Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email Sent to Tathar, he wishes it to be posted here

Default Email Sent to Tathar, he wishes it to be posted here

Dear Tathar, Thanks for taking the time to write and your input!.
    I am a gamer as well, we acquired Horizons because of its great community and potential. As it is still early I plan to listen a lot!
    We plan to maintain the Horizons gameplay in a way that supports the family friendly and mature civilization of istaria. We hope to provide in game events that will provide additional opportunities for challenges, for those who choose to participate. We plan to merge several members of EI's team with Tulga people to form the Horizons Team, this is still evolving as we build team chemistry. We hope to maintain a relationship with Gamersinfo.net.
    Our game managers will be hosting small town meetngs in-game and seeking player input before we develop our content program.

EI is not all dragons, but we are all Gamers!
    Best,
    Ed "Danu" of Chaos

Dravatar

Thanks, Peaches. This is encouraging.

Hmmm.. that seems to say that some of the TG staff might be staying on...
    100 Chaos Warrior, Cleric, Conjurer, Druid, Guardian, Mage, Monk, Shaman, Spiritist, Warrior
    82 Healer, 61 Wizard, 57 Sorcerer, 27 Battle Mage
    ------------------------------------------------
    100 Carpenter, Confectioner, Blacksmith, Enchanter, Tinkerer
    92 Mason, 91 Gatherer, 87 Weaver, 82 Miner, 78 Outfitter, 78 Tailor, 58 Alchemist, 57 Fletcher, 35 Fitter, 26 Scholar

It bothers me that even though they announce merging with the Tulga team I have only seen David and Amon at the offices the past week, and I'm not sure if they want to be here.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

0.o I don't get it. Why not just post in the forums, Danu? Why nothing more from the EI team?

Uh oh. I wonder if he should have kept his character name out

He'll be more popular than a 100 tinker/Alchemist on at prime time.

-HratLi

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    It bothers me that even though they announce merging with the Tulga team I have only seen David and Amon at the offices the past week, and I'm not sure if they want to be here.
    David briefly popped into Marketplace chat on Order, to say goodbye. So it doesn't look like he's going to be part of the New Deal.

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    Staying for now
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Thanks for posting that Peaches!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Same question for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Khoal
    0.o I don't get it. Why not just post in the forums, Danu? Why nothing more from the EI team?
    Exactly. Why let players go off into speculation spirals.. EI should post something, IMMEDIATELY. A nice "Hello, I'm the <insert job title here> of EI Interactive, and I'd like to say hi to the Hz Community and answer a few questions. We'll be scanning the boards for other questions and answering them as soon as we can", yada yada yada.

This would take all of 5 minutes. Just something to know WHO is running this game now, and that they EXIST. That's all they need to start with. EASY as Istarian pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    WELL... How long do you think this merger/buyout has been in the works? Since none of the other DEVs were at work.. seems like they knew about this for at least a week. That's a week of preparing us for what was going to happen.... A little PR goes a long way these days!
    100 Chaos Warrior, Cleric, Conjurer, Druid, Guardian, Mage, Monk, Shaman, Spiritist, Warrior
    92 Mason, 91 Gatherer, 87 Weaver, 82 Miner, 78 Outfitter, 78 Tailor, 58 Alchemist, 57 Fletcher, 35 Fitter, 26 Scholar

Quote Originally Posted by HappyFunBall
    Exactly. Why let players go off into speculation spirals.. EI should post something, IMMEDIATELY. A nice "Hello, I'm the <insert job title here> of EI Interactive, and I'd like to say hi to the Hz Community and answer a few questions. We'll be scanning the boards for other questions and answering them as soon as we can", yada yada yada.

This would take all of 5 minutes. Just something to know WHO is running this game now, and that they EXIST. That's all they need to start with. EASY as Istarian pie.
    You mean like this one,, and this one, and this one, and this one, all posted by DANU last night, HappyFunBall?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Let me ask you all to think about this...

If they were going to "maintain a relationship with gamerisnfo.net", then why didn't they do so when they worked out the sale of the game?

If they were going to keep on some of the development team from Horizons and "merge" it with their own team, why has everyone from the team been laid off with the exception of about 4 people? How are they going to get to know the development team and "merge" them when they no longer work in the offices? (And we know for a fact that many of them ARE indeed gone.)

