View Poll Results: How well are the moderators doing?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent job!

25 18.80%
  • Doing ok.

24 18.05%
  • So so.

11 8.27%
  • A bit heavy handed.

34 25.56%
  • Horrible!

39 29.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator Feedback Poll

Default Moderator Feedback Poll

In light of all that has happened recently, I thought that it would be a good thing if the moderators get some feedback on how the community thinks they are doing their job. A thankless one at that in the best of times. I want to keep this poll neutral as possible, so I politely ask that any comments made be limited, no attacks and no opinions for or against that are bait to be attacked please.

The vote I cast was based on what happened recently, around the time that the boards were put into full moderation. I'm not sure how much more I can say if I want to respect the wishes in the last sentence in the post given above.

I won't cast a vote because it would not be fair. I believe many of us are very biased right now.

Outside of the past four weeks... I would say the moderators do a great service to the community and I appreciate them.

However, I will not comment on recent events.
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You should not be so judgmental on the mods, belive me They only want what is best for the game. But if an order from higher up is asked for them to do they have to do it

"orders from higher up" dont excuse actions unbecoming of a person blue. In the military if you use that line it gets you a dishonorable discharge and disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus
    "orders from higher up" dont excuse actions unbecoming of a person blue. In the military if you use that line it gets you a dishonorable discharge and disgrace.
    however it is used during the last months over and over as reason for behaviour (or abcense of) by both TG an EI so all please stop measuring with different rulers.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Blue, I am trying hard not to be "too harsh on the mods." But, I know in my heart, if I am being asked to do something I do not agree with, I resign from my position and make it known why. (And yes, I did this even when a paycheck was involved.)

By doing what the higher powers say with no objection tells me that they agree with what is being done. There is nothing that a moderator can do at this point to "save Horizons." That is solely in the hands of EI and the players who continue to stay.

At this point, modding in such a fashion as to completely remove opinions from the board says that you are a supporter of EI's tactics
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps a better wording might be:

"How well is the moderation in recent weeks?"

Choices remain the same.

It's recent events which prompted this poll. We can't see what the moderators are being told to do, only the end result. The only judgement we can give is on that end result. I think it's fair for users to be able to give such a judgement. Moderators and EI would be well advised to pay attention to such judgements from users.

If moderators feel like their hands are tied then they need to discuss this with EI. I know that if I were a volunteer being asked to do stuff I didn't agree with, I'd pretty soon walk away. But that's just me. Everyone has to make their own decisions.

I don't really care who's responsible. I can listen to reasons and excuses as various people finger point why this or that person is or is not responsible all day. I really don't care. But someone sure is and they might take notice of the backlash they're generating before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    But if an order from higher up is asked for them to do they have to do it
    And that right there is why I have a problem with how the mods are performing recently.

It's like I told Peaches, it reminds me of the vietnam war and the government run radio stations there. Mods = radio station, EII = government, players = troops... The government tells the radio station what it can and can't braodcast and the troops only get the news that will continue to give a false sense of morale. While it's not the radio stations fault they have to restrain broadcast, they are allowing themselves to be the puppets the government pulls the strings of.

That's not judgement, that's calling it how I see it. I keep hoping and waiting for the moment that the Mods become Robin Williams in, Good Morning Vietnam and finally stand up for what's right and decide they aren't going to have their strings pulled anymore.

*a copy of this post has been saved in the event it gets deleted as her other post had*

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    And that right there is why I have a problem with how the mods are performing recently.

It's like I told Peaches, it reminds me of the vietnam war and the government run radio stations there. Mods = radio station, EII = government, players = troops... The government tells the radio station what it can and can't braodcast and the troops only get the news that will continue to give a false sense of morale. While it's not the radio stations fault they have to restrain broadcast, they are allowing themselves to be the puppets the government pulls the strings of.

That's not judgement, that's calling it how I see it. I keep hoping and waiting for the moment that the Mods become Robin Williams in, Good Morning Vietnam and finally stand up for what's right and decide they aren't going to have their strings pulled anymore.

