Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove resources from mob loot table

Default Remove resources from mob loot table

I don't need uncut periot from killing golems and etc. Pretty please.

sorry but I disagree please keep them. several dragon quests require me to gather so man of such a resource (100 amythst and another for 100 citrine) now since this is an adventure quest I don't see why i should HAVE to dig it myself also I myself use golems as a resource node and view the 2-10 resources as a bonus to make crafting a little more interesting and I am sure I am not the only one. Now I admit I am only at the iron side of the resource scale but as thing progress I will move up the tiers

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Default ok

Have you phillip thought not only about the dragons that need these for quest but there are also jewelers who need them for quest and crafting. they also sell quite nicely to the pawn broker after you have spent alot of money and need cash.

these are tied to quests? blah.

i'm not just talking about just golems. all the mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    I don't need uncut periot from killing golems and etc. Pretty please.
    If you don't want it, don't loot it.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Yes leave them better thy remove Human cloth and armor loot from mobs like gruok, spiders .... ever seen a spider with a platemetal chest? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    How about, if you do want it, go seek it. Gather it or buy it from someone who takes the time to gather it. This would support a player based economy, where players depend on each other and support each other through commerce. (I distinctly remember that HZ was planned to be a game where crafters were considered important 'cause adventurers would depend on them, and vice versa.)

Getting everything you need in the game from killing enough mobs is so repetitive, so boring, so...so...Everquest.

If you desire things that only drop, like armor crystals, slay or purchase from a slayer. If you desire crafty things and resources, craft or purchase. It is simple and beautiful.

Toss the resources out of the loot table.

If I might elaborate on the initial idea, I would also suggest that animals have a terrible loot table. Crystals should sometimes drop, being that many animals collect "the shiney" things. But none should drop coin, neither should they drop any sort of weapon/armor. These prizes should be left to the humanoid/intelligent mobs. Their AI should be more challenging, they should have more tricks up their sleeves, such as spells, calls to nearby mobs for help, cronies hanging out with them, and in general, special abilities. Accordingly, the loot table should be much better and diverse, since a humanoid can collect anything it wants, just about anything should drop from it. More xp should be given for humanoids as well. In short, more risk = more reward.

Of course animals should still be the sources of trophies and critical to the completion of some quests, but the loot table should be boring enough to prompt solo farmers to contact other players in search of more rewarding prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    No **** sherlock homely. That isn't the point though is it?

Yes leave them better thy remove Human cloth and armor loot from mobs like gruok, spiders .... ever seen a spider with a platemetal chest? :P
    even seen fiend in tights? gnome in spandex? crafting dragon?
    Last edited by GM_Gizmo; September 13th, 2006 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    How about, if you do want it, go seek it. Gather it or buy it from someone who takes the time to gather it. This would support a player based economy, where players depend on each other and support each other through commerce. (I distinctly remember that HZ was planned to be a game where crafters were considered important 'cause adventurers would depend on them, and vice versa.)

Getting everything you need in the game from killing enough mobs is so repetitive, so boring, so...so...Everquest.

With your kind off logic we better have the armor and weapons removed from the loot tables as well.
    If you want it buy it from your local crafter or make it your self.

Quote Originally Posted by sierana
    they also sell quite nicely to the pawn broker.
    Yah! if you can find a t5/t6 pawn, otherwise forget raw resources don't worth the bulk they take in a pack.

You need resources that why their is resource nodes. The loot system when you kill creature is boring most of the time, and the raw resources are for a big part of the boredoom is the raw resources.

I'm dont often agree with Phillips, but golems should never have been desing as the main raw resources provider.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

When wandering around with my dragon I'm happy to loot anything hoardable and if it ain't hoardable and my hunting partner can't use it then the pawny usually would like to pay something for it or it can be trown into my vault in case of tech resources and formula's and techs.

Then the case of platemail and other armour on gruoks and spiders.

Ever thought about the idea of what happend to all those players that were killed before you by those creatures that you just have revenged by killing them?

You are just looting their armour which is left behind.

