Thread: HELP - 14 day trial

Default HELP - 14 day trial

I'm quoting the following from a poster on the VN Boards who is trying to get some help getting the 14-day trail to work. Poster said he is unable to make an account here at this time, so I'm posting the issue for him/her. If anyone has any advice, your help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi there,
    I am doing the trial version of Horizons and I had a question. I downloaded the full client off the downloads page. I installed the game, went and created the account and am finally at the Horizons Patcher. I downloaded the client at my MIL’s house as I am stuck on dial-up and she has a 5 meg cable connection. Problem is though, she lives 6 hours away, so it’s not a trip I can take often. Anyways, Now that I am at the patcher I notice it’s downloading yet more files and is currently at 20+ more MBs to download and I am back home.

How many more MBs can I look forward to?

It also seems to be stuck on Horizons.exe.auc and I’m not sure why. Any ideas as to that?

I am unable to post on the official Horizons forums as they aren't allowing new registrations apparently.

Naomanos
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

I can't speak to the dial-up speed question, but I just re-subscribed back in July and it took me about 2-2.5 hours to get fully downloaded and patched on my cable connection.

I remember having the patcher "get stuck" on horizons.exe.auc and other files often when I was on dial-up, but for some reason, no one from TG could comprehend the problem (and I believe it was because I was on dial-up). Getting a faster connection worked for me.

At least I believe it is the same situation you're having. Does it re-download the same file many times when it gets stuck?
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Default How is HZ on Dial-up?

I downloaded the install for the game for my bro-in-law. He's a dial-up user. I wasn't even thinking, at the time, about patching. Is it worth the wait patching via dial-up?? How does HZ play over a dial-up connection?? ~Arturis

I've looked around a bit and can't find anything. Does anyone know if there is a site I can manually download the patches? I could then just burn them to dvd along with the game and take it to him. ~Arturis

Actually, I don't believe there is. When I was on dial-up, I even resorted to asking people to send me the bigger files through DCC, email, or some other method. No one actually did for some reason.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Thread Information