Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sorry to say ...

Default sorry to say ...

The icon project and the UIs I have been creating are indefintely on hold...

EI has created a new rule that says I am not able to link my work to the public .. I sent a PM to Dark Enigma - which he declined to respond to - except to get Peaches to tell me "We are currently working on the issue"..

Somehow the fact that myself and any number of other people who have been working on UIs or other projects to make istarian life better are now wasted time.

Thankyou to the 1300 people who have downloaded my work and given me thanks for the time spent doing it...I have enjoyed it and I hope you have gotten a better gaming experience from it.

To EI - your stupid(edited)bureacreacy has invalidated hundreds of hours of my work which you otherwise would have gotten for free.. one day you may grow up and be worthy of the game you now own.

For anyone who wants some of the work which I am not now allowed to link .. stengrafix .. you can work the rest out.

Hopefully one day EI will be smart enough to embrace the people who have given their time to try to help the game .. right now - we're not allowed to link our work ..

TG wanted to host my work EI bans me from linking it .. does not make me feel very confident and willing to try to help them any more.
    Last edited by Peaches; September 11th, 2006 at 07:31 PM.

I can really understand you Valornyx. I think it's hard work to make such wonderful and great icons (to find which icon belongs to what ability,...etc.)

Your dragon icons are great, and the start with the biped icons also, I hope soemday you will work again and complete your icon project

And to EI, grow up! I mean, for what we have a player customation fourm when noone can link their work there?!?!?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I love your UI Valornyx, and I still use the nature one.. well when I log in. Sad that these changes are made for no reason.

Whoa there, you need to hang on, something like this usually happens when a company takes over another one. New rules, just hang in there, as I said in my pm to you, it is currently being worked on. Noone is trying to invalidate your work.

I'm sorry to hear about this, I firmly believe that the modding community should be able to present their work to the community. Any enhancements to UI or immersion should be permissable imo, such as map packs, emote packs, audio packs and so on.

There's probably a fairly simple answer. Maybe someone at EI thought it would help prevent certain widely-known exploits if the players were denied the ability to share knowledge on how to modify client interface features. Who knows ? I'm willing to guess that's part of the reason behind this new rule.

Unbelievable. Sadly the fact is even if a new company comes in and says we aren't gonna change anything, they always do. Our compny here at work got bought out and they said we arent gonna change a thing, we even want to keep the old company name and use it because its successful......

Well now pay issues are diff, benefits are diff, or named changed and so did our logo..............

Oh well life goes on

I'm sorry - am I missing something? - I was told on the 26th of August to remove the links to my website from my signature..

at that time I tried to apply to get my work "approved" by the current administration ..

nothing...

I sent a PM to Dark Enigma - you responded .. a week ago that "We are currently working on the issue" .. is this such a tough issue to work out that it takes that long?

My statement stands - I have done hundreds of of hours of work for my fellow Istarians to try to make their game experience better .. I am now banned from linking my work for them for some bureaucratic reason that makes no sense to me since as far as I know no one has made an exploit for the game ..

lots of people - myself included .. have done a lot of work to try to help people enjoy the game better .. "whoa hang on"? ..

this is not a major financial bugetary decision .. I have now been hanging on for 17 days with the idea that my work is now wasted

Explain to me why - In an environment where EI has no capacity at all to create new UIs that I am not allowed to share my work - which I had been doing for the last 7 months - with the populace of Istaria
    Last edited by Valornyx; September 11th, 2006 at 08:00 PM.

Default I am sorry

I am doing my best, I can't rush the process. As I said, I will be in touch with you when I find out more information.

Thank you

give them some breathing room dude. they'll come around.

Yea I have no idea what the issue maybe but I'm sure they will remedy this asap if at all possible.

That's ok.... if they won't link them, I sure the hell will and there's nothing EI can do about it.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Director of Marketing, EI Interactive Nagafen's Avatar

Valornyx,
    Our goal is to provide more support for player modifications and we're working on a way to better incorporate them into Horizons. We also want to make sure that player made modifications are appropriate for the game. We're still in the process of creating a system, through which we can further encourage you and players like you.

The reasoning behind our asking you to temporarily refrain from posting a link to your mods was simply to protect the game from damaged files or inappropriate content. It's nothing personal. We're responsible for everything in this game. It only stands to reason, we'd want to check any additions.

The fact of the matter is, however, we've not been able to get to your mods as quickly as any of us would've liked. We're sorry for the inconvenience and you are welcome to post a link, until we are able to put in place a more organized system for submitting player mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Alashar
    Why change anything then? Let him distribute it until such time as you figure out how to incorporate it into your new plans. Jeez.
    ummm.... <points down, then back up above your post>

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen
    <snip>We're sorry for the inconvenience and you are welcome to post a link, until we are able to put in place a more organized system for submitting player mods.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I think Ala means why change it in the first place. Just wait till you actually get around to the plan instead of making a change then reversing it. I believe thats what was ment. But hey all is good now

We're sorry for the inconvenience and you are welcome to post a link, until we are able to put in place a more organized system for submitting player mods.
    Alashar,
    It is not my intent to be rude and I'm sorry if my post was unclear, but that was essentially what I just said we would be doing.

Jayne,
    Point well taken. We would've addressed this sooner, but other issues took priority.

We're responsible for everything in this game. It only stands to reason, we'd want to check any additions.
    Okay. I'll have to give you that, you can be scare to see any abuse. But my understanding was that some folks of EII were playing the game before. And any players that have a bit of know how are aware that players have been making content and that the directory ""\Horizons\resources_override"" are for such content.

Please, try not to always have the "sensor" option evrytime you not quite sure. I don't know many folks in this communauty that would want to intentionnaly hurt the game. Please give the benifit of the doupt to the members to wanting to help.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Nagafen since your reading this post, can you tell us whats the low down on why we can't log in? Any information would be helpful, maybe you can reply to the other post dealing with this subject

I haven't made any announcements about that because I don't have any new information about it. They're aware of the problem and are working on it but, that much is evident from the login page. It didn't seem like there would be much purpose in me posting "I don't know". I'm sorry I can't tell you more.

I guess my first question would be was this initiated by EI, I mean were you doing something and that something caused it to go down? Or did it just happen and your trying to figure out why?

Either way is ok, just kinda was interested in that bit of information, besides the rest which would be "Ok its working now"

In regard to the OP, I know I use the heck out of Val's icons and some of Blue's collection of player mods (colorful hoard and someones tooth and claw texture fix to make them white rather than the color of the Dragon). I also am using the Beta Dragon Casting animation and the original Ancient models (my Dragon was not run through the dryer on high heat too many times, so no shrinkage). I know a lot of others have too, with no issues.

Dunno if that helps, but I expect many would agree they too have done impromptu beta testing on these player mods, with positive results.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information