Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EI Keep Nadia & Provide Veteran Rewards!

Default EI Keep Nadia & Provide Veteran Rewards!

Yes that is correct, you read the thread title right. I am lobbying for keeping Nadia and the Vielo. No not in there current state but as something they did in the very beginning. Please hear my idea out before flaming.

When the vielo was first introduced they held crystals that were rare or not available in game. Excellent idea! So why not keep them around but have them go back to selling rare or not in game stuff and crystals? For example you could have a Radiant Parrying Weapon Crystal (+33 Parry) for sale for 10g, 15g, 20g, whatever. A Boar Hide Mask for 120g. The price needs to be high since the item is not in game. Other crystals could be a +33 Block Crystal, +120 Evasion Crystal, +33 Shield Skill Crystal or even take some of the good techs from the blighted weapons and turn them into crystals: 11% chance for Ethereal Parax V, 5% chance for 200% damage, etc. This gives some end game items and a use for Nadia and her Vielo. It also gives the game a high lvl money sink and lots of cool toys to buy and play with.

If no Nadia then how about Veteran Rewards? 2+ years you get the +33 Parry/Block crystal, etc. UO did Veteran Rewards and it was a huge sucess and made the game quite fun for sometime longer. Just my thoughts.

*Starts the Keep Nadia campaign*

Hmm I don't know. Some of those items you speak were supposed to be one time special event items and I kinda like them that way. It makes them special and unique. I liked nadia selling her comps but she is a problem to the supposed economy too. I will admit I miss being able to buy T1 and T2 comps to make scales/spells for my lower level guild mates though.

As for veteran rewards...I'm not sure if I agree with this either. Why should people be rewarded just because they've been around longer? I mean this normally. Like if a person started today and stayed around for two years why should they get something special. They havn't DONE anythign special. There are certain situations where I think people should have gotten something unique but length of playtime isn't one of them. An example of a special situation would be all those people who stuck through that merge....that must have sucked.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

I like the idea about Vet rewards.... though, those of us that have been around since release, or near that, would benifit the most I would imagine. I would think though that you would be able to perhaps give the players a choice of items as vet rewards. But for vet rewards, you would have to have increasing value rewards for every time increment that the award should be issued for.

1) rewards should be available for every 6 months game play.
    2) they should perhaps be issued a token of some sort that they could use to exchange for that item from an NPC ( ie the Veilo or some such other NPCs)
    3) The rewards should be something that benifits the player receiving it but not so benificial that it will necessarily ruin the gameplay of others around that player. ( ie a weapon or crystal or whatever that allows them so much more abilitys then were initially envisioned for the players to have)

As for using the Veilo for issueing tech components... Nadia should be shot or her purpose changed entirely. The rest of the veilo I dont currently have a problem with.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thumbs up yes EI, please do it

i thought about flaming you ^^

but i read your post and i agree to you

im really frustrated because some techs/items/parts are gone forever

no new player, or no player who has been on holiday for this time can ever get this stuff

so im for your idea

Default agree

As to the rare techs etc from the past. Would love to be able to acquire things like primal vengence, eminence etc. Perhaps a veteran player should be seen as time the char has been in istaria rather than creation date, though i guess you could have 2 accounts and leave chars logged in all day while out.

I don't know but i'd like to be able to at least have a shot at acquiring some of this older stuff through some means ... at least a bit of hope. Its great its rare i agree but not being in game at the time it was around doesn't seem a decent reason to me.

Players to come in the future just don't get the chance at it. I'd prefer an approach that rewarded time invested to the game whatever even if it was an insane amount.

Really like to see this implemented by the new team in some way or have them comment on this topic.

yes would be real nice, even if it would be a great moneysink

Primal Vengeance or a boars hide masks are more rare than Ancients ^^

EI what do you think about it?

i dont care if they are rare or precious

and if you would have to pay 100gold for 1 tech then it would stay rare.

like mentioned before: PV has been ingame with a buggy event for only some days, so not all got a chance to get it even if you played at this time (and are a veteran player)

I dont think it would be good to reintroduce this old items, they are meant to be rare and should be rare. Better introduce new rare items for the newer players.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    I dont think it would be good to reintroduce this old items, they are meant to be rare and should be rare. Better introduce new rare items for the newer players.
    I agree I know it sucks to miss out on the old rare Items. I was here and only was able to get one of the rare dragon techs because a Dragon took pity on me joined and helped me hunt for a short while and gave me one of the extras bones he had.

