Thread: All Alt Plot Access

Default All Alt Plot Access

I didn't notice a thread that concerned this topic, and I even have an old, very old ticket in on the matter that has yet to be answered.

Among various additions to plot permissions ideas that have already been submitted, (saw some nice ones in the Guild Maintenance Thread), there needs to be a fix for people with more than one alt.

Whether you have one or 10 subscriptions...I find it extremely frustrating and ridiculous that in order for my alts to access any of my plots...they either have to be in the same guild, or I have to use a Friends list which effectively closes off the shops/vault to other players.

I have 6 alts...any one of them should be able to access any structure on any other alt's plot. This was a bigger problem when I had only 1 account, 1 subscription, 1 plot (with shops for all), but 4 alts.

Anyways...a bit jumbled, but I think one can get the point I am trying to make.

Thanks
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Count my support in on this one. I have a guildmate with several subscriptions and almost half again as many characters. We were brainstorming how to get a plot set so that all the alts could have storage access to the plot without limiting public access to the machines.

Our only solution was another plot that was storage only, friends only permission list naming only all the alternates. It wasn't exactly a good solution as the plots currently owned are high-traffic for the community and she's not got the money for another subscription.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Spidermoon77

I am inclined to agree as well. Some functions should be at the account level instead of character level. Access to owned plots should definitely be on the account level. There is still the owning character, but the account should have access to the plots on some level without all the hassle of making sure they do.

I suppose the balance between what the players want and game design can be a fine line at times. From reading through these forums, some issues seem rather small in the grand scheme of things, but are definitely things that should be looked into at some point. Time and people on the development side is probably the larger hinderance though Don't worry Tulga Horizons is on an upswing

I'd like to see this as well.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

As would we. It's on the to-do list, but keeps getting bumped. It's not trivial in the systems that it touches. It stays on the to-do list and not the pony list.
    David Bowman

Good to know. That poor pony is loaded up as it is. ;-)
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Dravatar

Count my vote for this as well. Thanks for the information on where it stands.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14124 (similar suggestion)

yes would be very nice to have this feature

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Good to know. That poor pony is loaded up as it is. ;-)
    Indeed...that pony is so loaded and overworked I'm waiting for Tulga to get a call from the ASPCA!

But yes I'll tip my hat towards this feature. It's nice to know it's being worked on. Thank you.

Woot... tis on the To do list... Im sure I can rest assured in saying this.. that all my alts appreciate it..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Not me! No way. I don't trust one of my alts...not one bit

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Not me! No way. I don't trust one of my alts...not one bit
    yea they do tend to be a bit on the goofy untrusting side dont they

Whew. I was about to write a post requesting this...good thing I did a search first.

I've currently got two lairs and no good way to set rooms for public use, private use, and friends use. As it stands, I have a very small list of trusted friends who can access ALL the storage rooms, because it's currently the only way my alts can access all the storage, as well.

Additionally... I don't know if this has been suggested, or if it's on the pony list by now, but I vaguely remember hearing that having a separate friends list per structure was on the pony list. I was thinking that a simpler solution would just be to have four choices per structure: allow all, deny all, guild only, and friends only. The friends only selection would use the same list of friends that your plot/lair permissions list uses. Of course, this may be what I heard, only I misunderstood.

I too was considering putting a suggestion in on this topic and whallah... it was here already...

Mr. Bowman, I'm glad to see it on the "To Do" list.. I know, although none have posted here, that my guildmates would also like their alts to have ready access to their various properties...
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    As would we. It's on the to-do list, but keeps getting bumped. It's not trivial in the systems that it touches. It stays on the to-do list and not the pony list.
    Thanks for your answer to an issue i'd also like to be implemented.

Even if i might never see it myself, as a player on a dying shard ...

Tarpan

Well... lots of posts about this already...
    And still no change in sight...

I'd add a suggestion here :
    Keep the plot permission as they are if you want as nearly nobody uses them...
    and for each building, instead of guild/all/none, use access lists as for files in NTFS partitions : you can give several people or groups several rights ( use for tools, put or get for storage ), so it's easy to let guild(group) and friends(groups based on groups you make in friends list or individual names), and alts( from their names ) access what you want them able to use.

Thread Information