Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all, old mates

Default Hello all, old mates

Hello,

I am not sure anyone still remembers of this old, old dragon.

He still recalls you all fondly and sends you his e-hugs.

I have little to no time to play Hz anymore and anyway I became a pretty "famous" druid in WoW called Sahrokh (yeah the fantasy ;P) and I tend to hang there.

Still, I cannot forget Vahrokh, he's some ancient beast I love so much, I cannot forget him.

He impacted on Horizons (for who can still recall the IRC sea-session with Amon and having him correct the database bugs that would fix several dragons long standing issues) and impacted on me affectively and I would like to return playing him again some times.

But what's up with this confusion? Is GN going to close our server without a chance to copy our characters away?

Are they still alive? Does Luca still work for them?

Did GN break the contract with Tulga or EI and we won't get updates any more?

Because I don't want to see my beloved dragon die, I'd pay any IRL money amount to have him saved on a US server if our destiny is to close Unity.

Sorry if this probably has been asked 1000 times, please make me know something, I am really concerned.

Hugs again
    Vahrokh Vain

At this moment some Na players tend to start new on Unity, because EII does atm a horrible job here. So think about twice if you REALLY want your dragon in the hands of EI, regardless, character copies to other shards are not possible.

Gn does atm a way more better job that EI does, and luca still works for GN.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Nothing is decided yet, but they are talking and that's a good thing.. check out:
    http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread...66#post1017866

p.s. good thing you lost the bursting pock thing allways had a very yuck feeling about that

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Heya Vahrokh ...

Of course we don't forget you ... who can forget a large red dragon like that ... Glad you have found another home for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    At this moment some Na players tend to start new on Unity, because EII does atm a horrible job here. So think about twice if you REALLY want your dragon in the hands of EI, regardless, character copies to other shards are not possible.

Gn does atm a way more better job that EI does, and luca still works for GN.
    Takora, I find that terribly biased!

I think at the moment neither EII nor GN can or will do what the game needs. Both manage maintenance and try to communicate with the playerbase. And thats it. None is better than the other at this moment.

EII has still to get the billing issues sorted out before it can start with support issues, let alone new content. GN as well leaves support tickets unanswered (or has that changed since I left?)

As for the future:
    GN will never be able to develop new content. The only way for GN to get new game content is when EII develops it. And it will only get it when they agree an a contract about the patches. Otherwise, only the NA shards will get the new content and Unity won't.

And as for players who stopped playing on the NA shards and started on Unity -- don't forget to mention there is and has been for some time also a traffic in the opposite direction.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Hello Vahrokh, I agree with snickel about what he said, and to be honest it s not the best of times to start playing again, but would be nice to see you in game someday
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Heya big red

Missed you, I still use all the high level spells you crafted for me and some of the ones that can't be made anymore, I look at and think 'Vahrokh made this, miss that big red scaled beast...'.

I'm sorry I can't really answer your questions with optimism. We're all waiting to hear what's going to happen. A lot of dust is settling and we're waiting to see what appears when the air is clear. I hope the future bodes well for all of us, but I cannot say with any degree of conviction that I know the future will be better than it is now.

I wish you well in life my friend. May our paths cross again in the not too distant future...

Hey Vah

Nice hearing from you, I'm afraid that you will find very few of the old ones left(I'm gone to), with Varan I think the last of the Ice dragons that's been around from the start are gone, but still there are some nice people around.
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Glad you have found another home for a while.
    It's a sad home to be doomed not to be a dragon.

Sure, as WoW druid I can be several animals (yes I definitely hate playing anything biped and humanoid )

And guess what, it's another "do it all but not so well" class.

Heh I did not even know this when I rolled it, I just end up always rolling the same things.

But a dragon, hell! it's a magnificent, unique, noble, elegant, perfect, fantastic, awe-inspiring creature (did I say I like dragons?), I just can't live without knowing Vahrokh is always here waiting for me to "live" him.

Missed you, I still use all the high level spells you crafted for me and some of the ones that can't be made anymore, I look at and think 'Vahrokh made this, miss that big red scaled beast...'.
    I missed you and several others (Hagen! Felicia, Varaan... hmm can't list all of them).

Nowhere ever I found a community like in Horizons, it's the other thing along playing a dragon that can't make me forget you guys.