It's all tragically

Im hardcore adventure. So being able to loot some resources while killing is fine with me, Thats my sort of crafting.

I'm harcore adventure too. No craft whatsoever. I bought an army knife though.

LOL, gotta have the army knife, need to make those skulls

Oh and Warsong is a closet crafter!

The mob resource drops can get annoying, especially if you are mass-killing.

You can choose to loot all of the stuff, but if you do that, you fill up fast, on the endless resource drops these mobs dump on you. Or, you can point and click everything that is NOT a resource (wasting time, while other mobs are attacking you, and what-not).

There should be an option to loot everything EXCEPT resources. That would be best of both worlds.

--Dhalin

Smile

Originally Posted by Tsarevna

Quote Originally Posted by Mairynn Nalnair
    With your kind off logic we better have the armor and weapons removed from the loot tables as well.
    If you want it buy it from your local crafter or make it your self.
    It's not my logic, it's the horizons founder's logic. (But it happens to be logic I agree with, and one of the reasons Horizons is a progressive MMOG.)

And why remove the weapons and armor from the loot table? With very few exceptions, it's crap. (And even if a blighted item is "good", it runs out of charges and then the adventurer who looted this item must buy recharges from a crafter.) The devs keep the loot mostly crap, for a reason. The devs had it in mind to create a game where the adventurers depend on crafters and vice versa. A crafter can make a socketed item, but an adventurer has to procure the crystal for it, because the crystal can't be crafted.

As for the "hardcore adventurers", the backpack isn't really large enough to accomidate enough resources to facilitate efficient crafting. If you aren't wearing cargo gear, your inventory fills up so fast with resources you are forced to quit adventuring sooner than one normally would, and if you try to adventure in cargo gear, well, all I can say is gods be with you.
    Because the hardcore adventurers often venture far from towns to do their slaying, I think I can safely assume having to do town trips quite often because of an inventory filled with heavy resource loot is annoying.
    I would presume that creating better loot to replace resource loot, such as new items to place in sockets, house furniture forms, etc, which would be light-weight, would gather more interest in the game, rather than be same-ol-same-old.

EDIT: And I support the idea of a button to "Loot-All, except resources". This will serve untill the new owners of the game can decide what they want to do with their game. (They could very well abandon the philosophy of crafter/adventurer interdependance and decide to make uber-loot like EQ, they can do whatever they want. So my argument might be moot.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    I have seen no indication that a player-based economy could ever exist in this game -- not as long as we havelarge and well-established guilds, who provide their services for free to their guildies. And I like guilds, so I've given up on the idea of a player based economy.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

What has needed to happen for a long long time is the entire scale of crafting has to be brought down. More more making 300 mining picks in 15 minutes, you make one. And the experience you gain for that one is substanial. Economy and loot can not work without it, the shear work to convert a mindless craft system into something valued though would be massive, it just won't get done.

I don't think abandoning adv craft with WoW/EQ type loot is the way to go. There are plenty of room to add adv loot without. Add sockets to other pieces of armor, even cargo gear, add profound crystals/runes/stones to the loot table with +ac or +bulk etc, add enhancements to the loot table for spells and weapons and so on. Make the stats random upon drop like the Blighted stuff. Crafters can do what they do now just the same. But adv and crafting just got better.

I don't agree with the Valkor/SoG stuff. That's a cause for camping. We have a very low population currently, but if a few thousand people are playing per server there will be so much camping on those. Best to spread the goods accross the high end mobs. Let the mob bosses drop the novelty, shiny fluff that represent acomplishment, and the loot don't have to be the same fluff.

On economy, I don't see crafted materials to be worth much. The reason is crafting is static. No crafter of equal level/skills can make anything truly unique. I can't go to a Spellcrafter and buy the T5 triple-teched Spirit Bolt with -10 delay which he managed to make through skill and luck. The only loot to hold high value are of events past. Also, money don't have much value here. I can have 2g and you 20g, there's not much difference between us.

I know this stray away from the original post but I just wanted to comment on some of the posts here. Good stuff though.

Thread Information