Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough. Is. ENOUGH!!!

Think of it like this. If TG is gonna pull this move, it is going to upset GN greatly, right? Which means TG has nothing to lose from angering GN... no financial lose right? GN is probably not paying TG anything anymore, there is no service contract. I doubt Unity will get updated again, they don't want you to be stuck in a static world.

I know in the past you had to have a North American address to sign up on the NA shards, not sure when that was changed, but you definitely have not always been able to.

It's an added option. Nothing more. For some, moving will be the right choice, others will choose to stay.

Attacking TG for giving you an added option - which no Unity player is obligated to accept - is uncalled for.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default My Two Cents

Well, i dont post often, but i want to express some feelings about this matter.

I was in Beta testing this game, i enjoyed it and made it my new home. My characters were first created on wind. I went through server merger and suffered the loss of a lot of good friends during it (my own complete guild faded to nothing, 20 people having fun gone for good). I stayed.

There was the bankcruptything. I stayed, opened a second account with GN and closed my both UO accounts after eight years of playing.

I never had a sever bug, so i cant blame GN anything but silence. But silence can be deafening. But regardless of everything going wrong, friends leaving, I stayed.

I appreciate every offer any of our NA located friends is making about a restart. But nothing can be done about giving me back my hard earned 1500 craftlevels on my main. Nothing can be done about both of my 90 x 90 plots (one completly built, one im working on). Nothing can be done about the satisfaction i feel when im visiting plots which i did build on for customers, and i did build a lot. Nothing can be done about people who wont play on the NA shards for one reason or the other.

I really cant guess the woes of someone, who did leave behind unity to make a complete restart. For me its not an option, its like throwing away more than two years of fun for nothing. And getting help to powerlevel, sorry thats not my way, i for instance never leveled any of my buildingclasses through making tools. Its for me like cheating (and im not talking about the complete stuff in my houses, silos or vault).

Call me stubborn. But that did lead me through everything what happened to this game at all in the past.

So.. i will stay on unity till someone will pull the plug (and im sure someone will do it sooner or later). And after that i will look for another game. Going through all of this again isnt an option - For me the best game i played to this day will simply have an end at the day when the plug for unity is pulled.

Sorry for misspellings, since english isnt my native language and feelings sometimes make words flowing fast.

Unitarians - See you on Unity

Ash

I understand of course that characters could not be transferred, but could the devs recreate equivalent characters, one biped, one dragon max, for transferring players? And I suppose it would be necessary to extend the offer to those who transferred recently, however that would be interpreted.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Kulamata, that is an absolutely brilliant solution!

Please the gods that this can be done!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    It's an added option. Nothing more. For some, moving will be the right choice, others will choose to stay.

Attacking TG for giving you an added option - which no Unity player is obligated to accept - is uncalled for.
    QFT!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter

Yeah and you know what that option means? We don't care about unity, move to the US servers then we care about you.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    I understand of course that characters could not be transferred, but could the devs recreate equivalent characters, one biped, one dragon max, for transferring players? And I suppose it would be necessary to extend the offer to those who transferred recently, however that would be interpreted.
    I was considering something like this also. Perhaps, somehow, TG could replicate Unity by creating another shard in NA and allowing all Unity characters not a transfer, but a rebuild of sorts. I'm just not sure how this could be done (unless a designee could travel to each EU player's residence and personally do this maybe?). Probably wouldn't work too well and would take lots of resources. There should be a way though.

No Takora, it means that Tulga can't do anything about GN's horrible treatment of Unitarians, not that Tulga doesn't care.

If Tulga didn't care, they wouldn't have offered this option. The would have simply let GN kill you off.

Default there has to be a way

If you dont have the information to rebuild the characters, couldnt there be some other way to solve this issue ?

For excample .. didnt everybody who played horizons have to register on the former AE messege boards ? Couldnt you probably work out something like level rewards for account age ?

I would very much like to continue playing on NA and happily pay for that .. but leveling my tiny hatchling to an ancient just was wayyy to painfull to do it twice

Default We have several folks, on order shard

That are very happy and have stayed thusfar. It really thrills me to see these folks come over to their new home.

Default scared

sigh.. I already had clicked the link ..

I dont know .. I just cant do it. What tells me that the same thing wont happen again and just everything will stop again once I got my ancient dragon back In the end we still have no clue who is responsible for all this mess. I could be spending my money for nothing again. The only thing we got is GN pointing into TGs direction without having a clue whats right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I hope this is indeed the case. While I understand that the vast majority of Unity players would choose to leave HZ if Unity dies (and I would agree with your decision to do so. Losing my character, plot, or items would cause me to leave as well), the situation with GN is untenable. The negative publicity generated by GN is stunting HZ’s growth potential and damaging the game.

Therefore, one way or another, I hope Unity dies in the very near future. I would hope that GN would be gracious enough to sell the Unity database for what it is worth (instead of the inflated price they are almost certainly asking for it right now), but I doubt that will be the case.

While the loss of Unity players would be a blow to the culture of HZ (and I personally would lose several friends) the existence of Unity in its current state is driving away too many players to justify its continued operation.

I believe the game as a whole will be better off once Unity is finally no more.

Well, as long time Wind/Unity citizen my dying wish would be to see the fellow folks of Chaos and Order following me soon

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

In fact this IS an open attac at the whole of unity's community. No one can question that.

And don't say "Tulga can't do anything..." ... Nobody can't do anything.. blablabla... They just don't want to do anything... both sides don't... There is always a way, if you want.

There are other companies really willingly to host Horizons in the EU, and they already tried to negotiate with TG. It just was impossible... TG broke every contact with at least one of them I know about... they could offer everything unity would need...

As I said before: Problems in communication ALWAYS come from both partners...
    Last edited by Garfonso; July 14th, 2006 at 12:14 AM.

I was in bed already, but had to return to this forum and state my opinion.

After a lot of thinking I agree somewhat with Sigi.
    The email was not the style I'm used to see from Tulga.
    Not sure what made them do it, but whatever it was, I don't like it.

Unity has a good community.
    I say: we deserve better than a leeching email, listing the fluffy things unity never received due to over-and-over failed negotiations.

We deserve that OUR shard gets back in the update loop and negotiations are picked up and - for once - completed. From TG to GN till BC to DB.

Please, don't fight your fights on the players backs...
    You do this at this very moment.

best,
    Arcat

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    Well, as long time Wind/Unity citizen my dying wish would be to see the fellow folks of Chaos and Order following me soon

What a horrible thing to say. I know your hurting, but the worse thing you can do is wish this upon others. ;(

Garfonso, what are you basing this fact from? I'm sure you are just making this up. Since TG has no control over Unity's database, if those companies are negotating with TG then there is a problem.

"As much as we would like to offer that service, we do not have access to the information necessary to recreate the characters."

You could try trusting the players to supply it....
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    What a horrible thing to say. I know your hurting, but the worse thing you can do is wish this upon others. ;(
    Joa reply is actually charming compared to gopher's wish that life is better without unity.

Argh.. what a night..

best,
    Arcat

Thread Information