Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Half Giant Daze

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    If your just NOW realizing the issues with your racial ability perhaps you'd be better served to take it off that hotkey like most humans have already done.... Now I'm an elf, we have a sucky racial ability also, but ONLY if you dont know how, when and where to use it. Used properly and at the right time its very effective... and I suspect if you made the effort to learn how to use yours it might prove to be rather effective also...

And for the record watch it with the Half Giant tears, you might drown an innocent Dryad.
    And again, I am saying ALL racial abilities need to be upgraded to be competitive across the board. That includes every race except elves because nobody cares about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    And again, I am saying ALL racial abilities need to be upgraded to be competitive across the board. That includes every race except elves because nobody cares about them.
    Then get in line and wait for it like all the other things that were promised and thusfar have failed to have been delievered.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Im 100 druid, 100 healer, 81 spiritist, 74 mage, and in the 40s with reaver, warrior, berserker, and spearman with monk and guardian a bit lower. Keeping in mind I was hitting something 50 levels lower than me (w/ a mining pick) and it is definately a single target weak debuff. It SHOULD BE AN AOE. What does this game need? Another dragon? Another dwarf? Another sslik? BALANCE!
    Modifying delay by +35% is weak? Is an auto hit..I'm sorry, I think delay increase is not weak.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Aria
    Modifying delay by +35% is weak? Is an auto hit..I'm sorry, I think delay increase is not weak.
    1) Its a 30 second delay.
    2) Its a single target ability.

That is in no way competitive with dwarven toughness or sslik regeneration. I found out dryad dazzle is actually a nice racial as well. All racial abilities should be on a par with each other. Competitive racials will only benefit the game. GD is not competitive but it should be increased to be so. At the very least an AoE though I believe it should be the equivalent of Quake to be fair. Take a look at what class abilities the racials are equivalent to and youll see why.

All schools should be too, what is your point? All of combat is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    All schools should be too, what is your point? All of combat is messed up.
    Let us stick to racials on this thread. You are welcome to start a new one for schools though. Schools would take a long time to even out whereas racials could be done much faster. Lets start with racials and work our way up to schools lol

Not really, it is all relative, you want your racial to be some great farming tool.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Not really, it is all relative, you want your racial to be some great farming tool.
    I guess I will give you the standard nearsighted (or unsighted) Horizons advice: if you have such farming envy make a farmer.

Seriously though, who kills 1 mob at a time aside from bosses or named ones? When I play with the true pimps of this game... they dont pull one mob.... they field pull no matter what their class. Being able to capitalize on multiple enemy bonuses is one of the redeeming qualities of this game. You clearly have a skewed understanding of farming.

I guess I will give you the standard nearsighted (or unsighted) Horizons advice: if you have such farming envy make a farmer.

Seriously though, who kills 1 mob at a time aside from bosses or named ones? When I play with the true pimps of this game... they dont pull one mob.... they field pull no matter what their class. Being able to capitalize on multiple enemy bonuses is one of the redeeming qualities of this game. You clearly have a skewed understanding of farming.
    And herein exists the basis of both your druid howlings and your half giant ability howlings.... Your not a pimp but you desperately want to be one.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

And herein exists the basis of both your druid howlings and your half giant ability howlings.... Your not a pimp but you desperately want to be one.
    *nod* The curmudgeon is right on target, judging by what you've posted about your opinions on both druids and half-giants. If your main problems are not being able to mass-aoe necroflies as easily because of the evolved ones, and not having the Dwarven Toughness against flies which don't do elemental damage, maybe you should try stepping away from the flies and looking around. MOST players don't mass-farm, MOST players don't just fight one damage type. The ones who do are the exception, not the rule.
    If you do just want to fight flies, that's fine, you're entitled to choose that. Just keep in mind that your options aren't as limited as you claim; in addition to class and race, you can get a bunch of resist/ward gear to reduce hits and damage of that type, whichever critter you farm; you can take a class with spirit skill so you can cast EParox and spirit bolt; or you can just fight something that isn't immune to nature.