This has been discussed before, and I am still against reintroducing old event loot items. The point of their rarity is exactly that, to be rare, which makes them valuable. The real issue here is that stuff like Boar's Hide mask and Primal Vengeance are quite powerful compared to any of the alternatives. For almost any melee-centric dragon it is a no-brainer to acquire a Vengeance
    scale as nothing else comes close in usefulness. Instead of devaluating old items new (event) items/techs/stuff needs to be introduced that are in same usefulness category like aforementioned BHM/PV/etc. This gives players more choice and versatility, and for the first time makes them think like, 'should I get PV, or might this one be more useful here instead...'

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Ok disregard bringing back the old techs/items. Bad idea. However I think I gave a viable solution for some cool crystals that wouldnt' be too overpowering and a viable solution for a money sink. Nadia has children and those children need to be fed. In fact we could make them spawn at random spots and they always charge a ton but have 9999 of every crystal.

i dont think its a bad idea

to charge a high price for this stuff dont make the stuff common ^^

or do every newbie possess 100gold?

because dragons have no choice for their chest scale this techs should be available again!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    i dont think its a bad idea

to charge a high price for this stuff dont make the stuff common ^^

or do every newbie possess 100gold?

because dragons have no choice for their chest scale this techs should be available again!
    It is very easy to farm coin as adv nowdays, and 100 g are in your pockets if you perma farm mobs. Should such a great tech/item be a reward for stupid perma farming?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    It is very easy to farm coin as adv nowdays, and 100 g are in your pockets if you perma farm mobs. Should such a great tech/item be a reward for stupid perma farming?
    100g easy?

and yes i want this tech, even if i had to do perma farming

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    100g easy?

and yes i want this tech, even if i had to do perma farming
    100g are easy, if you hunt for a few weeks that valkor marrows that drop about 15s per kill.

Oh, and I also want those other techs, but they are gone, I got used to it and look forward to new nice items.

yes but there are no new items

and i believe there will be none the next years ^^

15s per kill? nice but not enough

67 marrows for 1 gold

6700 marrows for 100 gold, wow thats a real nice effort

btw. if i can get this techs regardless for what price, then i have a reason to log in, a destination

everyone get bored after a long time. this would give me some fun ^^
    Last edited by Vlisson; July 24th, 2006 at 06:27 AM.

I don't know of very many games that give Veteran rewards that directly affect gameplay, especially in combat. Most are "fluff" that is fun but doesn't skew the balance one way or the other. I am all for this kind of reward. Shoulder pets, unique weapon and armor dye colors, suits of ceremonial dress aremor, etc. are great. Things like a +33 block crystal are better left to content addition so that everyone has the same opportunity to get them. Unique event items, should remain unique. They are Veteran items of a different sort, awarded for taking part in something, not just obtainable because someone parked thier dragon for a year.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar
    I don't know of very many games that give Veteran rewards that directly affect gameplay, especially in combat. Most are "fluff" that is fun but doesn't skew the balance one way or the other. I am all for this kind of reward. Shoulder pets, unique weapon and armor dye colors, suits of ceremonial dress aremor, etc. are great. Things like a +33 block crystal are better left to content addition so that everyone has the same opportunity to get them. Unique event items, should remain unique. They are Veteran items of a different sort, awarded for taking part in something, not just obtainable because someone parked thier dragon for a year.

Drev
    That's what I'm talking about!

Event Items are Event Items, if the Event is over, they are gone.

That "fluff" for the veteran players is a really nice idea, it don't affect's gameplay like you said. Maybe some displayable jewely for dragon etc.

I agree whole heartedly! I have a 94 Ranger (not stellar but bear with me) and I don't think I deserve a game play altering crystal/weapon..whatever any more than a level 1 does. I have a few neat things that aren't in game any longer sure...an extra 13% chance to do ethereal damage is not terribly unbalancing imho. That's my one really cool item lol. Probably pathetic but I like it. Worked hard for that drop too. Does it alter game play for me... a little I suppose. I can kill level 108 mobs but I think the 40 levels of Healer I did make a bigger difference. That and a Rangers Damage Shield.

Oh and with what I was saying it was not meant as bragging but more along the lines (this is situational) if you (bipeds) do multicalssing you can be powerful enough to easily tear through some very high mobs. I am able to take mobs 12 to 14 levels higher but only certain ones. If I remember right casters eat me alive

Thread Information