Thread: Devs: mabye you can finish what i started?

Default Devs: mabye you can finish what i started?

A few days ago I started to work on a new idea as you can see in the image

I wanted to have the features you find in the trade window to filter items in my inventory and vault window. I spent lots of hours trying to get the buttons to work. I Studied painstakingly the trade window def file where the code for filter buttons are. I did my best with my knowledge to implement this feature into the inventory window def file and as you can see i got the buttons to appear there(latest version has the far right button in an empty zone) but they are all inactive and I can have no interaction with them. from what i have been told by two devs in IRC that there is client code that also needs to be added so what i am asking if some one who has access to the client can finish the other half and we players can have a much needed filter for are inventory and vault.

ps if a dev needs the copy of my modified UIInventoryWindow.def please send me a pm and i will get it to you
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; July 5th, 2006 at 10:56 PM.

You did a lot of work effectively to make a suggestion. Yeah, I can do that. Not sure when; I'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    You did a lot of work effectively to make a suggestion. Yeah, I can do that. Not sure when; I'll see.
    Ohh can't wait to see this ingame, but take all time it needs!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    Woot, Im glad you will put this in your list of things to do Smeglor. Hope it will be soon, I think this new feature will really help the player base.

Blue;
    Once again you have a very helpful idea and have worked out many of the details. Your mods keep our imaginationand dreams alive.
    Chef
    [ gnome pilot from order ]

the bad thing about this mod at the moment for me is that I still got it on my game so when ever i use my inventory I want to click those sorting buttons, but they don't work

Default Re: Devs: mabye you can finish what i started?

Bump, mabye a new dev can look at this?

Just a question, Blue, what if your inventory window isn't that wide? I have a nice little section for mine to fit into, but if I had those icons (which I'd like to have!) then it wouldn't fit anymore.

I have made some revamps since I posted the topic. the buttons are now layed out with good spacing between the existing buttons and you can resize your window to. When you resize your window to be small basically the new buttons will disappear one by one as the window gets smaller, but with the pre-existing buttons remaining in the forefront. also on my pc i have it now that the buttons will react to a mouse over but if i click on it the game crashes. this is were i need a dev to come in and finish my project, since i don't have access the client

i love it!!

This'd be extremely nice. Would save anyone from having seperate bags taking up space in their inventory, vault or whatnot. this'd just organize everything perfectly fine with the click of a button :]

I'd really love to see this getting implemented.

Great suggestion.

Definitely handy.

found this old suggestion so im bumpin it. the screen shot shows the inventory window and vault having the filters to sort items like a trade can...I no longer have the image or the def file that was 3 pcs ago

Thread Information