Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To those who dislike my playstyle

Kallis

Angry To those who dislike my playstyle

Just a note on a certain matter,

It seems some people have been complaining about my playstyle to my guild leader/guild-mates, as a result i have been removed from the guild.

Just like to say, Well done to those who got what they wanted, and i hope youre happy. I dont pay for a game to be dictated on how to play it, if you dont like it, dont think about it, simple as.

To those who care, read below, if not i strongly advise you press back now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am thinking about leaving HZ for this and many other reasons, a few being

. People disliking the way i play
    . The way EI are heading at the moment
    . The lack of support and help from EI overall

Many more but im going to give it a few days and ill decide. IF i do decide to leave, i wont be posting a goodbye post so id like to thank Aamer, HratLi, Deoir, Malachite, Lii, Justback, Kilikina and most others, too many to name right now for thier help, good conversation and for accepting me into the playerbase, (EVEN after i told you my age was 16 :P)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been told there is a history with powergamers, and quite frankly, i couldnt care less, i pay for this and i play it how i like (in fact, i ended up paying SEVEN times for one month, great work again EI, still waiting on that refund )

On a final note, Im not interested in attention, sympathy or anything like that, i just want those who complained about my playstyle to think about others before they speak out.

If you want to start a discussion about playstyle, maybe you could describe it a little for those who have not encountered you in-game?
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Kallis

All i need to say is there, Powerlevelling-type.

Play however you like, within the EULA (No exploiting, no kill stealing, no harrassing others, etc.). Just expect there to be consequences.

If you don't like the consequences, that's not the community or your guild's fault. They're just playing the way THEY like.

Form your own power-leveling guild and have at.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

what he was powerleveling people ?

Umm everyone in Horizons does it if they can. I'm absolutely sure that by the time anyone reachs level 30 in adventuring in horizons they are ready for a powerlevel to get their first level 100. Don't deny it we all know its true.

I will deny it.

I took my dragon to a level 100 ancient totally solo except for my RoP and the Rift to attain ancienthood.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf

Umm everyone in Horizons does it if they can. I'm absolutely sure that by the time anyone reachs level 30 in adventuring in horizons they are ready for a powerlevel to get their first level 100. Don't deny it we all know its true.
    ROFLMAO Then I'm not of the "everyone" people you mean

I soloed my dragon up to 100/100 alone, exept a few group hunts. I did my RoP most parts alone exept the very hard ones and my ARoP all alone execpt the rift (Which REQUIRES other dragons). Yes this is a MMO, and I play with others, but NEVER powerleved or did anyone powerlevel.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    what he was powerleveling people ?

no, everyone does not - my entire guild in fact, does not. We frown on it and we do not allow it within the guild. The rules even say so.

I've been hre two years, and I'm level 90...sound like I've been powerleveled? Yea don't think so. And I have one character, and one character only.

Believe it or not, some of us like to PLAY the game at our own speed - not race to the top and sit around.

As for the posters play style, did you check with your guild to make sure they allowed power leveling? Many guilds do not, and will kick out members found to be doing so - in either direction (them being PL or them PL others).

Also did your PL at any time interfere with others' play? Perhaps that is what got people complaining. If you're running around swiping others mobs, or generally being rude....well...

no clue, I have no idea who you are, just some thoughts.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I like to play my own game and at my own speed, which is why it took me 788 days (114 days 16 hours game time ) to reach my first lv100 adv.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Kallis

Sorry if i didnt mention it, but it was a craft that i powerleveled on my own, I just played long hours and non-stop crafted.

By that you mean you used one of your characters to craft powerlevel another of your characters?

A character can't powerlevel their self by definition. That's called "leveling" or possibly "intelligent multi-classing"
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

I see nothing wrong with using one's Alt character to PL another character's craft and vice-versa. If you've already made Lv100 in one craft, there's nothing wrong with PLing an Alt's craft to Lv100 if its using similar things.

My GF and I have Lv100 crafter dragons. We helped each other get up there, I'd do whole loads of materials for her when she fell behind, kinda-sorta "PL"ing her. In the future, we plan to help our bipeds out a little, by being a moving storage container for our Bipeds. A Lv100 crafter adult can hold 4500 bulk, that's almost as good as a tarbash disk and it moves a heck of a lot faster, lol.

We are not doing this just to "get on top", we are doing it to relieve some of the endless grind that is the Crafting Levelling System. We are doing this so we can bypass the repeated load after load after load of the same dang thing, so that we can get into more interesting things such as building buildings, and levelling adventure classes (and being able to make our equipment to do so).

I'm glad my guild has no rules against this...

--Dhalin

Kallis

No..i didnt use an alt kallis was my first character.
    Im trying to say i played VERY long hours and non-stop crafted, people didnt like it. Ive decided to quit HZ and move on where i can play as i like for my money. Might return when EI turn things around.

Hope my hate-club got what they wanted.

sounds like maybe you picked the wrong guild. I cannot imagine anyone caring what you did with your time.if you enjoyed playing the game dont see how quitting the game will help matters either.

Quote Originally Posted by zayin
    sounds like maybe you picked the wrong guild. I cannot imagine anyone caring what you did with your time.if you enjoyed playing the game dont see how quitting the game will help matters either.

Indeed I must agree. Unless you aren't telling the entire story, or did something else in bad taste to erk the rest of the guild. I can't imagine anyone getting made because you play non-stop *chuckles* Everyone is guilty of that...
    This space for sale or rent. PST for pricing.

The only thing my fellow hatchie-friend Narago was guilty of was doing his RoP at 30... for that he was harassed in Dragon chat frequently, until he finally left the game because he felt unwelcome. He was a dedicated LSer and worked like a slave on several other dragon's lairs for them, and generally otherwise a good player.

There -is- a vocal group that browbeat people for playing a different way than they 'approve of', I've seen it myself.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Very true Khosadan. This community very frequently "weeds" out those that it feels does not fit the "mold". What results is a stagnating community.

Were the membership larger, individuals with all matter of different playstyles, gaming beliefs, etc. would find happy "homes".

This community, sadly, can be a very intolerant one.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    ROFLMAO Then I'm not of the "everyone" people you mean

I soloed my dragon up to 100/100 alone, exept a few group hunts. I did my RoP most parts alone exept the very hard ones and my ARoP all alone execpt the rift (Which REQUIRES other dragons). Yes this is a MMO, and I play with others, but NEVER powerleved or did anyone powerlevel.
    Agreed. Powerlevel? What's that? All I've done is occasional hunts with friends. I've never been all that conserned with my level. Just get it while doing other things, quests, etc.

So let me get this straight ?

people decided they didn't like this guys style of leveling his characters ? I sure as hell hope the whole story is not known because no egomaniac tellls anyone else who is paying for their subscription how to play the game. You simply have no right to do so.

Of course... if his play style is disruptive but as much as we can see his playstyle was not. Its just a game for crying out loud. Try to remember that.

Did you ever, or regularly, tap into a node that other people were harvesting from?

That's really the only thing about crafting, that I know of, that will get under other people's skins.

Thread Information