I'm not saying this to be critical, even if you choose to interpret it as such; I only mean to say that there is more to a character than race and class; there is how you equip it, and how you play it. If you are unhappy with a specific race as a specific class against a specific type of enemy with a specific playstyle and spells and equipment... that leaves you 5 major things you CAN change any one of without changing your race (and therefore without having to make a new toon) - class, enemy, playstyle, spells, equipment. If you are unwilling to change any of those, then what else can you change, so that you can enjoy your time in Istaria? Your attitude.
    - Gremblthrg

I'd rather be a pimp than a crafter with a big head :P I guess we strive to be different things.

Anywho, I want a competitive racial. I want the AoE racial we were given and then stripped of. Furthermore I want EVERY races racial ability to be competitive to add more diversity than just class alone provides. That train just kept running over you Seranthor...

Sir, with all due respect, I'm far more than a crafter, in fact, do me a favor... go kill Arboreon or Mhedon in under a 45 seconds and come back and let me know how you did. If you can do this without sustaining any damage at all then I'll bow to your superiority.

Now about that train, still got tickets your selling on the Woof Express?

Sir, with all due respect, I'm far more than a crafter, in fact, do me a favor... go kill Arboreon or Mhedon in under a 45 seconds and come back and let me know how you did. If you can do this without sustaining any damage at all then I'll bow to your superiority.

Now about that train, still got tickets your selling on the Woof Express?

hahaha you're so good @ the funny. No thanks, being a ranger and sitting in the back not taking damage is kinda boring for me so you can hold off on the bowing. By the way, since in essence you are a warrior, I think they should take away your stun and cloak of thorns. After all you hardly need cloak of thorns when you get good armor as well as the nature based resistance increases. Can do away with that one hand crush, one hand slash, and pierce too. After all youre an archer... why would you get those skills?

hahaha you're so good @ the funny. No thanks, being a ranger and sitting in the back not taking damage is kinda boring for me so you can hold off on the bowing. By the way, since in essence you are a warrior, I think they should take away your stun and cloak of thorns. After all you hardly need cloak of thorns when you get good armor as well as the nature based resistance increases. Can do away with that one hand crush, one hand slash, and pierce too. After all youre an archer... why would you get those skills?
    Huh? I have not a single warrior level, what ARE you talking about here? I said nothing about how you were to kill them, nor did I say how I was planning to kill them. How did this become about archer skills sir? As I recall your howling about wanting to become a pimp. So please, make up your mind on which subject you'd like to get pummeled, and then I'll gladly oblige.

Warriors are traditionally melee fighters. How do you reconcile this with the fact that you clearly admit that rangers sit in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog
    Warriors are traditionally melee fighters. How do you reconcile this with the fact that you clearly admit that rangers sit in the back?
    Xarog, I doubt he can, he's lashing out after being caught by his own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog
    lol yeah they sit in the back and use multistrikes, critical hits, and melee flurries using ranged combat so they dont get hit even though they do have nice armor and cloak of thorns. Go figure :P Oh but they arent warriors? I have lost my mind? They dont have melee skills? Dont be a stooge. They are the equivalent of warrior abilities with different names. Heart Shot. Multishot. Ranged Flurry. Power shot. Coordinated shot. Get the picture? Look out for the train.

By the way, I didn't have a problem with rangers and probably still dont. My problem is you and your stooge clan running in here throwing stones at druids on my half giant racial ability thread.
    Last edited by Tarran of Chaos; July 29th, 2006 at 04:53 AM.

Play a ranger first before you start running off at your mouth. Or else you'll end up digging yourself a hole so freakin deep they'll have to pump sunlight into ya.

BTW, is your armor still yellow? or is that something else we see?

You opened this can of worms *shrugs*
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Play a ranger first before you start running off at your mouth. Or else you'll end up digging yourself a hole so freakin deep they'll have to pump sunlight into ya.

BTW, is your armor still yellow? or is that something else we see?
    Why do I need to play a ranger to understand anything? Watch one for 10 mins and its obvious. Here, I shall instruct you in how to be a ranger:

1) Use rangefinder to call the mob from a far distance.
    2) Use pinion to slow him down in the advance.
    3) Use lightning arrows to stun him while youre shooting him.
    4) Use rapid fire stance and then ranged flurries, multishot, headshot, heartseeker, power shot, power style, etc the same way a warrior would.

Tip: Dont forget to have your cloak of thorns on. Its highly likely that any mob your level who gets to you will then kill himself as soon as he multistrikes your cloak of thorns :P

Thread Information