Thread: Nerfing some of the Golem hunting area

Default Nerfing some of the Golem hunting area

I was saddened to see the herd of golems gone from "golem Alley" in Trandalar as well as the more challenging FireOpal golems in Saritova. I can remember with a certain nostalgia, the joys of various guild hunting expeditions where some would protect the lower level members and others would attack the golems in groups... what fun!

Now those days are gone?

I am not sure why there are fewer golems... surely I did not kill them all...

Here are my observations - particularly for Saritova - there are about 4 good pulling spots and with a full field of golems - then several groups can pull one or two or even three without taking away from every one else there. The way that the spawn is now - one lone highlevel hunter can keep the slate clean and "hog" the few golems that do spawn.

Can this be fixed by changing a "spawn rate" number? If so - please do so! A rate at about two to three times what we have today and the last few weeks - would do the trick.

If - not... I would appreciate an explanation. I think we can accept some changes when there is an explanation that we can understand.

Concoidal

Was reduced a few patches ago i think. Something to do with having far too many monsters together in an area with a high spawn rate which made for easy levelling. That was my understanding.

Good to see you posting on the boards gramps <grins>.

hmm, I think you do know as well as everyone else one person killing 3 or 4 golems wasn't normal, it was one person killing the whole crazy spawn of them. It was frequent and camped, it wasn't right..

Well had to happen sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    hmm, I think you do know as well as everyone else one person killing 3 or 4 golems wasn't normal, it was one person killing the whole crazy spawn of them. It was frequent and camped, it wasn't right..
    I see - so to "fix" one problem with campers... we "punish" the whole community - really smart move!

On the other hand - my experience was not as you describe. I have been there many times - both for harvesting fireopals (the uncut stone) and for helping guildees level their character.

I suspect that handling the individuals who camp and clear the whole field is probably a better approach. Direct contact with them by Tulga representatives would eventually address the problem. Is it smarter to piss-off the rest of the community?

Nerfing the game is not the way to handle the no-lifers who camp on any concentration of mobs. What it does is remove our ability to go on guild hunts and teach new members the finer points of battle behavior.

It was not a nerf, golems piled 3x on top of eachother isn't normal

Quote Originally Posted by Concoidal
    I see - so to "fix" one problem with campers... we "punish" the whole community - really smart move!
    No, nothing like that.

The explanation I was given is that, when the spawn area was created, the individual setting the spawn parameters in the system entered the information incorrectly. The system is supposed to start off small and add spawn numbers as needed until it hits a maximum spawn level. What was entered set the initial spawn AT the maximum spawn level. The fire opals on Saritova and the T3 golems on Trandalar were only some of the spawns set up that way.

Remember people complaining that a field would be empty and then *poof*, they are surrunded by a horde of mobs? Well, I think we know why, now. A data entry error, now being corrected.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    No, nothing like that.

The explanation I was given is that, when the spawn area was created, the individual setting the spawn parameters in the system entered the information incorrectly. The system is supposed to start off small and add spawn numbers as needed until it hits a maximum spawn level. What was entered set the initial spawn AT the maximum spawn level. The fire opals on Saritova and the T3 golems on Trandalar were only some of the spawns set up that way.

Remember people complaining that a field would be empty and then *poof*, they are surrunded by a horde of mobs? Well, I think we know why, now. A data entry error, now being corrected.
    Perhaps, but now in this feast or famine logic the devs have set the spawn numbers too (censored) low and/or set the respawn timer to (censored) high, or can there be no middle ground?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    No, nothing like that.

That is an explanation that makes sense - Thank you Klaus.

On the other hand it does look like the over all action is some how too slow - the spawn rate is set too low - or the recycle timer is set to high. A balance would be nice.

No, there is only some many mobs that can be in Istaria at one time. So they had to subtract many mob spawns so they could add lots more Ogre Zombies.

By the way you can start charging 25s for fire golem chips, there gonna be rare now

Jayne
    Last edited by Jayne; June 30th, 2006 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    It was not a nerf, golems piled 3x on top of eachother isn't normal
    It is a game - within those parameters - what does "normal" mean? Dragons flying? Gnomes - Dwarves - Dryads? The parameters are just as much a fancyful creation as all above. I am not asking for three layers of golems on top of each other (although that would be very amusing to see) I am asking for three goloems per pulling area so that no one goes wanting and / or have to wait indefinitely for a mob to show up.

On the other hand it has been very peaceful collecting the gems... bah!

Normal = internally consistent with other, similar spawn rates.

Fire Opal Golems are found on more than Saritova, so I would recommend seeking the other locations out as well.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yup they are Amon.. the problem is no one likes that place because of the time requirement to get there (my personal reason anyway) and there are much easier pickings on the way there...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Now the saritova spot gets camped again by a certain white dragon and a gnome from the same guild who are macroing there and because the spawn is so much lower it's made possible there alot easier.

So because they "fixed" one problem they created another situation where nobody can use this spawn because this 1 player who is macroing there all the time.

And everybody you ask on Chaos most likely will know who I'm talking about. Just login at this location and you can handle this player yourself.

Thread Information