Thread: Guild management tools

Default Guild management tools

I'd like tosuggest a fewenhancements to the guild management screen:

1) Add a column displaying the name of the first character on that player's account to join the guild

2) Add the option to remove all characters on a given account, ejecting not only the offending character, but all of their alts as well.

I'd also like to see the following permissions added:

Access guild-only silos
    Access all guild-only properties

As with add member, expel member, change MOTD, etc., these permissions could be assigned to different ranks as desired by the individual guild.

Comments welcome.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Guild management tools

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    1) Add a column displaying the name of the first character on that player's account to join the guild
    A nice idea but I've addressed this with my non-guild in a different way.

Each person in TP has their own rank title. They get to come up with a name for it, whatever they want as long as it fits in the column without being cut off (that column doesn't expand when the window is expanded). This way, when they have an alt that they join TP with, the alt gets put into the persons specific rank title and all anyone has to do is look at the members list, sort by rank, and see who everyone else is.

I know this isn't something most real-guilds would want to do though but figured I'd stick it out there. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    I know this isn't something most real-guilds would want to do though but figured I'd stick it out there. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    Not an easy task with 150 members, no. [;)]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I'd also like to see some sort of guildleader function that will allow you to see a listing of who was added to the guild recently (last week maybe?) and by whom. I'd like a listing of who left the guild recently. It would be nice too if the person could trigger a small 'exit interview' function to allow them to give a reason for leaving, if they choose. Then let guildleaders have access to this 'exit interview' as part of the report of who has left.

Darkgloom

Man, Alladania, that would be really nice, especially, a function to see who joined recently. It's really tough to keep up on who just joined with a ton of members. I like to send each new guild member some sort of greeting, check to see how they are coming along. It would be great to be able to somehow see the members that are new and check them off as they come in, that way you could check and see who was new and maybe send em a tell.

Something else that would be great, would be if any toons from the same account say so, so that you can see each alt. We watch to see if someone is inactive for 30 days, and if they don't post an AFG on the forum so that we know they are gone, they are deleted from the guild, although if they come back and have a reasonable explanation for being gone they are welcome to come back. Since sometimes people get involved in one toon and don't use another toon as often, they can sometimes go over 30 days without using that toon, and since it's hard to keep track of everyone's alts with a lot of members, their alt could very easily be deleted by mistake. It would be a great thing to see what is an alt and what's not.

Darkgloom

I'd like to resurrect this thread. We really need a tool for guildleaders that shows all adds and removals from the guild list since last login. I keep an online list to coordinate alts and property locations and any other notes we need - like extended absences. When I log out and have 286 people and log in to 285, that's a lot of names to go through to see who left.

As an additional feature, not sure a guildleader management thing, I'd like a toggle in the player list for 'include all guild members'. I like to acknowledge our guildies as they log in and it's hard keeping up the list manually. Plus the list doesn't transfer between characters.

Please give this some thought, dear dear Devs.

Maybe in addition to the character information displayed in the chart format currently, you could have a column for date joined and a column for last on. At least that way I could sort by date joined and see who's new.

I like the "Guild-Only access to storage / silos" option...

Sometimes when we recruit... you never know what you are going to get... and some of our silos / storage are used by guild members to do their contruction. It would be sad to "all of a sudden" see a storage full of platinum bars end up on a pawn broker because the new player "needed cash to buy a lair"

The ability to lock out new recruits access to guild aligned storage is an excellent idea.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I also remember seeing mention of guild leaders being given more control over the buying and selling of guild plots. This is another idea I'd really like to see implemented.
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    I like the "Guild-Only access to storage / silos" option...

Sometimes when we recruit... you never know what you are going to get... and some of our silos / storage are used by guild members to do their contruction. It would be sad to "all of a sudden" see a storage full of platinum bars end up on a pawn broker because the new player "needed cash to buy a lair"

The ability to lock out new recruits access to guild aligned storage is an excellent idea.
    I fully agree. I'd have had the chance to invite new players to my guild a dozen times - finally i didn't as we had bad things happening on Unity. There were bad players, creating new alts and joining guilds with them. Those "Trojan Horses" were used to empty silos and all kinds of houses.

wishes.
    1) Id like to be able to add a group in the guild... and set a tier for it in the middle someplace without having to re-write all the tiers as they are currently set.

2) I'd be really really nice... to have a select all guild members button in the friends list.

3) Be able to set buildings/silos to a specific guild rank tier access. ie you have to be more then tier 5 to access the building.

4) Have all the characters of one account be linked so that at least the guild leadership can more easily know who is who.

5) Know who has joined / left since my last login... that would have been extremely nice since our guild just merged with another...

6) Have a way to see the the coords of guildmembers Plots... Works out great if your trying to see if anyone in the guild needs help building up, but dont know exactly where their place is... hard to remember 80+ plot locations, specially when they move when your logged out.

I have more someplace.. but Im at work now and cant access my wish list for the guild interface here...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

i for one would like for any of these in game.

Two guild-related items are already on my schedule. I can't give a timeframe - things are added to my schedule all the time (and not necessarily always at the bottom).

One is to add a guild permission (a new thing you can give to the ranks of your choice) for access to structures set to Guild Only. This means you can have new guild members go through a trial period before they can access guild structures.

The other is another permission for buying a guild plot, if your guild owns a guild community. Again, as above, this gives the guildmaster the ability to control who is "worthy" of a plot. Note that once someone owns a plot, however, this will not take it away from them. This permission only controls if they can purchase a guild plot.

We have finally come up with a way in our guild screen for me to track new players. The lowest rank used to be aspirant. Those that stay and play regularly are elevated to member. We have some that remain as aspirant for various reasons. We now have a new lowest rank called 'add to list'. I can search by rank name and find the new people immediately. As soon as I add them to my off-line list, I change them to aspirant. This doesn't help finding people that have left, but has been a huge help with additions. I thought I'd share.

I knew you'd come up with something Alla... you always do.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thread Information