Thread: Can't log into Blight for 2 days now - auth. server down?

Default Can't log into Blight for 2 days now - auth. server down?

How come there has been 0 posts ANYWHERE on this in 2 days? Come on...

I only play on the test server, so I'm really not interested in playing on the live servers, especially with the same, weaker, lower-leveled characters.

Someone please post something about the current status of Blight.

No one knows why this is happening?

I got in once today, in the afternoon. Then had to immediately log out.

I tried again tonight, 6 times in a row, and got the authentication server is down error each time.

What's going on?

I assume by the lack of responses, this isn't happening to anyone else. Can someone respond either way?

Hi Happy

Blight was in fact down on Thursday with an authentication error.

Its up at the moment. The trick that worked with another who had auth probs was to log into Chaos or Order with a character doing a full file scan at the same time then retry Blight.

Hope this helps

Unfortunately this has not worked for me.. I would really like to play again... :/
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Thumbs down same problem here

Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    Unfortunately this has not worked for me.. I would really like to play again... :/
    This would be my 3rd day, unable to log into Blight.
    I have tried the full scan, logging into Chaos then Blight, repeated attempts to login, etc. Something had been awry since Thursday. I don't understand why some players can get in, but others can't. What changed? Same error today. I'm getting steamed.

Also, since others can log in, and due to the changing of the guard (Tugla->EI), I don't think I'll get a response to my trouble tickets any time soon.

I just tried shutting off my firewall, though I never needed to before Thursday, but anyway, SAME error message. Says it can't communicate with any authentication server.

Can anyone shed some light on what might have changed to cause this problem? Seems like some people's Blight accounts got fubar'ed after the auth. server went down on Thursday. Just a WAG (wild-assed-guess).

I'd say that I was right. Some character might have been messed up when the auth server went down.

I logged in, finally, only after using the web page and doing a recall. Also selected 'reset patcher' and 'reset client preferences'.

I think it was the recall though. Try it and see if you can log in.

Yeah, I've not been able to get in for a few days, I managed to get in for a few hours yesterday, after doing the full scan back and forth several times, but now it's not working again..
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

I was nt able to log in either, but I found out that the stand alone launcher somehow became broke again. But I was able to log in using the website.

Thread Information