Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And the Good News Continues

Default And the Good News Continues

Dear Horizons Subscribers,
    We are writing to inform you that effective at 12:01 am on August 1, 2006 the Horizons: Empire of Istaria billing system will undergo some changes.

It will be necessary to re-enter your billing information on or before your regular renewal billing date. This can be simply achieved by logging on to www.istaria.com, click Play Horizons, enter login and password (on the brown page), then select Manage Account. Then, click on the link that allows you to update your billing information. Do not make this change until after the date and time shown above, or your information will not be entered into the new billing system.
    This new billing update screen will provide you with a number of payment options to select from... secure via PayPal Subscription, Direct Pay, and Credit Card entry.
    This change is made in order to provide more direct support of your account and in an effort to avoid double or premature billing entries, which have occurred in the past. One of the many exciting things about Horizons is its friendly and supportive community. We respect you, our customer, and want to make this a friendly and supportive account relationship program. We appreciate that this process will require some effort and might not be conveniently timed for all.
    You have our commitment to do all in our power to make this as smooth as possible, adjust all problems swiftly and provide continuous service for the Citizens of Istaria.
    We look forward to working with you toward achieving our long term commitment of providing excellent service.
    Sincerely,

Michael J. Gallegos
    Account Support Manager
    EI Interactive

Yes, I like the philosophy of dumping what doesn't work and implimenting a better system.

Kudos to EI for this one.

Great news indeed to see that PayPal will be added to the billing system!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

What took so long?

Very Nice.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Agreed! PayPal FTW!
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Thank you

I'm very happy with this change. Many gamers (at least in Europe) do not own credit cards -- the option to use PayPal is good news, indeed.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Yay! I can finally pay for my own account!
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Default This change

is a much needed change. Thank you!

As long as I can still pay with my credit card and do not have to go through Pay Pal it's all good
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

And the hits keep rolling on. Great work guys.

Pay pal!!! soooo coool.... a + on the "nice" list!!
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Best wishes for a smooth billing transition. :-)

I agree, this is excellent news. Making the game more accessable to potential players cannot be a bad thing.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Between this and the GM team announcement, EI is getting a positive start, here's to a continuation of the trend.

Interesting note, Michael J. Gallegos also has an in game personna. It's always heartening to know they actually get their feet wet a bit per se.

I like the idea of more billing options. My basic concern is that my accounts are on a yearly renewal and not due to be paid again until December or January (I'd have to look it up). If I enter my information again, I'm a little nervous that I'll be billed again for what is already paid for. Have any other yearly subscribers reentered their info yet? How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Alladania
    Have any other yearly subscribers reentered their info yet? How did it go?
    I believe their letter said effective on August 1 and to do it on or before your regular renewal date.

YAY! Kudos to EI for this one!

/cheer

Now, all of those iPay problems can go out the window. *grins* This is very good news indeed, especially for all of those players who were having woes with trying to deal with an outdated payment system. The implementation of CHOICE of payment is always a good thing, too.

--Dhalin

Nice and welcomed change. Good work EI.

I have to say so far I'm impressed by the new management. Communication from day one, server maintenance without any problems, and different billing options.

If EI keeps this up we won't have anything to complain about. j/k We will always have something to complain about

Yes this is awesome!!!

I am curious to see if the special payment plan is still available to us or not. I know when I had updated some info a while back it reverted back to old payment cost. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Cudos so far, keep up the goodwork EI!

Thread Information