And if Ed "Danu" of Chaos has time to answer individual emails from players, wouldn't it be better for him to instead come here and post something that we all could collectively see?

As others have pointed out already, and I'll reinforce, it doesn't make sense for them not to have come here and introduced themselves. At the VERY least the person who posted the original press release here should have begun a thread last night immediately after doing so saying "Hello, I am <such and such>. We'd like to assure you that we are still seeking your input and wish to become a part of your community. As such, please post your questions to us here and we'll respond as we have the opportunity."

After all, when someone moves in to your neighborhood, isn't it their responsiblity as much as yours to make them a part of that community? We've knocked on their door (by emailing them) inviting them to come talk to us. They have yet to answer the door and let the community get to know them. Its like we've set up a block party just for them as guest of honor and they have yet to show.

And with all due respect, Tantayr, no.... those posts don't mean a thing. He's posting as a member, he's not introduced himself to us. Nor has he asked for the communty's input.
    Last edited by Jasmeen; July 21st, 2006 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergon
    WELL... How long do you think this merger/buyout has been in the works? Since none of the other DEVs were at work.. seems like they knew about this for at least a week. That's a week of preparing us for what was going to happen.... A little PR goes a long way these days!
    Things often are never exactly as we see them, I'm certain there is far more going on behind the scene as we know or suspect.

think Iceberg.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Dravatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmeen
    If they were going to keep on some of the development team from Horizons and "merge" it with their own team, why has everyone from the team been laid off with the exception of about 4 people? How are they going to get to know the development team and "merge" them when they no longer work in the offices? (And we know for a fact that many of them ARE indeed gone.)
    I have yet to see anyone list the names of TG employees staying with the game.
    Last edited by Velea; August 29th, 2007 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    You mean like this one,, and this one, and this one, and this one, all posted by DANU last night, HappyFunBall?
    Posting a few sentence replies in other people's threads, is not the same as taking the time to write a thought out, professional, reassuring post explaining what's going to happen to us all.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Quote Originally Posted by Dravatar
    I have yet to see anyone list the names of TG employees staying with the game.
    You can cross one name off the list. David briefly popped into Order's Marketplace chat this moring and said goodbye.

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    Staying for now
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Things often are never exactly as we see them, I'm certain there is far more going on behind the scene as we know or suspect.

think Iceberg.
    I'm sure there are many things going on behind the scenes... Pardon my ignorance, I'm only a software design team lead for a fortune 50 company...

But, in my business experience, it's alot easier to design and modify code if you have someone that's experienced & familiar with the environment... It makes no sense to buyout a gaming company & then lay off the designers/coders that are behind it's functionality. Even if this is your intent, you keep them around for a while to train your new coding team!

If you wanted an iceberg, you've got one... New coders won't be proficient at project design and manipulation for some time... That "learning period" is time the player base of HZ, for the most part, isn't willing to sit by and wait for...

** Insert Titanic Theme Song **

Ok.. ok.. Everyone can stop screaming!!! It was only text.. not the actual song!
    Last edited by Sergon; July 21st, 2006 at 07:25 PM.

Orlena, just curious. Are you someone we all know,
    posting under a newly created forum name?
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergon
    I'm sure there are many things going on behind the scenes... Pardon my ignorance, I'm only a software design team lead for a fortune 50 company...

But, in my business experience, it's alot easier to design and modify code if you have someone that's experienced & familiar with the environment... It makes no sense to buyout a gaming company & then lay off the designers/coders that are behind it's functionality. Even if this is your intent, you keep them around for a while to train your new coding team!

If you wanted an iceberg, you've got one... New coders won't be proficient at project design and manipulation for some time... That "learning period" is time the player base of HZ, for the most part, isn't willing to sit by and wait for...

** Insert Titanic Theme Song **

Ok.. ok.. Everyone can stop screaming!!! It was only text.. not the actual song!
    *snicker*... I hate that song, I hate that movie, and I agree with ya. Things need to be handled carefully.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Does anyone have a log or screenshot of David's goodbye message? I would be interested to see what he had to say.

Thread Information