Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Seranthor
    Its a frickin sad day when someone wants to nerf an entire class because they have an issue with a single person. Rather pathetic I'd say.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

lol yeah they sit in the back and use multistrikes, critical hits, and melee flurries using ranged combat so they dont get hit even though they do have nice armor and cloak of thorns... Go figure :P Oh but they arent warriors? I have lost my mind? They dont have melee skills? Why do rangers get a bunch of melee skills just like warriors? Look at their abilities. They are the same equivalent of warrior abilities with different names. Heart Shot. Multishot. Ranged Flurry. Power shot. Coordinated shot. Get the picture? Look out for the train.

My whole posting of this suggestion (not that its a bad idea since evaluating it) had everything to do with Seranthor jacking my other threads with offtopic posts. Clearly those of you who live in glass houses shouldnt be throwing stones at druids. Druids dont have much to begin with and you nerf callers should be sweeping around your own back porches before trying to sweep around ours.

-----Im editing to add this little observation. The only rangers I have seen in game were soloing t6 mobs all by their lonesome. There was no kiting involved nor needed. I merely suggested they sit in the back and multistrike and flurry (excuse me multishot and ranged flurry) the mobs because they have that option albeit unnecessary. I would personally love that ability. I will consider the class and possibly take if I decide it isnt too nerf prone. I mean... something that good has gotta have a nerf coming somewhere. haha :P
    Last edited by Tarran of Chaos; July 29th, 2006 at 05:10 AM.

What baffles me is your insistance that druids don't have much. My druid rocks!

So because you dislike your class, and believe its weak, all other classes must be made the same way? Is this the problem you have with ranger? You see a nature based class that you believe is more powerful than you own, so it requires nerfing?

Childlike really, If I can't have it neither can you haha...how laughable.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Aria
    So because you dislike your class, and believe its weak, all other classes must be made the same way? Is this the problem you have with ranger? You see a nature based class that you believe is more powerful than you own, so it requires nerfing?

Childlike really, If I can't have it neither can you haha...how laughable.
    You remind me of someone who picked up a book and started reading it in the middle. I prefer playing druid. I love playing druid. Why am I posting? Because the person you described above (his name is Seranthor by the way) is calling for druid nerfs. You seem to have missed the whole purpose of this suggestion... it was to put things into perspective. Do I really think the ranger class should be nerfed? No. Do I think the druid class should be nerfed? Definately not. Seranthor is the one calling for that, as well as AAO (whoever that is :/)

I am merely reminding the nerf callers what they themselves stand to lose. Period.
    Last edited by Tarran of Chaos; July 29th, 2006 at 05:31 AM.

Your a joke, you started this thread calling for nerfs, either your lied then, or your lying now. Which is it?

I'm still waiting on the exact quote where I called for any class to be nerfed... I dont play that way sir. You are jealous plain and simple.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Rangers are warriors and shouldnt get cloak of thorns or the physical attack nature resistances, or the 8 of one hand slash, one hand pierce, and one hand crush each level. I also think the stun is an unnecessary boon. My suggestion is to put that overkilled class under the nerf knife. The opporunity ranged combat allows is more than enough reason to be a ranger as your enemy is half dead already before it gets within striking range of you and you still have the flurries and multis.
    You mean this quote to be taken as scarcastic? As you then go on to support in several additonal threads here in this post? ROFL And I'm the one reading the middle of the book...Tarran you couldn't even properly identify the root of ths class, scout. All scout classes get range (NOT melee) flurries (or rain of arrows as the case may be) and mutlishot. And this class doesn't not have a single weapon gain 10 per level...bow being the highest at 9 so generally that is what players focus on. Is warrior also overpowered due to the fact it gains to at least 6 weapon usage at 10 per? Not to mention plate which your ranger can't wear.

Shall we break it down? Ranger is something potentially very powerful multiclassed (as is druid) but as a pure main it has many weaknesses...just like every other class. There is not a class out there when taken single doesn't have inherent flaws and weaknesses as well as boons and strengths. The point of the player is to learn how to utilize its strengths and downplay the weaknesses. If there truly was one uber class that got it all what the heck would be the dang point of multiclassing? And why are you so against it? One of the best features of this game is its multiclassing, gives you something to do at level cap..join a new class, strengthen your character, try something fun or different. If you don't appreciate multiclassing go chat with a dragon. I'm sure they'd love to share how much fun it is to have a class that can do it all .. and nothing left to do after 100.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

What I haven't found out yet is if you want the druid to be stronger in relation to the mobs he hunts (that could make for an interesting discussion including possible suggestions) or if you want the druid to be stronger in relation to the other adventurer classes.

