As of now there's no plan to restrict the NPCs, just like most consigners will allow you to consign anything (Aidan and tavernkeepers being exceptions).
    <waves!>

Hmm... how about a very short ticket time for "reserved work"? That would motivate crafters to be prepaired while still reserving work for no overlaping of end product. Perhaps instant interaction times for resources.

Those that choose to use the Requisition officers take the risk of someone reserving thier order several times without delivery. Very similar to those that consign things they think will sell, only to end up having it drop to thier vault and being out the % of the posted selling price.

Well, I suggested multiple NPCs for varriety and to reducing crowding around one NPC. Makes it more realistic, 15 requisition officers handling Beginner, journeyman and expert instead of just one. Id rather look for the right NPC than dig through a huge filter system. Adds to the "market place" feel, I know I know... silly me, looking for esthetics and atmosphere instead of efficiency.

<Waves!>

Regarding ticket reservation.
    I think the best way to handle it is:
    1. Any player can put in as much tickets as he/she wants
    2. A crafter looking at the tickets can get them assigned to his/her name.
    3. Once a ticket has been reserved by a player, no other player can fulfill the order. The ticket becomes a quest.
    4. At any given time you can have maximum 1 ticket per NPC open (if they are not "connected" in regards to the DB) or 1-5 tickets spread over all the reverse consignment NPC's.
    5. Each ticket has to be fulfilled in a certain time.
    6. The fulfillment time can be set by the player who requested the crafted item. Perhaps with a minimum time based on the Tier of the item.

Further questions:
    1. When requesting an order of resources to be filled: does the order have to be fulfilled in one shot: talk to the NPC and have the goods in your inventory? --> Meaning you need to take into account what others can carry at one time, asking for 10000 copper and tin ore will not be possible for any player I imagine.
    2. If orders can be fulfilled in multiple steps, how does payment work?
    Does the order need to be completed before you are payed, or are you payed per % delivered.
    E.g. Order set out for 10 000 copper and tin ore for 10s: A crafter fills that order with 20 times 500 ore at one go. Is the crafter pay 500c at each partial fulfilment of the order?
    3. If orders can be completed in multiple steps: is it possible to fulfill the order by a certain percentage and being paid also for that percentage, and than drop the ticket. And leave it to somebody else to complete the order?

I think this reverse consignment will give a boost to our economy.
    It will be wonderful when working on your plots, that you can assign the lower tier work or gathering of resources to others, and work on your own skills at the higher tier.

As I always want more *hehe* how about a bulletin board with all the available paid construction work. In that way, builders don't have to roam Istaria in search for work, but can look it up and go to the listed place.
    If it is not possible to make an automatic system, how about a manual system. It may have disadvantages as not being current all the time, but if we put a listing timer on the post of 7-14 days, I think the problem will be kept to a minimum.

Salis

Thread Information