Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where is a good free forum for HZ?

Default where is a good free forum for HZ?

i think we cannot discuss anything about HZ here anymore without getting deleted or that you post dont get approved to be posted ^^

My good friend Plink has set up a a forum board for the game, have a look at it.

http://www.aradoth.net/

Oh, the drama....

LOL

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Let's make sure we form "a united front" in this, would be a waste if we all got scattered over different boards.

Possibly revive tazoon.com? (or org or whatever)
    I think the domain is free again (didnt check yet)
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/h...reads.php?Cat=

http://www.gamersinfo.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

i tried this one

but it would be nice if there would be a big one and not tons of small ones

There is a forum set up for players at gamersinfo.net as well.
    http://www.gamersinfo.net/forum/index.php?
    Last edited by Velea; August 7th, 2006 at 07:44 PM.

Daeanor

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    i think we cannot discuss anything about HZ here anymore without getting deleted or that you post dont get approved to be posted ^^
    That's a greatly exaggerated statement on the moderation that is actually taking place. There are plenty of negative items getting posted, they are only denying the tripe and non-constructive stuff. I think they would have done better just to lock out-of-hand threads and limit access from people who insist on breaking forum rules, but they chose to do it this way instead. Something needed to be done though, it was getting way out of control.

GamersInfo has also setup a Horizons forum for us.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Quote Originally Posted by Daeanor
    That's a greatly exaggerated statement on the moderation that is actually taking place. There are plenty of negative items getting posted, they are only denying the tripe and non-constructive stuff. I think they would have done better just to lock out-of-hand threads and limit access from people who insist on breaking forum rules, but they chose to do it this way instead. Something needed to be done though, it was getting way out of control.
    I posted a goodbye message, and it got banned.

There was hardly anything negative in it.

I can't even say goodbye? Of course, I can't say how I feel about this because...

Dravatar

Quote Originally Posted by HappyFunBall
    I posted a goodbye message, and it got banned.

There was hardly anything negative in it.

I can't even say goodbye? Of course, I can't say how I feel about this because...
    It didn't get banned, it just didn't get approved.

You can say goodbye. You can even state why you are leaving. You cannot, however, bash, trash, or be insulting about it. That is trolling/flaming and generally trying to bypass the rules by saying it's a goodbye.

So Dravatar: Out of curiousity.. do you consider my goodbye post as such?

Just curious.

-Menkure

Dravatar

Link?

Was in the goodbyes forum. ((Now removed))

Quote Originally Posted by Dravatar
    It didn't get banned, it just didn't get approved.

You can say goodbye. You can even state why you are leaving. You cannot, however, bash, trash, or be insulting about it. That is trolling/flaming and generally trying to bypass the rules by saying it's a goodbye.
    I posted a goodbye also and apparently it was never approved, so I posted it over on the VN forums here:
    http://vnboards.ign.com/horizons_gen...98255517/p1/?4

I also posted asking what had happened to the rants and goodbyes section; that never made either.

No matter how the post is communicated in a goodbye, it should not be deleted or editted. The goodbye forum is a good way for any company to actually see why people are leaving. Wether its good or bad this information is important for the company to address issues that are causing people to leave.

Eliminating that line of feedback isn't very smart on the business side of things.

Jayne

Dravatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    No matter how the post is communicated in a goodbye, it should not be deleted or editted. The goodbye forum is a good way for any company to actually see why people are leaving. Wether its good or bad this information is important for the company to address issues that are causing people to leave.

Eliminating that line of feedback isn't very smart on the business side of things.

Jayne
    I wholeheartedly agree with you, and all the others, that the Goodbye forum does have an excellent business reason to exist. It serves as an exit interview that can be used to find problem areas of satisfaction in a product or service and improve them. By spending what resources you have on areas that will bring the most perceived improvement, you get the best "bang for the buck." As has been said elsewhere, it is my understanding the GoodBye forum will be returning.

That said, there is a right and a wrong way to use it. I understand that some are very upset and/or bitter by the time they get here. That's still no excuse to trash or insult others. By all means tell your friends farewell and tell the community and EI why you are leaving, but you can do it in a way that communicates exactly why without being rude.

It's your choice. You can do what you can to try and improve the game for those friends you leave behind or risk the consequences of moderation.

I can't allow any post, even a farewell one, to break the rules. That is simply not right.

what happens to the goodbye post I made? was it disapproved? will it fall in later when/if the goodbye sections is returned, or is it just lost?

Dravatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcharien
    I posted a goodbye also and apparently it was never approved, so I posted it over on the VN forums here:
    http://vnboards.ign.com/horizons_gen...98255517/p1/?4

I also posted asking what had happened to the rants and goodbyes section; that never made either.
    I could've sworn that got approved...

Thread Information