Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Notes

Default Blight Notes

From Horizons' main website:
    The following additions, changes and fixes will be applied to the Blight shard for testing on Tuesday, July 11, 2006:
    Please post feedback on any testing in our Blight Testing Forum
    Adventurer:
    • Constrict Blood will no longer stack with itself or Lessen Health.
    • Flame Attack will no longer stack with Energy or Ice Attack spells.
    • Cleaned up the loot tables on Ogre Zombies, removing extra clutter.
    • Cleaned up the loot tables on Abominations of Agony, removing extra clutter.
    • Cleaned up the loot tables on Abominations of Fear, removing extra clutter.
    • Cleaned up the loot tables on Abominations of Terror, removing extra clutter.
    • Cleaned up the loot tables on Abominations of Pain, removing extra clutter.
    • Cleaned up the loot tables for Blue Vexator, removing extra clutter.
    • Adjusted the treasure tables of Travertine and Travertine Boulder Golems.
    • Sand Scarabs will no longer drop sand as treasure.
    • Added crystals to the loot tables for Tier 5 Withered Aegis.
    • Added crystals to the loot tables for Tier 6 Withered Aegis.
    • Primal and Tooth & Claw Jewelry crystals will no longer drop as loot.
    Community:
    • New confectioner resource regions can be found on Genevia Island.
    • Added a new Dragon guild community named Kir'drakul on the island of Drakul.
    • Resized the plots in Garnet Bay, Cedar's Cove, and Sandstone Bluffs on Genevia Island.
    Crafting/Gathering:
    • Unfocused Dark Azulyte can now be consigned.
    • Corrected the XP awards on the Expert Essence Orb Enchantment formula and Journeyman Essence Orb Enchantment for Glowing and Bright Purified Orbs and regular Orbs.
    • Solistan now has an emblem to award for players who have completed all 19crafting schools.
    • Beginner and Journeyman Cooking Knife formula is available on Blacksmith trainers.
    • Baltorris will now properly give out the Master Fabric Spool form.
    • Journeyman Festival Fireworks formula now requires 400 alchemy to scribe.
    • Corrected the skill requirements and XP for producing lower tier products when using the Journeyman Invisible Hide Cap and Expert Invisible Hide Cap formulas.
    • Corrected the skill requirements and XP for producing lower tier products when using the Journeyman Invisible Hide Mask and Expert Invisible Hide Mask formulas.
    • Adjusted the skill and XP value of the Imbued Gold Clasp on the Helian Phylactery Formula.
    • Unblighted Thornwood Trees are now found east of Harro.
    • Silk will now give Unspun Ironsilk as a bonus when harvested.
    Crystals:
    • Pale Erosion Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Dusky Divinia Crystals now require adventure level of 10.
    • Pale Divinia Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Incineration Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Dementia Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Decaying Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Exsanguinating Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Corrosive Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Lacerating Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Bludgeoning Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Puncturing Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Indestructible Armor Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Indestructible Jewelry Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Impenetrable Armor Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Impenetrable Jewelry Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Pale Invulnerable Armor Crystals now require adventure level of 20.
    • Adjusted the coin and hoard values for all crystals.
    • Corrected the icons of all weapon crystals to properly match their socket.
    • Corrected the icons of Indestructible, Impenetrable, and Invulnerable Jewelry crystals to properly match their socket.
    • Added descriptions to Lesser, Standard, Greater and Exceptional Shining Crystals of Holding.
    • Dark Stat Crystals are now on a shared timer with a recycle of 60 minutes.
    • Light Stat Crystals are now on a shard timer with a recycle of 60 minutes.
    • Dark and Light Stat Crystals and Resistance/Ward Crystals have had their consumed effect increased.
    Items/Techniques:
    • Technique “Adventure: Blight IIIâ€? now uses a Desert Wolf Fang instead of Myloc Hair.
    • Technique “Craft: Foraging IIIâ€? now uses a Kwellen Ice Shard instead of Myloc Hair.
    • Technique “Spell: Flame Range IIIâ€? now uses a Resistant Fyakki Eye instead of Myloc Hair.
    • Techinque “Spell: Flame IIIâ€? now uses a Resistant Fyakki Eye instead of Myloc Hair.
    • Technique “Spell: Covalence IIIâ€? now uses a Greater Ghost Vapor instead of Myloc Hair.