If the latter should be the case than you might need to be reminded of the effects of different perspectives -- everyone who favors a certain class is bound to see its advantages and disadvantages differently from those who favor another class.

If, however, as you have hinted, this whole thread was meant to bother Seranthor, may I suggest to slug it out with him in pms instead of pretending to start a discussion?
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

hmm i never played a ranger so i cannot discuss this topic

but maybe the ranger should get an self only cot?

druid is more the group buffer?

is a ranger so strong?

So because Elemental archer and scout get powershot, multishot, ranged flurry, heart seeker, head shot coordinated shot..they are warriors too????

i do not see anything wrong with ranger at all what so ever. They get an epic..get to use swords or bow depending on what they wanna do.

a ranger should have some melee skills! in the wilderness he has to use all kinds of weapons and in the most P&P he is a jack of all trades but is best with bows (sometimes with 2 weapon-fighting style)

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    So they finally fixed it huh? hope the fix made it to live and hasn't been lost in the shuffle. (been a broken ability since launch)
    I think it's still stuck on Genesis... would be great to get the
    Genesis stuff moved to Blight, and all the fixes that currently
    reside on Blight pushed Live soon...
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Your a joke, you started this thread calling for nerfs, either your lied then, or your lying now. Which is it?

I'm still waiting on the exact quote where I called for any class to be nerfed... I dont play that way sir. You are jealous plain and simple.
    Its all about perspective. Druids are no better than rangers but you obviously have something against any build that does well at farming because you yourself have chosed a build oriented on killing one mob at a time. You can take any class in this game (except probably spearman and monk) and say it should be nerfed because its better at this and that etc. All you people oriented about nerfing the fyakki and purple necrofly farmers (who are slaying for experience points alone) have unsecure attributes within your own classes. Once they start nerfing... where do you draw the line? Mr Seranthor is all in favor of farmers being nerfed. And no sir, I am not going to waste the time pulling together your 20 or so posts to that effect. As far as jealousy... not on your life buddy. You have nothing to be jealous of. Your craft skills? Bwahaha. Your ability to kill Mhedon in under 45 seconds without taking any damage? Pfft. Warriors (oops I forgot we are calling these ranged warriors archers) kill faster and that is undisputable. That you take no damage while doing so doesnt reflect any skill but the attributes of the class. No offense, but in the end youre just a point and click easy class.

As elemental archer i can do the same cause of access to the same line of skills with exceptions in both cataogries..Elar doesnt get cloak of thorns but i have Shimmering Spectrum.. cause one person can do pretty well again a lot of flies, blights etc is good rele cause thats what they wanna do. i have no problems with rangers (warrior-archers as u call them) rangers are defined as archers who are at tune with nature etc etc etc

Its all about perspective. Druids are no better than rangers but you obviously have something against any build that does well at farming because you yourself have chosed a build oriented on killing one mob at a time. You can take any class in this game (except probably spearman and monk) and say it should be nerfed because its better at this and that etc. All you people oriented about nerfing the fyakki and purple necrofly farmers (who are slaying for experience points alone) have unsecure attributes within your own classes. Once they start nerfing... where do you draw the line? Mr Seranthor is all in favor of farmers being nerfed. And no sir, I am not going to waste the time pulling together your 20 or so posts to that effect. As far as jealousy... not on your life buddy. You have nothing to be jealous of. Your craft skills? Bwahaha. Your ability to kill Mhedon in under 45 seconds without taking any damage? Pfft. Warriors (oops I forgot we are calling these ranged warriors archers) kill faster and that is undisputable. That you take no damage while doing so doesnt reflect any skill but the attributes of the class. No offense, but in the end youre just a point and click easy class.
    You amaze me junior. Precisely where in your build makes you a better farmer than anyone else? Additionally something for you to masticate on, given that you have no idea what precisely is in my build beyond what I've divulged already how can you say I'm not a farmer? Hmm? Speak child or stay on the porch.

And I'll say it again here, disagreeing with you on your tear filled complaints does NOT mean I want to nerf your precious druids, it means that I disagree with you. period. If you are unwilling or incapable of sorting that out then maybe you deserve all thats being said about your pathetic agenda. Do something for once to help the game, not just yourself.

Rangers are warriors and shouldnt get cloak of thorns or the physical attack nature resistances, or the 8 of one hand slash, one hand pierce, and one hand crush each level. I also think the stun is an unnecessary boon. My suggestion is to put that overkilled class under the nerf knife. The opporunity ranged combat allows is more than enough reason to be a ranger as your enemy is half dead already before it gets within striking range of you and you still have the flurries and multis.
    This too, belongs to the suggestions board. Please post any suggestions there, pertaining to the game, and try to keep all posts civil and without judgement or harassment or insults. Thank you

Thread Information