Thread: Italy / France Final

Default Italy / France Final

Italy for the win!

xeorcia

shoot out in a sport is lame .... rather see a real win

Quote Originally Posted by xeorcia
    shoot out in a sport is lame .... rather see a real win
    I agree...not a fan of penalty kicks. At least we go to see this, though...

/mode snarky on

But of course, you know there were plenty of white flags available.

/mode snarky off
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Kipeo
    I agree...not a fan of penalty kicks. At least we go to see this, though...
    wonder if he would consider a future as an ice hockey coach. I can think of a team or two that could use his technique <grins>

anyway, bravo Italia on getting it done.
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

as it seems i'm the only/last italian here......i can sing:

WEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS...MY FRIEEENNDDSSSS.....
    Paolo - Kenpa - Unity shard
    Guild "I protettori dell'antico codice"
    100 Paladin - Reaver - Mage - Druid - Healer - Spiritist - Conjurer / currently building Guardian
    Many Dragon's eye-teeths on his Zealot

Shudian Gun - Unity Shard
    True lunus making its A.R.o.P.
    57M of hoard (thanks to Paolo )

Just in from The London Times:
    With many conflicting versions of events circling on the internet and in the world’s media, The Times enlisted the help of an expert lip reader, Jessica Rees, to determine the precise nature of the dialogue that caused Zidane to react in such a manner.
    After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane “the son of a terrorist **********” before adding “so just f*** off” for good measure, supporting the natural assumption that the Frenchman must have been grievously insulted.
    Sticks and stones, Zhidane, sticks and stones . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

... and since the FIFA rules state that racist insults invariable cost the team 3 points and if that is not possible, the team is disqualified, there is a very real threat for Italy to lose the championship after all in the air now.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    there is a very real threat for Italy to lose the championship after all in the air now.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    100 Paladin - Reaver - Mage - Druid - Healer - Spiritist - Conjurer / currently building Guardian

Well Grats on Italy's win but equal shame for France and Italy over the Zidane Headbutt to whatever Materazzi said. Zero in sportsmanship for sure.
    Looking back, I think the best team has not won the World Cup at all
    ========================
    | ()""'() ~~Have A Good Day!~~
    | ( 'o' ) ****Hehehehe****
    =(,)=(,)==================

Well Grats on Italy's win but equal shame for France and Italy over the Zidane Headbutt to whatever Materazzi said. Zero in sportsmanship for sure.
    ========================
    | ()""'() ~~Have A Good Day!~~
    | ( 'o' ) ****Hehehehe****
    =(,)=(,)==================

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo
    AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    I'm serious. It may just be that the italian journals do not like to put this into the news. (wonder why )

You might think that what I post here is due to the fact that Italy won over Germany. Well its not. Because Italy won fair and square over Germany in that game. They were the better team on that day.

If the cup was taken away from them I would be sorry for the italian fans, for they are good fans (even though your gloating, Paolo, is a little too much), and I would be sorry for Lippi, because he is an exceptional trainer.

I would not be sorry for those Italian players that are involved in the big referee-bribing scandal -- they really damaged the reputation of football. And most of all, I wouldn't be sorry for Materazzi, for if he really said what he allegedly said to Zidane, he is a man without honor.

The end result being that Zidane simply should have kept his temper in check.

Snickel, have u never playe soccer? It's normal to be insulted during a match, especially from the low tecnic player.....

So, let me understand one thing:
    Materazzi (not a so good player) insult Zidane;
    Zidane hits Materazzi;
    WC to France?!?!?

...excuse me, but i can't stop laughing!

http://www.spinchat.de/zidane

I love this game...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo
    Snickel, have u never playe soccer? It's normal to be insulted during a match, especially from the low tecnic player.....

So, let me understand one thing:
    Materazzi (not a so good player) insult Zidane;
    Zidane hits Materazzi;
    WC to France?!?!?

...excuse me, but i can't stop laughing!
    There are insults and insults -- I don't know in what kind of environment you grew up but there are regions in every country where it is considered a loss of honor if you do not get into an instant fight when a certain insult is uttered.

I didn't and so I am free and can ignore such insults. Zidane, however, grew up in the outskirts of Marseilles. And there a headbutt is the least that follows if the mother or the sister are insulted.

I am sorry that he let his temper run away with him. Yes, I think it was wrong.

As for the the reason why the official investigation could result in the loss of the cup, however, its because of the FIFA rules (you have heard of the FIFA, I presume?)

And these rules state clearly that if a racist insult occurs during play, the team has to be punished by loss of 3 points or if that isn't possible by loss of match. We can discuss if these rules are good or bad or convenient -- but that is beside the point. These are the rules. And they allow no leeway.

It is not a personal opinion that I stated here, but the facts. Read the FIFA rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Star

Yep, Brazil or Portugal should have won it all...
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Jay Leno last night: "The biggest problem for the upcoming G-8 summit will be keeping the French minister from headbutting the Italian minister." *winks*
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Thread Information