    • Technique “Spell: Bane IIIâ€? now uses a Crushing Ogre Club Splinter instead of Myloc Hair.
    • Technique “Spell: Derange IIIâ€? now uses a Greater Skeleton Skull instead of Myloc Hair.
    • Technique “Adventure: Unamed IIIâ€? now uses a Ruxus Heart instead of Myloc Hair.
    • Technique “Defense: Mind Resistance IIIâ€? now uses Wraith Master Ectoplasm instead of Myloc Hair.
    • Technique “Defense: Blight Ward IVâ€? now uses Mighty Mummy Wrappings instead of a Myloc Hag Foot.
    • Withered Bane technique can now be applied to primal spells.
    • Technique “Adventure: Unamed Vâ€? now uses a Veteran Mummy Wrappings instead of Kwellen Energy Nodes.
    • Moss-Covered Club will affect the target, not the wielder of the club.
    • Withered Essence Fragments are now stackable and tradeable.
    Lairshaping:
    • Adjusted the XP values for the Lairshaping product, Lodestones.
    • Adjusted the XP values for the Lairshaping product, Cast Stones.
    • Adjusted the XP values for the Lairshaping product, Tri-Cut Gems.
    • Lowered the uncut gem resource requirements for Tri-Cut Gems.
    Monsters/AI:
    • Lapis Lazuli Golems are no longer social.
    • Greater Water Golems are no longer social.
    • Sandstone Pebble Golems are no longer social.
    • Sandstone Golems are no longer social.
    • Malachite Golems are no longer social.
    • Wind Golems are no longer social.
    • Nickel Golems are no longer social.
    • Enraged wisps are no longer social
    • Vexator of all types are no longer social
    • Skalkaar Sand Beetles are no longer social
    • Giant Fire, Flame and Ice Beetles are no longer social
    • Small and Standard Ice Beetles are no longer social
    • Small and Standard Snow Beetles are no longer social
    • Flame and Fire Beetles are no longer social
    • Marble Golems are no longer social.
    • Mithril Golems are no longer social.
    • Garnet Golems are no longer social.
    • Increased the maximum number of Blighted Thornwood Trees.
    • Added a named Travertine Golem to the Travertine stone region.
    • Adjusted the spawn rate of Travertine Golems.
    • Adjusted the spawn rate of Shining Wisps in the Yew Forest.
    • Adjusted the Saritova Golem and Treant spawns.
    • Enraged Radiant Wisps can be found among the Blighted Thornwood
    • Gruoks and Wolves southeast of Kion will no longer spawn on the road.
    • Ruxus Flank can now be gathered from dead Ruxus
    • Arbotus Flank can now be gathered from dead Arbotus
    • Enraged Wisps now do ethereal damage.
    • Red Tusks will now patrol with other Wild Gruoks rather than Winter Wolves.
    Quests:
    • The Witherd Bane quest will better explain how to complete the Withered Bane for all trade items, not just the Hide Strips.
    • The quest “Mage's Quest: Prove your Skills to Ulaven!â€? will now properly tell you to kill hatchlings, not just “brown spidersâ€?
    • The quest “Mage's Quest: Assisting the Spell Vendorâ€? will now tell players to loot the proper type of ectoplasm.
    • Quest “Solve the Hermit's Riddlesâ€? will now accept Wraith Master Ectoplasm.
    • Quest “Blacksmith: High Demand for Large Axesâ€? will no longer require you to speak with Guran if you already have large axes or the formula.
    • Blacksmith quests on New Trismus are no longer repeatable.
    • Quest “Blacksmith: Bronze Maces for the Militiaâ€? will no longer require you to speak with Guran if you already have bronze maces or the formula.
    • Quest “Blacksmith: Cedar Staves for the Magesâ€? will no longer require you to speak with Guran if you already have cedar staves or the formula.
    • Quest “Blacksmith: Help Put the Work Back in Stoneworkingâ€? will no longer require you to speak with Guran if you already have sandstone chisels or the formula.
    • Quest “Blacksmith: Help the Gatherer Gather Woodâ€? will no longer require you to speak with Guran if you already have tree axes or the formula.
    • Updated the quest “Help Arrange the Food and Music for the Wedding!â€? to include the Orb of Truth.
    • Added eight crafting-trophy quests to Frig Tallowgar at the Imperial Outpost.
    • Nielenoss will no longer re-greet you when he gives you his quest.
    • The quest “Trials of the Giftedâ€? will now properly give out the “Giftedâ€? passive ability.
    • Added 3-part quest series to the NPC Jolan on Spider Isle SE of Kion.
    • Added a bounty quest to Commander Jaleo of the Kion Militia.
    • Added a new quest to Rancher Elden on New Trismus.
    • Added two new quests to Farmer Idamon near Sslanis.
    • Added three new quests (written by LaughingOtter) to Ssoren the Sslanis Town Marshall.
    • Added a new quest (written by LaughingOtter) to Fillet the Confectioner Trainer in Sslanis.
    Client:
    • Crystals can no longer be installed or removed from items that are equipped.
    • Fixed some issues preventing accounts from being deleted properly.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

