Thread: Greetings

doro

Default Greetings

Hello there. I am Doro on the Order server. I just started this game yesterday and so far I have enjoyed it (especially the crafting) up until I arrived in the world after the spirit isle quests. After arriving in the town, my trainer offered quests and when I followed that link she offered and then "no you're too low level." So I go and kill lots of boar looking mobs in which time my exp level barely moves. I haven't played an MMO in a long while because I cannot stand the kill 10000 mobs to level with absolutely no point. Is this one of those games where I just wander the face of the world needlessly slaughtering all that cross me, alone? Or am I just missing something?

To counter this feeling, I decided to take on some trade skilling, but the vendor didn't sell any affordable new recipies so that was ended pretty quickly and I so loved the set up for doing trade skills.

So, basilly I was hoping someone could offer me some guidance in game. I'm not asking for hand holding but maybe some direction or if it's mindless grinding in my future, perhaps not.

Welcome to Istaria, doro. Which quests on Spirit Isle did you do? And what level did you reach?

Cellardus the Adventurer Trainer on Spirit Isle was intended to get you to level 4 if you did all of the quests. And then upon reaching New Trismus, you would have been greeted by your trainer with another quest starting a new series on the island to get you to 10.

If you did all of the quests on Spirit Isle, but were not level 4 then please let me know which school you tried and I will investigate further as that is not supposed to happen.

Just a word of advice, you might also try switching to another adventurer school on NT. All of the trainers offer quests to new players starting at level 1 if you join the school.

Good luck and please let us know so that we can ensure you have a good experience trying out Horizons.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by doro
    To counter this feeling, I decided to take on some trade skilling, but the vendor didn't sell any affordable new recipies so that was ended pretty quickly and I so loved the set up for doing trade skills.
    Which trade school did you try? The blacksmith school, trainer is in the metalwork shop by the copper & tin veins, will give you quite a few formulas (recipes) for free if you do his quests. There is a fair bit of running about involved but its a good way of learning the layout of New Trismus
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

The best way to get formulas (recipies/blueprints for crafting) is to do crafting trainer quests. When you complete a craft trainer's quest, you will get some lore tokens (with some exceptions - stay away from miner and gatherer for the moment.) These tokens can then be used as coin to purchase forms from the trainer - not the consigner vendor.

Remember to join the New Player channel in-game! Lots of friendly people there! (Right-click a chat window and select Browse channels)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Also, if the trainer on New Trismus seems to want to not sell formulas (this has been popping up lately with several people, Amon), you might want to check with the same trainers in either Sslanis, Kion, or Dalimond. All are free portals from New Trismus up until adventure level 10.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I'd also suggest taking a look at the gamersinfo.net guides section. Specifically there is a write up on Spirit Isle that can be found here http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/guides/default.php?id=8

If you did miss some quests on Spirit Isle, you can talk to Steward Pratt in the center of New Trismus to be able to go back to Spirit Isle and try the rest of the quests.

doro

Thank you for the replies. I made it to 4 scout, 4 outfitter before leaving the Spirit Isle. I will make another go at it this evening following the given advice. I appreciate the quick replies

Note that the scout quests on New Trismus are not the more up to date ones. Mage, cleric and warrior quests have been redone recently, and scout is next on the list. But they are still a bit "dated" so might not be what is intended compared to what will be there.

doro

Yeah. I still haven't been able to do another scout quest. I'm not interested in the other classes really though so I will just suck it up and attempt to grind some XP a bit.

Doro? Is that your name in game? Might be a copyright thing on that one since that is a singers name and the band

But maybe not, either way welcome to Istaria

Jayn

doro

I have no idea what band you mean, but yes this is my in game name.

>_o What a horrible site.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

She's a true warrior...hummm kinda like me

Actually started with the band "Warrior" Her solo band is Doro

Looks interesting. She makes me nostalgic for the late Wendy O. Williams.

However, back on topic!

Welcome to Istaria, doro! Which server are you playing on?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

doro

I am playing on the Order server. I'm a dryad druid at the moment. Hoping I can become a ranger at some point. I'm also working on blacksmithing.

I must say that is an ugly site. It also full screens the browser which is a big design no-no.

Thread Information