A sort of "republic" with player moderated chats (if you ever did it in any other MMO you'd see the harassment) full of nice people, full of people ready to make epic efforts to build something constructive together, be it even just a bridge.

with Varan I think the last of the Ice dragons that's been around from the start are gone,
    Ice... just mentioning it... I can't refrain from having way too intense feelings and in few seconds our life "replayed" before my eyes.

What happy months!

Default Ciao Vahrokh!

Come stai, drago rosso?

Glad to hear you are still alive, even if i suppose you have to be nearly dead, playing that comic-WoW. ;-P

*points to his goodbye-thread* Read this and feel better.

A presto! *waves*

Some WoW necromancer revived him for sure and forced him to play a biped.

It can't be different then that he's being forced to play a biped...

I left Unity behind sadly but I'm enjoying my time on Chaos and no Vah you're not forgotten.

Hi Sunuke I am glad you are still among "the living". I have heard that Fluuoro too "migrated".

I think the last of the Ice dragons that's been around from the start are gone, but still there are some nice people around
    I met Shula the other day I logged on, so there's still at least two ICE dragons still alive.

By the way, if you are wondering why I am using this silly new user name is because the forum does not want to log in my original name any more but says it's duplicated if I try and recreate it.

... Rhialto waves.... still peeking in occasionally...

somehow HZ has captured the imagination of many players....

its a real pitty what happens to the game. Somehow this
    could be great game is hampered with lousy owners...
    Th only way to change this is is to make HZ open-source... that would
    make the revival of horizons a possibility.

No company can develop it further with the current revenues.

I think EII just wanted to buy it and just host it while doing some
    live events and editing the database a bit. I think they never intended
    to really hire developers. Which is a GRAVE MISTAKE for HZ...
    They should have known when they had played the game to lvl 100.
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Default hey =)

Iam still here too. Browsing almost every day actually. Iam still hoping.

But to be honest, I have given all hopes up about unity. I just started over on chaos. It does not feel the same. I miss my ivy. I hope that there might be some chance to get her to chaos, but I dont see myself continue playing on unity. It has always been a problem to live on unity and Iam not gona risk it again. Once this little procedure is over ( which I actually believe never to happen ) its only a matter of time until the next severe problems occur.

But before I give up on it completely, I rather give this little new dragon a go, as a tribute to what the game used to mean for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy
    Iam still here too. Browsing almost every day actually. Iam still hoping.

But to be honest, I have given all hopes up about unity. I just started over on chaos. It does not feel the same. I miss my ivy. I hope that there might be some chance to get her to chaos, but I dont see myself continue playing on unity. It has always been a problem to live on unity and Iam not gona risk it again. Once this little procedure is over ( which I actually believe never to happen ) its only a matter of time until the next severe problems occur.

But before I give up on it completely, I rather give this little new dragon a go, as a tribute to what the game used to mean for me.
    Just contact VenomClaw or LZ on Chaos and I'll fit you with a nice flying cargo disk some spells and some scales to make life some more easier just as the people on chaos helped me start.

yopyop dragon
    And you're ofcourse welcome to our "Heroes of Unity" guild! ^_^
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

thank you very much for your offerings of help, but I got myself quite established already. I have been adult for quite a while and already am member of a guild there. However Iam worrying about a tiny hatchling mate of mine, called Gladior - he is in the process of his RoP but is having issues to find help because our american is playing opposite hours and Iam too small to help with the draak parts

Getting help is never a problem. Just ring and help is on the way

Ill remember you as well Vahrokh ,you should better be come back to Unity or Unitas ^^ cause there are some Hatchies who need a few special Scales .
    and Sunuke ^^ i miss you but i wont come over to Chaos

Thumbs up

Heya Ol' red. I dropped by Hz for a while since I got bored of EQ2..I tried WoW but couldn't take those feckish N-elfs ..the sight of em' sent me hurling..eeeww what where they thinking..dragon's get airborn with less wing spann and they got stuck with that as EARS. .Well hope you have a good time there.I do miss shape-change from both WoW and EQ. hade my ratonga in wolf shape so much I started fetching sticks in RL
    Graylegs ELAR (active for now)

Graypaws. warden EQ2 (splitpaws)
    Greylegs.working hard -II-
    Graylegs hunter WoW (retired!! )

Thread Information