There are many, many good fixes here--too many to comment upon. But I will say the implementation of new unblighted thornwood trees is a wonderful first step toward assuaging the worries of many a veteran crafter.

Well done!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    There are many, many good fixes here--too many to comment upon. But I will say the implementation of new unblighted thornwood trees is a wonderful first step toward assuaging the worries of many a veteran crafter.

Well done!

This looks like a wonderfull patch. Nice work Devs. I've got to admit, I thought it was a fake once I was around half way down. I had to go to the news page and check it
    Lumineux Talar

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    For those who don't get the reference, the front of the book says "Don't Panic"
    It's also printed in large, friendly letters.

well, now I don't know if this should be posted here
    or in Blight Test, so it's in both:
    • Dark Stat Crystals are now on a shared timer with a recycle of 60 minutes.
    • Light Stat Crystals are now on a shard timer with a recycle of 60 minutes.
    Rather than put them on shared timers, why not just make the benefits
    non-stackable, and leave out the timer? The end result would be the same:
    i.e., I could have up to one Light crystal and one Dark crystal active at any
    given time, but without the shared timer, I have the option of removing the
    effect and consuming a different stat crystal, if say, 20 minutes later I move
    on to a different prey, and decide I could use a different stat boost.

Edited for Clarity (I hope):

Amon, to clarify -- just make Dark Crystal benefits non-stackable;
    the Light Crystal benefits non-stackable; and do away with the
    timer for each.
    Last edited by Helcat; July 11th, 2006 at 03:21 AM.
    Got Cowbell?

• Added crystals to the loot tables for Tier 5 Withered Aegis.
    • Added crystals to the loot tables for Tier 6 Withered Aegis.
    Worth noting that some of these crystals are the should-have-existed-in-loot-tables tier V and tier VI statistic armor/jewelry/tool/weapon crystals. Tier V gives you +55 to either strength, power, dexterity, focus, or armor (more for health), and Tier VI gives +65 to these statistics when equipped.

Those looking for really good lewt might want to take a look when this hits live.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

yay I see the invisible rough hide cap form is fixed! Thanks guys
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Default *Coughs*

For the record, this was all being done BEFORE last weeks patch went live. There is foresight in design.
    And this is where communication comes in again. If you dont want the populace to panic, forewarn them.

But all-in-all, there looks like there is some really good stuff in this patch. I look forward to it hitting the live servers.

I am glad I got to 81st level dragon crafter before the nerf... everyone keeps saying "what a nice looking patch coming" but what they fail to realize is:

Lairshaping:
    • Adjusted the XP values for the Lairshaping product, Lodestones.
    • Adjusted the XP values for the Lairshaping product, Cast Stones.
    • Adjusted the XP values for the Lairshaping product, Tri-Cut Gems.
    • Lowered the uncut gem resource requirements for Tri-Cut Gems.
    Only the last thing is a good thing... 1:1:1 = 1 tricut!!! lattices may not suck so bad soon!

The other 3 will mean the end of dragons getting quick crafting levels for doing something that was by game design. ROP bound dragons in our guild were helped tremendously by my hall being constructed.

1 storage (3125) slate bricks + 2 storage (2500 & 625) pale essence in my lair with a stoneworking chamber allowed dragons to vault from 26th to 32nd level making cast stones (YMMV) I made sure they were getting 3:1 on cast stones with teched scales. Another storage setup full gets you from 32nd to 36 or 37th (2:1) and after that... another storage setup gets you from 37th to 41st...

So for 9375 bricks and essence, you can go from 26th to 42nd level dragon crafter. Of course it takes time to prep all of those bricks and essence, and transport costs for the essence... but now all of that is going to change. It will be much harder to gain experience from the base units needed for lairshaping and an era comes to an end.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I can't help being a little excited about confectioner items coming through, I want to make the ruxus really regret eating me But I hope they can get the character transfer issues fixed soon, my lil Blight Kel is only on t1.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Vasden

Default Golem Rights!

[*] Lapis Lazuli Golems are no longer social.[*] Greater Water Golems are no longer social.[*] Sandstone Pebble Golems are no longer social.[*] Sandstone Golems are no longer social.[*] Malachite Golems are no longer social.[*] Wind Golems are no longer social.[*] Nickel Golems are no longer social.[*] Marble Golems are no longer social.[*] Mithril Golems are no longer social.[*] Garnet Golems are no longer social.
    A golem nerf! This is an outrage, all us golems want to do is live in peace, and now you make it more difficult for us to respond in to the cries of help from my brothers.
    For years we have endured the mindless slaughter of our kind, and I never understood why the small flesh golems and lizard creatures enjoyed hunting us so.

All we want is our dignity.

I’m gonna go kill noobs in warcraft…..

Argen
    Former clan leader of the silver golems

Tantalyr,

You make my head spin.

*grins*

For the record, this was all being done BEFORE last weeks patch went live. There is foresight in design. Sometimes, you get bad and good. The key is, not to panic.

