Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: up time?

Default up time?

did i miss the post that stated when the game might be back up and running?

i've devoted my time to Hz, but i do have a short attention span LOL another hour or so and might wander off.

thats pretty much how i found this game; got bored with downtime, went web surfing, found Hz, downloaded and bingo got hooked.

please don't let me wander off again i really do like playing and the community is the best, toss me a cookie or something

<hardcore online gamer since AOL's NWN>

There's BIG patch that's being put in now, so I wouldn't expect the servers to be up for at least another couple hours.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Turgod

Yes it is a big patch, and the onlt answer is: keep checking back.

As for me, I' gonna head and make money in my cab.

See ya'll in-game sooner or later

Axeswithwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    There's BIG patch that's being put in now, so I wouldn't expect the servers to be up for at least another couple hours.

werent they taken down around 5am ? thats almost 10 hours now... seems a little excessive even for a big patch :P

Ophelea

For every external item you see patched figure on 3-5 internal items.

Now, count the externals:

http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=167

Kashel

Are we credited for this time? *checks his watch* Granted, I can't fathom what is involved in 'patching' a server, but I would think they would take a copy of the chaos or order server, test the patching process to get an idea of how long it would take to implement, take the servers down, and tell us "It should be up around this time." I mean, IT is great in the fact that you can make copies of digital data, and run scenarios before it becomes disruptive to customers.

Maybe they don't have a spare server? Take down blight, back it up, and use it as a test bench before the patch.

I imagine the process has to deal with taking the server program itself, replacing it with the modified version (if any), adjusting scripted items (such as quests) and them importing customer data (accounts and world items).
    I've never run a server like this before. I've only emulated UO shards, and I've no idea how the code is designed for Horizons, but having it take this long makes me start to wonder if something didn't go wrong.

Granted, something always goes wrong, but that's why you test it before you actually implement it!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeswithwolves
    werent they taken down around 5am ? thats almost 10 hours now... seems a little excessive even for a big patch :P
    There have been times where its gone 18+ hours before with follow on patches the next 1-4 days.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Kashel
    Are we credited for this time? *checks his watch*
    I recall the EULA explicitly states planned downtimes are not credited back.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    I recall the EULA explicitly states planned downtimes are not credited back.
    Patches are not down time.

They're when you get to go to Blight and test!

Or go outside and see the sun!

Or or or...

Post on the forums lots and lots and lots.

Zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    Patches are not down time.

They're when you get to go to Blight and test!

Or go outside and see the sun!

Or or or...

Post on the forums lots and lots and lots.
    Did she just tell us to spam the forums?

Ah well, that's okay. Gives me time to work on a new sig.

Well looks like i get to play my Fall from Heaven mod for CIV4 after all. 9 hours in and the leading evil race. Time to take out that other evil race I think. There can only be ONE!

Phezule

Hi. I am brand new here.

*throws a rotten apple at Ophelea*

*hides in the trunk of Turgod's cab*

Hiya Phezule.

The servers will be up when they are ready to play on. Relax, soak up some rays, enjoy what is.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Hey hey none of the now. Ophelea helped me out here speaking of which is this the patch that that fixes was going to go in for the Chiconis lair?

Phezule

It was a very rotten apple, soft... like a kitten

In fact...

*looks for his kitten*

Phezule

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Hiya Phezule.

The servers will be up when they are ready to play on. Relax, soak up some rays, enjoy what is.
    Thanks Klaus
    I was just kidding I am not in any rush.

Ladies and gentlemen, start your patchers!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

It's alive! It's alive! and dang to much time reading the boards.

What? Did I hear somthing about the devs using Blight to test? I don't know what they really are doing with Blight, but it can't be testing..... And Hi all. }:=8)

Crazy that servers have been down all day. }:=8(

Kendorah

Talking Game up!

woot, were back online!

Thread Information