Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizons team announced

Default Horizons team announced

The announcement of the GM team is great news. Especially someone to work on Horizon's storyline.

It is very encouraging, but what I want to hear most before I resubscribe is if EI is also working on developing a dev team? A simple yes would be all this poster needs to start a month to month subscription again.

The announcement post seems to allude to it, but I'd just like a definitive answer.
    Last edited by Svayvti; July 28th, 2006 at 01:48 AM.

Wow, a very nice post. Good grammar and everything ;P

It made me feel much better about things. Things seem to be pulling together.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

I'm seeing six people where nearly three times that many once existed, and none of them listed as developer/coder. Hopefully that's just a start, but this emphasis on "live events" is what has me a bit worried, based on what I've heard about the company and their modus operandi. Hope I'm wrong.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Too early to tell as yet I think.

Picking up live events as the first item for them to address is fairly canny; not a great learning curve (I think and hope) and they always were fun. Good place to start.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default dev team

I was in Irc earlier when these similar questions were asked and EI stated they were not near done with the hiring process so lets give them time .

Sierana

We know there are important bugs to fix, as well as other content development needs. We are studying these and are developing a plan of action that we will start moving forward with soon.
    Sounds like developing of content. (emphasis above is mine)

And I wouldn't expect coders to be listed in the Game Management team, so I'm not worrying too much about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Svayvti
    The announcement of the GM team is great news. Especially someone to work on Horizon's storyline.

It is very encouraging, but what I want to hear most before I resubscribe is if EI is also working on developing a dev team? A simple yes would be all this poster needs to start a month to month subscription again.

The announcement post seems to allude to it, but I'd just like a definitive answer.
    Yes Svayvti they are still planning on adding more staff. This posting is only part of what they have in mind.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Good news indeed!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

i think i will take this with a grain of salt but i think this is very good news thank you for this info this is what i hope 1 of many such announcements.

Default Wooo Hooo

Grand news.. Grand news indeed.. thank you
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

So Zayin, did you ever pay up on your bet that the servers wouldn't come up from maintenance yesterday?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

yes good news, hope to see some effect of this team soon

hmm maybe can we get a sticky ?

I don't get wtf is so hard to understand. This is the GM team - a division of a larger group.... where do you guys get the idea that they are going to run this thing with mice on wheels?
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn
    I'm seeing six people where nearly three times that many once existed, and none of them listed as developer/coder.
    That is because they aren't listing all their employees, they just announced their GM team. How many GMs did Tulga have? I don't think it was even 6. (EI: Any place we can submit some potential story arcs too?)

It is very good news as far as game support goes, but myself and I think a lot of other people are more worried about the developer support.

and even if they're in the middle of working on a dev team, it would be very nice and reassuring for them to announce that they are indeed 'working' on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Svayvti
    That is because they aren't listing all their employees, they just announced their GM team. How many GMs did Tulga have? I don't think it was even 6. (EI: Any place we can submit some potential story arcs too?)

It is very good news as far as game support goes, but myself and I think a lot of other people are more worried about the developer support.

and even if they're in the middle of working on a dev team, it would be very nice and reassuring for them to announce that they are indeed 'working' on it.
    Why continue to compare EI to TG? So EI has fewer people? TG had all those folks and failed to make the game whatever TG needed it to be to want to continue ownership. TG's teams DROPPED THE FRIGGIN BALL!!

Maybe EI's team has more on the ball than you suspect. At least give em the benefit of the doubt.

New blood has the ball now. Run with it guys. My support is here and my accts are still open. I'm not going anywhere.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

The thing that got my attention is the fact former Tulga employees are being picked up as EI forms it's teams. That is a positive statement as to EI's intentions for Horizons in itself.

Yes, I agree with Khargu here.

I like the fact that it particularly mentioned that some of ex-Tulga are signed on with EI to help them run Horizons. These guys know how Horizons runs and these guys know how it goes, so they can help the new blood learn how to do things here on admin/GM/WM side of things.

Not only that, it gives those out-of-work Tulga people something to continue doing, instead of doing some job-hunting. I feel for everyone who lost their jobs and is uncertain about the future, I hope they get signed back on by EI.

--Dhalin

Two people from the Tulga team, one who was hired as a writer and works from Canada, and one who knows the servers, does not a solid team make. I don't see this as a positive statement what so ever. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that they are not contracting GI.net and so I'm no longer working in connection to Horizons. This is my personal opinion as a player. I congratulate those two people who do have jobs with EI Interactive and am happy for them. However, I refuse to see this as a "good sign" for the future of Horizons in any way, shape, or form. Cutbacks are one thing and to be understood when new management takes over. But to think that a completely untrained team of former players with no development experience what so ever on Horizons can walk in and do things that those who knew the game from day one had not yet done is simply blind ignorance in my opinion.

Thread Information