Thread: New Computer....

Default New Computer....

I got 2.0 .Net loaded, and thought I just logged in through a web browser (IE), and "start" the game, and it would start the install.

That last part isn't happening. Wazzup?

Ah, got it going. Thanks anyways.

you should always try and give an description of what fixed your problem - so others can use if necessary. I am glad you are able to get in game with your new computer tho
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Dotcher

You'll need enough of the client installed for the patcher to run - at a minimum, that's the 33mb Small Installer from the download page.

Dravatar

I'm not saying that .NET Framework 2.0 won't work with HZ, but I believe the 1.1 version is recommended.

My "fix":

Initially, made two attempts to download the full game. Both times, the file was "corrupted" (each attempt taking 3 hours presumably. I didn't hang around to find out if that was really accurate.)

Finally, downloaded and started the mini-launcher, and am currently in the (reportedly) longer process of doing the files one at a time. *sighs*

And finally, I have no idea one way or other at this point which is better, 1.1 or 2.0 for .NET: however, 2.0 is the version Microsoft insisted on loading. It's entirely possible, this is the reason the "full game" downloads might have been corrupted. Who knows for sure?

Anyways, in the midst of getting the files....slowly, but hopefully successfully this time.

-- Bleh --

Well, just remember, login thru the web launcher first. After you have successfully done that you can use the stand alone launcher (which is less hassle).
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

HZ needs .net 1.1 to launch. Not install or play, but launch. Having 2.0 but not 1.1 shouldn't do anything to your install.

If you have 2.0 chances are you have 1.1 too.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information