*turns on flippant and hands out copies of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to everyone*

Flippant off.

For those who don't get the reference, the front of the book says "Don't Panic"

More good on the way; more not so good, too.
    In response to your missive in the Discussion forum here I stated that if the developers were to rethink stripping out Tier VI resources, "I will be the first to applaud them here and in game."

Just being true to my word.

Quote Originally Posted by Aria
    yay I see the invisible rough hide cap form is fixed! Thanks guys
    *chuckle*... only took 13 months.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    In response to your missive in the Discussion forum here I stated that if the developers were to rethink stripping out Tier VI resources, "I will be the first to applaud them here and in game."

Just being true to my word.
    As I am also true to my word, If this actually corrects the issue then I too will give praise when and where its due....
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

OK, Last night I went out to gather thorwood and tavertine. In 1 hour 45 min, I was able to collect 1421 logs from killing treants ( a grand total of 14 ) and 55 blighted logs ( 1 lone tree ). This effort came to a grand total of 277 boards. ( only have a jman shop and I was as buffed and geared as I could be, and a 100 gatherer )

The increasing of the thornwood spawn, to any degree is a welcome move BACK to the right direction. Many of the other changes are also positive and worth noting. Well done!

That said, I understand that some of this was already in the works, designed and worked on before. I just find it totally disengenuous, to have us believe that the thornwood change was not a response to the massive cries from the veteran players.

I'm still of mixed feelings about removing the class req from the deluxe standish disks.

Adjusted the Lodestone XP how much I wonder...

I guess we find out soon.

Most of the rest of the changes sound awesome, though. I just hope they didn't hit the Lodestones _too_ hard. Maybe they gave a lot of XP but I hope they didn't run them completely into the dirt either. I guess I will be waiting for someone to test them out on Blight...

--Dhalin

Three boards a minute?! Or, more to the point, 14 logs a minute?! And you're complaining?! Or are you saying that upon testing it you realize it isn't as bad as you thought? Cause frankly, that sounds like a pretty good rate to me given that you're talking about something that is supposed to be rare.

Do the math out the rest of the way. To collect the boards needed for a T6 guild house assuming you worked at this rate would only require about 110 man hours. Given that most players that dedicated to the game will play at least 20 hours a week (most way more), it would take this SINGLE player slightly more than a month to collect these boards on their own. Given that T6 construction has been stated to be rare, and a community effort... Well... the only conclusion I can come to is that your testing last night proved that things are exactly where they need to be for T6.

(Note that this is my opinion as a PLAYER, nothing official. And I do realize it isn't going to be a popular one at all, but I am as allowed to express my opinions as anyone else is. )

Edit: Ooops .. in running the numbers in my head again I realized I forgot apply rates, so double all those numbers above. In which case I'll change my conclusion to "Sounds about right to me".
    Last edited by Velea; July 11th, 2006 at 01:57 PM.

Honestly, do you think anyone would want to spend 110 hours just for one resource on one soon to be obsolete structure?
    There is a line between fun and excessive grinding.

Sounds like a real feeling of having accomplished something when you and your friends get together to build this for your guild... so... Umm... Yep, I call that fun. No grinding to it, as I see it. You're setting a goal for yourself and accomplishing it.

Remember, no one's forcing you to make this, AA0. And as you yourself pointed out, the structure isn't all that great in and of itself. It is a "trophy structure" that says "I did it!!". A lot like any completed dragon lair out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    Given that most players that dedicated to the game will play at least 20 hours a week (most way more), it would take this SINGLE player slightly more than a month to collect these boards on their own.

Edit: Ooops .. in running the numbers in my head again I realized I forgot apply rates, so double all those numbers above. In which case I'll change my conclusion to "Sounds about right to me".
    Oh, only 2 months for a single resource, day after day after day of playing. Fun, fun, fun.
    Sorry, I already have a job. A PAYING one. If I am going to spend so much time WORKING in this game, I better quit, and spent all that lost time, filling bags for customers at the supermarket. It is equally boring as hell, but at least the last one pays. And the first one I need to pay for.

Oh but there is a reward you say. What reward. Being called a lunatic for actually building said TIER VI structures. Oh, yep, yep. I has a +15 extra bonus in comparison to the Tier V structure. To bad you spend so much time on it that you actually could have spent all that time, running around some more working with a Tier V.

If work vs reward was more in line too say. (only example given, not based on actual tests or request).
    Tier I --> Tier VI
    Stat bonus given.
    +15, +30, +45, +75, +120,+195
    And time required to build the full structure for an average player.
    1 month, 2, months, 3 months, 5 months, 8 months, 13 months

That would be acceptable. 13 months is long for a single player so in effect it becomes a group effort, a community building. But the reward is there.

Thread Information