Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And the Good News Continues

A caveat per se, with both new ownership, and a new billing system, it is always possible that someone will be unfortunate enough to run afoul of it somehow. Be careful as to what buttons you push.

The first major initiative of their own and a needed one from some of the board posts.

As long as I can continue to pay with my credit card it won't affect me personally either way.

Dravatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Great news indeed to see that PayPal will be added to the billing system!
    Wholeheartedly agreed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duergos
    We appreciate that this process will require some effort and might not be conveniently timed for all.
    Hmmm, what will happen if I choose not to be so inconvienienced and don't enter new billing details? Will my accounts be closed?

I don't pay to be inconvienienced and I wouldn't want this new lot to think otherwise...it's a lot more tempting to simply hit the cancel button and save myself the approx $40.00 per month, not to mention myfrustration with the current state of the game and the recent development directions.

Time to give everything to my guild I think...

Darksun

Quote Originally Posted by Darksun
    Hmmm, what will happen if I choose not to be so inconvienienced and don't enter new billing details? Will my accounts be closed?

I don't pay to be inconvienienced and I wouldn't want this new lot to think otherwise...it's a lot more tempting to simply hit the cancel button and save myself the approx $40.00 per month, not to mention myfrustration with the current state of the game and the recent development directions.

Darksun
    I am not sure I understand what you mean. Are you seriously bothered by 2 minutes work? That change may inconvenience you ever so slightly, but it opens new paths for your fellow gamers.

But maybe I misunderstood..
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Default Eh?

Darksun

Dude,

Are you teasin? I hope so!!! If you are serious then you probably need a well deseved break. Go pursue some other interests and come back when you are refreshed

/e Waves bye bye.....

"Bye Bye" Can I have your stuff.... I am not in your guild
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Actually this shouldn't surprise anyone. The fact is some people just find redoing information for billing something they shouldnt have to do and history shows that when that action is made companies lose some accounts.

Not saying that I agree with that, but for some reason it bothers people. go figure

I am a business man...

And I gotta tell ya, there are some customers that when I lost em.....I did a little jig.....

Darksun
    hmnnn...whatcha got?

hmm just created a character on Chaos...what guild again? *big wink*
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

The PayPal option just got them one, possibly two renewed accounts from myself and my wife.

Well, not just the PayPal thing, it is all the other things they are doing that have given me renewed hope for Horizons. But PayPal is the piece that enables me to put aside a large chunk of the remaining skepticism, since there is less to risk.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Actually this shouldn't surprise anyone. The fact is some people just find redoing information for billing something they shouldnt have to do and history shows that when that action is made companies lose some accounts.

Not saying that I agree with that, but for some reason it bothers people. go figure
    Yep, I chose to give my info to AE and I chose to continue when TG came along, after all they were the same thing. I did not choose to give this lot anything and nothing they did in the first few days convinced me that I should continue.

The whole you must redo your billing info was the last straw for me and everyone has a last straw.

Of course this is still academic, I haven't been able to cancel my accounts and I am now very frustrated.

Darksun

There was a message that popped up saying that the "manage accounts" and "manage subscriptions" option would be available again late on Monday.

I just went in today (Tuesday) to make a change to my account and received the following error:

Error Received:
    MRC:IK
    RESPONSE:SERVICE

I am not sure if this would fit in the "Bugs" forum or not, but I am seeking information...

Anyone tell me what I should do?
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

Quote Originally Posted by TheHaunt
    There was a message that popped up saying that the "manage accounts" and "manage subscriptions" option would be available again late on Monday.

I just went in today (Tuesday) to make a change to my account and received the following error:

Error Received:
    MRC:IK
    RESPONSE:SERVICE

I am not sure if this would fit in the "Bugs" forum or not, but I am seeking information...

Anyone tell me what I should do?
    Same here, any info on how to cancel accounts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thread Information