*a copy of this post has been saved in the event it gets deleted as her other post had*
    Snow... you know its uncanny how resembled my post in the Peaches farewell to Dravatar the moderator thread and your post in this thread are. And thus, I holly agree in your statement.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by LexDivinia
    At this point, modding in such a fashion as to completely remove opinions from the board says that you are a supporter of EI's tactics
    Has this actually been done? I see a lot of negative posts around.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Has this actually been done? I see a lot of negative posts around.
    Well what happened then to Ophelas (sp?:P) posts?

(why has me message to be minimum 50 characters btw ? :P)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    You deleted a whole POST of mine without EVER speaking to me regarding the contents of it.
    You're making assumptions without any facts and throwing out unfounded accusations here. That seems to be happening quite a bit.

My question pertained to whether or not certain "opinions" were completely being removed. I have not seen that.

As regards to Ophelea's posts being removed, she was banned and as such, all her content removed, IMO. <---That is my assumption.

I want to keep this poll neutral as possible, so I politely ask that any comments made be limited, no attacks and no opinions for or against that are bait to be attacked please.
    Hmm, some folks in this thread seem to be on the low end of the reading comprehension skill set . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    You deleted a whole POST of mine without EVER speaking to me regarding the contents of it.
    You're making assumptions without any facts and throwing out unfounded accusations here. That seems to be happening quite a bit.

My question pertained to whether or not certain "opinions" were completely being removed. I have not seen that.

As regards to Ophelea's posts being removed, she was banned and as such, all her content removed, IMO. <---That is my assumption.
    To me what is happening here is that Several threads, some that folks were following closely, have mysteriously disappeared. Since we, the standard poster, don't know who has the authority or rights to do such, the only people that the fingers can be pointed at are the Moderators. BK you have, at least in this thread, made yourself a target by posting several times trying to use a miniscule fire extinguisher to put out a 3 alarm fire.

Since we have not been given any information on who has allegedly removed posts/banned people (not saying it has not happened, because it has) and by the tone of at least your, BK's, posts, that you dont have any idea what is going on in this matter either. Which incidently is fanning the flames not hosing them down. I have noticed that not all of Ophelea's posts have been removed, but since she no longer has a login to the pages here, you can not explicitly search for her posts.

To be honest, it should have been sufficient to edit the post for "violating the forum rules" and closing the thread. Perhaps sending PM to Ophelea and informing her that her posts would from then on be moderated until further notice, etc... as is usually the case for First offenses. If this is a subsequent offense and she had been notified of the previous offense then perhaps an alternate form of punishment. However since apparently no one on the forums knows anything about someone allegedly known as Ophelea, I guess there was no post deletion and no forum banning.

Anyway... Sorry to Derail the thread about how the Moderators are doing, but perhaps this explains my vote.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Hmm, some folks in this thread seem to be on the low end of the reading comprehension skill set . . . .
    I hope you include yourself in that Tant. That was not only an attack (insult) but bait as well, no matter how politely (veiled) put.

Just calling it like I see it.

The thing that disturbs me the most, is the universal wipe of EVERY POST EVER MADE by banned people, not just the one that broke the rules. It's knee-jerk extremism is very upsetting.

For that alone, I'd have to side against the current moderation methods going on.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Quote Originally Posted by Khosadan
    The thing that disturbs me the most, is the universal wipe of EVERY POST EVER MADE by banned people, not just the one that broke the rules. It's knee-jerk extremism is very upsetting.

For that alone, I'd have to side against the current moderation methods going on.
    again I say the Moderators are not to blaim here. especial having all the post being deleted by the banned poster. DO not forget, I will repeat do not forget EI staff members now have moderator privales also, and some with admin rights to the board

a lot of my posts got removed or complete threads got wiped

maybe the moderators have been friendlier before the area of EII , i dont know because i never got in contact with them

my pms got answered very friendly, so no critisicm here.

I would very much like to see that practice to delete all previous postings of a banned poster abolished, but it is entirely possible that the Moderators do not have the power to decide that. Therefore, I have PMed GM_DarkEnigmaa and hope for a response on that matter.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information