Thread: David Allen & Crusaders

Default David Allen & Crusaders

OMG I have never been excited so much for an mmorpg as this, David Allen is back !!! I love horizons but now.. as soon as this comes out, I am in and out of horizons. Lets hope what happened to this dream of his doesn't get taken out or flopped like Horizons.

www.crusade.qol.com

The link is broken me-things. heh Wouldn't load.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

http://crusade.qol.com/index.php

my bad sorry about that.. its slated for release in 2008, either way I hope they just take their time, it will be that much better.

Reminds me of WOW to much. I liked WoW as a user interface. Hated the Chat feature and the story line. But who knows how this game will turn out.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

ya it seems like such a mix of others but theres some really neat features not in any other games... who knows what the end product will be but hey i'm all in for the support, this is the only one that really seems to have potential to go anywhere... all the others are just are remakes of the games before it.. i hope this doesnt get shot in the can and twisted like HZ.

Maybe its just me but ive been waiting for something truly NEW for a long time... I really hope he ties some more original hz ideas inthough such as the plots ect and a similiar crafting engine as HZ. that would be explosive

This is what i will never understand. Mr. David "Vaporware" Allen has proven his incompetence in making games several times. Now he found someone foolish enough to spend money on him again, and some people again believe he will make a "holy grale MMO" ...
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerjar
    Now he found someone foolish enough to spend money on him again
    Hmm, now did he? It has been a while I admit, but last I heard about this game Allen was still looking for necessary funding.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

the holy grail of mmo's? i hardly think so. i would like to see anyone go and make a game and not flop the first or few times... its not an easy thing to do, clearly. Good chance he might again, so? you still play horizons and look at it.... to the core no other game like it, but lets not even get started with the soap opera like drama of it. Certain games are for certain people, like wow and eq2... i would never play eq and just about hated wow. just not my type... some of his ideas are new that others havent brought to the table, as there are other people out there bringing other new things.... this is just one that id like to see acually succeed.

Ya hes looking for funding, considering the company just started in feb.. probably the earliest if not one of the earliest games to be announced.. huge chance of flop...

Horizons almost seemed to flop while it was live, in fact that wasnt to long ago, due to not being able to secure funding... but they did. So that really is irrelevant to me.

Thanks for the information. I am adding this game to my list of "upcoming games to watch for"

We shall see...
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

I thought DA left the industry, never to return?
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Wow... so the UI looks like a near exact copy of a WOW UI ... even the inventory screen and the action bars do... Umm.. well again, wow...

I'll watch it, looks pretty... But hmm lets see... There was this other game that had UBER hyped awesome looking graphics, swords with tassles and high resolution armor padding plus customizable armor bits. Lots of screenshots. Oh ya and a screenshot of a player made keep that the game was suppose to posses for the combat that was to take place. Heh... uh Anyone remember what thish game was?

Ya...

Horizons...

I'll keep my eye on David Allen as it looks neat... but I'll wait for release to see what you REALLY get...

Wow, that guy should be afraid of getting sued by Blizzard...

The GUI is an exact ripoff of WoW, almost to the letter... *blinks* The graphics look decent, and if they actually had the dough to pull it together, it looks like it could be a decent game. The UI looks just like WoW's, but the game doesn't have that.... cartoony or... kiddish.... look to it. Hmmm.

--Dhalin

all he has to do is put in dragons as playable race and he snatched another sucker (me, to be precise :P )
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

hmm i looked at the features and only the family system looks nice

nothing new and even old good features are not in this game

ok i researched this game a bit more ^^

nice ideas, especially the family system! this is a very interesting aspect of the game

gods are very close to their servants and walk on earth and protect them

skillbased with no cap

nice grafic. and i think its not like wow, ok some parts are looking similar but wow is much more cruel in my eyes ^^

release 2008

humans look great! not so palish like in other games

Skillbased!

Sweet

Thanks Alexis

aye the GUI is very close to wow... but when you read what they are trying to do with it they have some pretty good ideas. now its just seeing if they can acually do it and make it to release

Hoping for good ideas to reach release, huh?
    Sounds familiar....
    *continues his 7th year of eyeballing Atriarch*

Thread Information