Thread: Hi all

Default Hi all

Hello all, especially to my family and guild mates of the Iron Circle

I've been absent because I left abruptly to visit family in rochester and my stay is becoming more and more extended.. Just didnt want to leave anyone wondering if i "left" or not, I surely didnt!! I expect to be back by the end of next weekend at the latest...I miss my kitties

Take care all and ill check my pm's ect here...

See you all soon and I hope you are all well!!
    Alexis

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Hurry up back! You have been missed!

~<Gengel>~

*smiles* I will.. just getting caught up with family

I'll have alot of catching up to do i'm sure.. its amazing what happens in Istaria in just a few weeks.. I miss you all, especially you Gengel, really *smiles* And do keep Borinn inline, I hope he hasn't been in too much trouble, he can be quite a handful !! *grins* By time I come back I'll be looking at planning another Guild Event if everyone is up to it .. maybe over the long run we can do one for all of Order, now that wouldb e fun!!

Well anyhow.. I'll keep checking back here, take care!!!

Alexis

You've been gone? Huh where have I been?

Oh just kidding hurry back I have noticed you been missing. And yes tons have happened.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

I'm back home now, see you all soon!

Tigris

Welcome back, Alexis.

Default ugh

i have had the worst problems the past what 2 weeks with my computers... i really dont want to post itall again but i blogged it at tagworld.com/redhottgarbage but just fyi im still active and DYING to get back into the game!! All in all new cpu in the mail so will have everything set back upo by about the middle of next week as this monday/tuesday i will not be home. Gah. I miss you all.. take care...

and Borinn, yes I miss you too You better behave!!!!

Ello dere lass!

Glad ta finally hear from yas. Aye, been a whille alrighty.

Hope all is well wit yer kin an kitties.

Ummm.....tis been a wee bit quiet witout yas o late, aye. All me hears is meself lately, harhar. Yeah, yeah....me been missin ya.

An wha? Misbehave? What's dat? Me not know da meanin o dat, harhar.

Hope ta see ya soon

Borinn!!!! *smiles and runs around excited* it was nice to hear from you I shall be back soon... hopefully you have not gone mad yet from talkin to yer self Do take care I'll see you soon

I think it is almost time for me to pack my bags and take a stride down another road...

I have been tryingto get in game for 2 weeks now, my game just crashes. I got in once just for it to crash again.. (as in disconnect). It is not my isp, or any lan networking ect as i can get on through my husbands computer, but thats his computer not mine, so you get the jist.

Technical support is a joke, it has been for a longtime, and i am sick of paying for something that i cant truly enjoy with those that i want to. It really sucks because I have the best time with you all, but like i said in another thread.. It's like bubble gum that has lost its flavor.

I just don't know anymore. It's a repeated cycle and It disgusts me of what this mmo world has become. Sure there is some good in it, but theres so much crap built up it makes me want to puke.

I'm done with mmo's all together, no more wow, no more daoc, no more anything for a long time. I keep my self busy with rct3 and sims and battlefield ect. That and I have begun building my doves an aviary so that will keep me busy.

Not officially gone.. but considering I cant get in and stay in game, then whats the point.

Hello Alexis,

I have a trick you can try. This was told to em by someone who had bad disconnect issues. This was apparently told to them by one of the former techy dev types. The program itself has a really **************** memory configration in it's default file. It supposedly allots a certain amount of ram and video ram usage as part of the setup. Problem is the number doesn't change based on your system and it is based on Old standards for average system memory. There is, however, a file with the lines you can change manually. Again, I was told this, I did it myself and it did improve so assume it works but dunno if it had any other consequences. Locate this file.

\Horizons\Resources\GameConst.def

Now within this file look for the following text a ways down the page.

int minSystemRAM = 512
    int minVideoRAM = 64
    int minBitDepth = 32
    int minDriveSpace = 2000

I don't know what your system specs are but I can almost guarantee it is better than the default that is set for the top two items there. Change those numbers to mach your system better and itis supposed to improve performance which in turn is supposed to improve the disconnect issues.

Keep in mind that at this point I am convinced that random disconnects is a built in FEATURE with Horizons and can not be completely eliminated

gluck.

Ebonscales
    ================================
    The Flying Gekko formerly known as "Nemesis_Expanse" and then "Lizardbreath". Flying strong once more in the skies of Order..

hm thank you i will try this, even connecting for 5 minutes is better than nothing so its worth a shot ill let you know how it works out

Thread Information