Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaman Vs. Druid

Default Shaman Vs. Druid

I have this option... and I'm really trying to figure out why this isn't an absolute no-brainer.

In the Shaman corner:
    Chainmail armor
    +3 power at -1 focus over druid
    Nature spells, augmentation spells, and Blight spells to boot!
    Slightly more weapon choice
    Stat leaches instead of stat buffs

In the Druid corner:
    We get Cloak of thorns

So what am I missing here?

Shamans can use all life spells. (Except maybe mystic blaze :P)

Shaman don't get any augmentation like druid (nor life), though, so you'd have to take healer or cleric in the background for those.

I think at the pure power level a multiclassed druid is somewhat better than a shaman, but a shaman is definitely more fun and less cookie-cutter. (Everyone and their aunt is druid 100 these days, unfortunately.)

Me, I'd go for shaman over druid any day - and have on several occasions too.
    Last edited by tramsan; June 25th, 2006 at 03:26 AM.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I vote, Both.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Shaman is a far better single target killer than a druid is, druids tend to have to farm and AoE more, while shamans can heavily debuff and dot anything quickly.
    I'd prefer shaman myself for a main, when you get to higher end mobs expulse is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    Shaman don't get any augmentation like druid (nor life), though, so you'd have to take healer or cleric in the background for those.
    Are you sure? Gamersinfo.net says otherwise.

and it looks pretty well like I'm going for Shaman, just gotta craft a RP event around it

although i changed paths i spent a good deal of time looking into just this decision. i'd have to say(sparing the details) shaman as they have a bit more kick to them than the druid and have alot of debuffs to add to that kick. of corse this was based off of the information from gi so if it's not accurate i'd have to look over them both again. it's just my opinion though and i tend to lean towards the more damaging side of things.
    Rother Galant-Order
    If a dragon was hiding under a rock would you be the one to tell him he's not fooling anyone?

Both Shaman and Duid are getting Augemntation, not that much but they get and they both can just use the Revitalizes unless they multiclass to get life skill, then the can use all healing spells, as SHMN has a bit Spirit skill to join the school he even can use Self-Sacrificium I.

Druid is can't use as much weapons as SHMN but get's a bit more skill for his beatstick.
    Druid wears the weaker armor but is getting passive abilitys which raising armor value and resistance vs melee dmg.
    Druid has nature master
    Druid is getting a pretty strong Area HoT and Area Evasion buff.

*jumps into Druids corner*

PS: if you want a single target killer choose a Melee school (other then Monk) or Ranger/ELAR.
    Last edited by Joaqim; June 25th, 2006 at 10:18 AM.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

let's not forget, the upcoming CoT nerf will make this entire discussion moot, along with the Druid class as a whole.
    Got Cowbell?

That CoT nerf has been talked about as upcoming for over a year

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    let's not forget, the upcoming CoT nerf will make this entire discussion moot, along with the Druid class as a whole.
    True, this will be the time to switch school to SHMN, whenever that day may come.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    That CoT nerf has been talked about as upcoming for over a year
    yes, between the nerf-cryers and Amon in IRC, but only recently
    has been shared with the general populace on these boards.
    Got Cowbell?

What you call a nerf, others call a balance...

Some of what Amon wants to nerf just isn't right or needed, but some is. He has discussed a whole slew of targets and CoT is one of the least of the problems.

More accurately, it is 'damage shield adjustment' or 'damage shield nerf' because CoT won't be the only thing affected. On the positive side, if this is what it takes to get people thinking about druids' general viability (and lack thereof), good. If a class is considered worthy only because of single ability, something must be very, very wrong with it on conceptual level.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Forest Mist?? (Group buff for increased evasion)
    Nature's Fury?? (Group buff for increased melee Damage)
    Detox Self, Detox Other both masterable by Druid.

Druid wins, without even bringing CoT into the argument. Druids are GREAT additions to groups, CoT or no.

Shaman get's Expulse, Corrosive Rain, a few others. These abilities can be useful as well when combined in a group. But not quite as useful as the druid abilities.

The nice thing with druid, you can master all the good abilities except Detox Group and Cloak of Thorns. Then you could play as a Shaman main with nature roots and be a really nasty force to contend with.

Meh, druid 60 and you have those (except detox others)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Exactly. Thats why Druid is a great class.

Great additions to groups just not Reklar right G?

I havn't played a Shaman but I do like having my druid abilitys. Kark is the only Shaman I have seen and I am impressed with his abilitys. As for which is better I dont think I can get a honest opinion other than Druid is great for large groups Shaman is nice to have if you lack Primal Vengance in a SOG fight
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Default Shaman Heals

Shaman can use the revitalizes and health, major health, minor health, group health and regrowth. With 1000 base nature shamans can use imp. revitalize V double teched.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Great additions to groups just not Reklar right G?
    Druids are great for reklar, they just have to come in the healer school. The druid abilities are mastered.

Thread Information